Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game Day. Pies v. Crows. Late changes, all comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:03 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m generally confident much more often than not whenever Collingwood run out but this match has got alarm bells ringing loud and clear.
In recent times the Crows have matched up very well against us, even when both teams have been at different ends of the ladder.
We’re getting much closer to our tipping point with injuries ( at least they aren’t long termers ) and this is an unforgiving competition that doesn’t lend itsself to teams staying up for months on end.
The Crows aren’t that good but what makes them unique is they have two of the most accurate key forwards in the comp ( Walker and Fogarty )
They just don’t need many touches in a game to still have a significant scoreboard impact. Howe will miss and in a game day strategy that will focus on cutting their key forwards supply, he’s a big loss.
Add to that, short turnarounds seem to be our kryptonite ( albeit 6 days is at least manageable) so for mine, all this adds up to a significant challenge for an undermanned team.
Fly promotes system over personnel and clearly our system is as good any other team going around. If the system gets us over the line this week, it will be a memorable victory with so many best 22 players out.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:04 am

Outs:
* Harrison, * Howe, * Bytel

Ins:
* Schultz, * Dean, * Johnson (last chance cafe)

B: Quaynor Frampton Dean
HB: Maynard Moore Noble
C: Jaicos Crisp Steele
HF: Schultz Johnson Lipinski
F: Richards McInnes Hill
F: Cameron Pendles Naicos
ICH: Macrae, WHE, Sullivan, Cox
Sub: Markov

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:22 am

This looms as our toughest match since Essendon. Will wait to see what the training track throws up this week and respect the opposition match-ups required. Going into a match without considering matchups is like driving to a destination without a map.

They'll be no doubt reminded of the narrow loss when we came back from a 13-point three quarter-time deficit to win by two points at the MCG — our eighth straight win over Adelaide.
The last time the beat us was R17 2016 at Adelaide Oval.
I reckon they'll peg this as one of their biggest tests of their season and perhaps a match they'll audit their side with. I'm genuinely concerned by this one.

As Charlie pointed out, we'll need selections capable of running out the game. The beauty about picking some mature age players from the MSD, they're less likely to suffer less from attrition.
Quote:
[quote="Charlie Oneeye"]In the second half all the newbies dropped their output, with limited rotations, they were rooted, but held on.

I'm concerned by their mid-field output and along with O'Brien who will be a challenging match for the in form Cameron.

Key players to stop ~
Izak Rankine FWD - he is a gun. He's been going into the middle (35% midfield time) and looms as big as a threat for us as Nick Daicos will be for them. His clearance work has been off the charts. Cull his influence we'll make our task a hell of a lot easier.
Elliott Himmelberg FWD
Taylor Walker FWD
Reilly O'Brien RUCK
Jordan Dawson MID
Rory Laird MID
Matt Crouch MID
Jake Soligo MID
Mitchell Hinge DEF

AFL Match Previews
Collingwood v Adelaide
https://www.wheeloratings.com/afl_match_previews.html
Collingwood by 22.3 pts @ 75.9% probability.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Mon May 13, 2024 4:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 12:59 pm

Too much to transpire this week to declare who's in for who is out. I trust in the medical and coaching staff. They've done a pretty good job. I will add one thing with injuries, players get games that you would never have thought they would get in. Richards was close but without the injuries, he wasn't coming in. Finn and the Great Barrier get to stay in.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 1:06 pm

inxs88 wrote:
^

Steele is now at HB
Not a bad side (and likely) to stone the Crows

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 4:05 pm

Like the line up Inxs88. Kind of still very experinced.
Like Sidy to work off the backline and push Noble up the ground.
Time for the return of Oleg. I really like Oleg and offers a real versitle angle on things and can play anywhere was a forward at times at richmond.
Still pretty settled as well.
Like WHE as chf.
Not the time for Ash just yet same goes for kruger.
Weathers saturday is a shower or two and wintery like so be a gresey deck and more of a harder slog good for ground balls.
Red sherrin day MCG and could even have lights on at the MCG.
A grey old day.
If all goes well at training then Pies to get up and win by 19 points.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 4:32 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
I’m generally confident much more often than not whenever Collingwood run out but this match has got alarm bells ringing loud and clear.
In recent times the Crows have matched up very well against us, ....

Yes, everything you said here.

The two encounters against them in 2023 were both absolutely epic, as was the later game in 2022.

More often than not, the crows run sides all match to the siren.
They have been extraordinarily unlucky not to win many of those games that they lost by less than a goal, over the last 12 months, costing them a spot in the finals in 2023.

This side indeed matches up well against us; end of argument.
Hoping the last few rounds of close finishes have sapped their energy levels, but not counting on that happening by any stretch.

Reckon it will go down to the wire again, and it will demand a total buy-in over four quarters from all players selected, to keep them at bay.

If we allow Dawson and Keays to get off the chain, problems WILL follow.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 6:10 pm

I'm looking forward to watching this game from a pub in Port Douglas. Pies by 47 points.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 7:24 pm

I'm looking forward to watching this game on my computer, very early in the morning here in Paris. Pies by 24 points.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 7:45 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm looking forward to watching this game on my computer, very early in the morning here in Paris. Pies by 24 points.

\envy icon\
How good to be watching this game in early morning Paris, in gorgeous May weather! Vous etes si chanceux!

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

Kreuger is a win all or lose all in a contest. Unfortunately, he doesn't win enough of them.

Usually after a contest, I see him out of play for a few seconds, recovering from yet another near-death experience.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 8:30 pm

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
Kreuger is a win all or lose all in a contest. Unfortunately, he doesn't win enough of them.

Usually after a contest, I see him out of play for a few seconds, recovering from yet another near-death experience.

"yet another near-death experience" is the best description I've ever read on here to describe a player.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 8:34 pm

As everyone else has said. From the possible ins;

Dean. Almost a certainty now.
Schultz. Will certainly come straight back in.
Ash. We all know his struggles earlier in the year. Has been ok in the VFL, including 20 disposals, 8 marks and 2 goals against Essendon 3 weeks back.
Kreuger. Has played just 2 VFL games since returning from injury.
Allan. Was 1st emergency, so a likely inclusion with forced changed coming up. Could depend on Mitchell getting up and Harrisons recovery.
DeMattia. Too soon, not enough VFL exposure. 3 games so far.
Ryan. Somewhat of a forgotten man. How is he going in VFL?

Carmichael and Begg are both injured.

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:00 pm

I’m not a good judge on the VFL team’s play and form but don’t watch the highlights from the last few weeks. If you do, you will see Ryan taking a shot from 45m but kicking into the man on the mark. That was his second half highlight against the bullants

Watch Charlie Dean and Sparkes goal from 50m instead

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 10:03 am

While we've won every game against Adelaide under Fly, 3 of those 4 wins were by a combined 8pts.
Even without our injuries this game projected as being a tough one and a bigger test awaits our new breed this week.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: