Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Muderous Magpie - a coaching counterfactual

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MurderousMagpie wrote:
A lot happens behind the scenes is all I'm saying

I can assure you after we lost to Gold Coast and were 1-6, it was not Buckley developing a plan B

What the hell would be the point of that Saverio?

There is 0% Chance that Fly knew he was our New Coach during the Season

MurderousMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:52 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
MurderousMagpie wrote:

I can assure you after we lost to Gold Coast and were 1-6, it was not Buckley developing a plan B

I'm going to need some evidence to support your statement
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:55 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
MurderousMagpie wrote:

That is 100 % correct. We may have already put a line through Buckley by round six but neither Fly or anyone else were anywhere near having a commitment made to them during any point of the season.
MurderousMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:56 pm

Are you also suggesting that it was Buckley's idea to have Pendlebury kicking out and playing in defense as part of his Plan B once our record was 1-6?

Does that make sense now?
MurderousMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:58 pm

It's easy to make a statement like 0% chance or 100% chance, but I'm afraid that a made up number does not strengthen your argument

I need evidence!
MurderousMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:01 pm

And why are people against the idea of the higher ups already knowing who our coach would be. That's not a bad thing. Does it make you happier thinking we waited to the 11th hour once it became inconceivable that Clarkson would come?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:06 pm

MurderousMagpie wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
MurderousMagpie wrote:

Love to see your Proof

MurderousMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:10 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
MurderousMagpie wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
MurderousMagpie wrote:

Love to see your Proof

Exactly, so at this point and here on, neither of us is either correct or wrong.
MurderousMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:15 pm

However my friend, if you are correct, then that would most likely mean that Fly is our option D or E
The Weed 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:45 pm

MurderousMagpie wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
MurderousMagpie wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
MurderousMagpie wrote:

Love to see your Proof

Exactly, so at this point and here on, neither of us is either correct or wrong.

Nice logic, usually used by people trying to prove the existence or ghosts. 😀
CaptainSnooze 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:30 pm

MurderousMagpie wrote:
Are you also suggesting that it was Buckley's idea to have Pendlebury kicking out and playing in defense as part of his Plan B once our record was 1-6?

Pendlebury started 2020 playing half back but was moved back in the midfield when we were getting soundly beaten in the midfield.

Did Fly make that call too?
MurderousMagpie 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:17 pm

CaptainSnooze wrote:
MurderousMagpie wrote:

Pendlebury started 2020 playing half back but was moved back in the midfield when we were getting soundly beaten in the midfield.

Are you sure about that? I'd say your statement is incorrect. Our rd1 match against the Bulldogs we were quite dominant. I don't recall Pendlebury in defense, it would be silly considering we had 16min quarters
CaptainSnooze 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:03 pm

MurderousMagpie wrote:
CaptainSnooze wrote:
MurderousMagpie wrote:

Are you sure about that? I'd say your statement is incorrect. Our rd1 match against the Bulldogs we were quite dominant. I don't recall Pendlebury in defense, it would be silly considering we had 16min quarters

100% accurate. In the early rounds, he played mostly in defence. Looking at his stats, he hardly had any centre clearances (2, 0 and 1) or clearances in first 3 games His heat map shows he was getting most of his possessions in defence or middle of ground (ball was mostly locked in our forward line in 2 of the games). In Round 4 vs GWS, midfield was getting smashed so he went back into midfield and had 7 clearances and 4 centre clearances (lost by 2 points). Then lost on ANZAC DAY. After that, he pretty much played midfield again.
MurderousMagpie 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:06 pm

CaptainSnooze wrote:
MurderousMagpie wrote:
CaptainSnooze wrote:
MurderousMagpie wrote:

100% accurate. In the early rounds, he played mostly in defence. Looking at his stats, he hardly had any centre clearances (2, 0 and 1) or clearances in first 3 games His heat map shows he was getting most of his possessions in defence or middle of ground (ball was mostly locked in our forward line in 2 of the games). In Round 4 vs GWS, midfield was getting smashed so he went back into midfield and had 7 clearances and 4 centre clearances (lost by 2 points). Then lost on ANZAC DAY. After that, he pretty much played midfield again.

He wasn't playing in defense, he was just starting there. Then he stepped into the square from there on. The reason this was happening is because Pendlebury is losing his clearance ability naturally and is a liability in this regard. However if the initial bounce is killed or there is a stoppage anywhere after a (after goal bounce) I can assure you that Pendles was there.

What I find VERY interesting about what has been brought up is that we were undefeated after those 3 rounds! However as you stated, when Pendlebury became involved in the 'main bounces' from Rd 4, we went on to lose our next 2 games.

I think this shows the importance, of moving Pendlebury from the centre square where there is 20-30 crucial bounces ( after goal bounces ) 4v4 centres, 6v6 inside 50 moments

Because Pendlebury is not a 100 clearance a season player anymore.
MurderousMagpie 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:39 pm

If we want to match it with the Elite midfields, (Melb, W.B, P.A, Bris) then we are going to have to drop Pendlebury and Steele from midfield perhaps all together.

Adams requires much needed help, Crisp and Maynard can help significantly in this regard. JDG is too crucial to the potency level of our forward line so I'm calling for Crisp and Maynard who are not only clearance and tackling beasts but most likely 30 possession type guys waiting to be unlocked

Pendlebury can be crucial in defense potentially, while Sidey I believe can still offer plenty to the forward line but needs the correct system and personnel to succeed in.

Centre Clearences especially the golden ones ( after goal and beginning of quarter bounces ) imo is the most important thing in football these days with the 6v6 in effect.

You need to look no further than players like Petracca (158 clearences) and Oliver (187) for example to see what high clearance players can acchieve. Last Grand Final was ripped open by numerous surging plays clean out of the centre
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: