Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Filth, Bradbury And A Prelim.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The gap between euphoria and devastation is too big if we played Carlton.

If we win the Prelim, I would prefer to play Brisbane. Up at the Gabba, I think Brisbane will be too formidable for Carlton anyway.

If we ultimately fell short in a PF/GF, I could reconcile in my mind that Brisbane are a worthy team of winning the flag having beaten us twice this season, finished 2nd on the H&A ladder and they're the only side we haven't beaten in Fly's 2-season tenure so far.

Carlton on the other hand...

Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:01 pm

Jezza wrote:

If we win the Prelim, I would prefer to play Brisbane. Up at the Gabba, I think Brisbane will be too formidable for Carlton anyway.

If we ultimately fell short in a PF/GF, I could reconcile in my mind that Brisbane are a worthy team of winning the flag having beaten us twice this season, finished 2nd on the H&A ladder and they're the only side we haven't beaten in Fly's 2-season tenure so far.

Carlton barely got past Sydney at home. They barely got past a very wasteful Melbourne whose matchwinner Gawn had a broken toe, with a shedload of luck going their way.

They will be impaled next week. It will be very ugly.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:04 pm

Meredith1965 wrote:
Carlton barely got past Sydney at home. They barely got past a very wasteful Melbourne whose matchwinner Gawn had a broken toe, with a shedload of luck going their way.

Agree.

Hard to see them winning at the Gabba, which is a fortress for the Lions. Additionally, Brisbane are a superior team compared to Sydney and Melbourne.

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:18 pm

Jezza wrote:

Gotta risk the greatest loss the achieve the greatest victory, dare to dream Jezza!

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:14 pm

Jezza wrote:
Meredith1965 wrote:

Agree.

Hard to see them winning at the Gabba, which is a fortress for the Lions. Additionally, Brisbane are a superior team compared to Sydney and Melbourne.

Agree, and the Lions did defeat even us twice this season too, at home and here, on that horrid Marvel. they are unbeatable up there. I would love a chance to get them in the GF, we owe them bigtime, Fly would have us so pumped. Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:20 pm

Damien wrote:
I hope we are playing the Power next week and then onto GF day to demolish a banged up Carlton.

Melbourne Football Club: ‘All _uck No _inner’. I’ve left out the D’s, because there will be no Dees in the Prelims for the second year running 😈

Gawn in straight sets, Gawn in 60secs (literally) & Goodloss is a fkn idiot Coach!

But playing Carlton in a GF will have me hidden away in a dark room until I hear the final siren, those bastards always spoil our party.

In 1979 at School, I got bashed by a Scum supporter for barracking for COLL after we lost the GF, the asshole couldn’t be happy they won, but thought hitting me making me winded & breaking my glasses thought it’d be funny!

😞

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:33 pm

The way Carlton are carrying on,you’d honestly think they’d just won the grand final.And in many respects,that was their grand final last night.

Next week’s game has the same feel about it as the 2018 preliminary final when Melbourne went over toe Perth and got absolutely smashed by West Coast.I expect a similar result for Carlton when they travel up to the Gabba next week end.☺️
Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:59 pm

[quote="ANNODAM"]
Damien wrote:
I hope we are playing the Power next week and then onto GF day to demolish a banged up Carlton.
In 1979 at School, I got bashed by a Scum supporter for barracking for COLL after we lost the GF, the asshole couldn’t be happy they won, but thought hitting me making me winded & breaking my glasses thought it’d be funny!

😞

What's always stood out to me is Carlton supporters' sense of entitlement. The worst sore winners.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:06 pm

All I know, his name was Gary, lived on Charles St., in Seddon.

PRICK!

I hope he chokes on his urine next week.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:30 pm

Jezza wrote:

this

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:53 pm

I'd rather beat the Brions in the GF this year and watch with joy next year as the Scum fail to make the 8.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:59 pm
Post subject: Re: The Filth, Bradbury And A Prelim.Reply with quote

Marvelos wrote:
Fingers crossed they (at the very least) belt the bejesus out of the bears and bang themselves up in the process, I hope they win, never, ever said that before, we have scores to settle.

No.

Way too much stress.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:09 pm

If we make the GF, we play either Brisbane or Carlton. We have no say in the opponent, both have beaten us in GFs.

I have no preference, if we make it, I'll go in hoping to win but mentally prepared to lose. I'm not re-opening old scars, hopefully burying some old skeletons.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:12 pm

Said by Zed wrote:
KenH wrote:
I would love nothing more than to beat Carlton in a Granny, but if we do play them I think that I will be in a fetal position in a corner until the final siren, not sure if I can cope with that. The memories of previous Grand Finals is too much!

I’m feeling ya…as much as nothing would be sweeter, and I mean NOTHING, borderline orgasmic, something defs be on replay 24/7 during off-season…however like you I don’t think I could take watching the game let alone the utter devastation if god forbid we were to lose…anyone but them…I reckon it would take years to get over that….to a lesser degree but similarly still crushing to this day and something try not to mention or watch the 2018 GF…the scars of that loss are still too raw…damn for that matter still not over ‘70 ‘79 and ‘81….sh!t just did it to myself…reliving the pain and disappointment is so damn depressing and overwhelmingly frustrating of what could have been…

Hate the Bloose deeply, with a passion….their poxy jumper, their poxy song, their poxy fans, their coach, their presidents, their cheating and hypocrisy, just looking at their team and how they play freakin disgusts me…

So if we did make it, no!, not them….just couldn’t take it. Cmon Lions….don’t choke again you salary cap, blood doping cheating pricks!

Yep, quoted for truth lads.

Let's send the Oompa Loompas back to their chocolate factory first...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: