Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Suns.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Is it really setting us up for our future to play De Goey ahead of Macrae?

Wink

It's setting us up to win vs lose.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:01 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Ben King will not play against Fremantle this week. And will be assessed next week to see if he will be available to play against Collingwood.

Thanks Presti. I think i will now change my tip to Fremantle.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:57 am

Just watched the last quarter again of our game against NM. Anthony Hudson: "These amazing Magpies are never, ever dead".
Our team just has the ability to exert elite pressure...whoever the personnel. It It is just astonishing, what our coaches (both at AFL and VFL level) have achieved in terms of knitting together a group who just understand the level of effort and energy they need to produce each and every game.
But not just the physical effort...also the mindset. Our team believes that they are always a chance.
Our team, and our coaches, are extraordinary.
I have no doubt, we will come from the bye with several stars returning, but above all else, with the team synergy and clear gameplan required.
Just cannot express how much I admire this team and the coaches. It is one unit of cohesive power.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 2:12 am

Amen to that mttm. Cool
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:46 am

Max interesting that our first half pressure was the second lowest we have achieved all season
In the second half of hit and hovered around elite the entire time
Pressure is a funny thing
Applied or perceived it makes a difference
Only problem with it is it’s taxing on the body
We are fit without doubt but you can’t run at elite pressure for 120 minutes like we do it’s just not possible
But when we ramp it up no side has been able to handle it for any sort of extended period of time
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:08 am

^ Interesting this QLD.
This year, for the most part, we either start well and teams get back in it, or we start poorly and come back. It is our pressure game that teams can't handle.
Imagine if we could do it over 4 quarters?
DT 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:32 am

That is why shorter back to back breaks can kill us whereas longer breaks are better so we can ramp up the pressure for longer periods.

We do need these experienced players back soon. I wonder how serious Pendles' injury really is - seems he may be out for a few weeks yet.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:40 am

^^^
The only way a team can potentially compete against high levels of pressure is to maximise their own efficiency as a counter measure. Efficiency comes in a number of forms, eg, scoreboard efficiency, high kick to handball ratio ( less handling and less contests ) minimal backwards disposals etc. Premierships are now won by efficient teams, where it’s not necessarily how much of the ball you own but more about how efficient you are with it, given that any good opposition will bring the heat.
Collingwood is built around both efficiency and high pressure and it’s that game plan that allows us to be competitive every week. Sadly, Carlton are building a similar model. They are becoming more efficient to add to their pressure levels. The return game against the Blues later in the season is going to tell us a lot about both teams.
1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:59 am

Watched a YouTube video by Afl Insight this morning and he explains the key to most if not all premierships in the past 25 years is the differential between offence and defence! With the exception of the Bulldogs and Richmond which he explains why.

Fascinating viewing I will put a link below

https://youtu.be/xUbfgUKmtgo?si=psx9eKcs9NOUdT3x

BARRACK HARD!
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:26 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Just watched the last quarter again of our game against NM. Anthony Hudson: "These amazing Magpies are never, ever dead".
Just cannot express how much I admire this team and the coaches. It is one unit of cohesive power.

However Kate, the reigning premier should have never let themselves get to that position against the Pauperoos.
Hoping that is our final hubris half of football for the season....

I expect another close game against Miller, Rowell, Anderson etc

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:00 pm

What I would like to see. Having looked at how the two front-runners are playing, it's evident they are strong all over the ground and with a dangerous forward lines they eventually break down all defences. Both can bomb the ball and get results with their entries. Both have relatively young midfield with a very physical mindset. If we are going to be competitive in September, we need to mix a few things up and be able to pressure their backlines. With JDG suffering from hamstring groin probs, we really need him on the park, and we need him in the forward line, ala Dusty! With Krueger showing signs of what he can do injury free, Checkers coming back and Richards may be available. Our forward line could become more dangerous, and we won't need our typical devastating entries to be dangerous. I have come to appreciate our young blood in Sullivan and Harrison, whom have been part of a midfield who can hold their own. I'm sure the coaches will have some interesting changes coming up.
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:23 pm

Definitely some exciting times coming. The Freo vs GC game today is important with both playing for a spot in the 8 and the GC VFL topping up again. This will tip the psychological edge our way slightly if Freo get up but with their roller coaster and the first real target in a while GC could be hungry for a competitive away performance. Either way looking for a great Pies performance out of the blocks like last year.

FYI had a family bday dinner at Rococo in Glenferrie last night. Only realised as we’re going out the door that Josh Daicos and his missus were dining with another young couple at the table next us. If you like modern Italian food Rococo is always a good choice.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:55 pm

Gold Coast are 7-0 at home (5 games in GC and 2 in Darwin).

Going early without the latest injury update from the club, but I'll have a guess of the ins and outs.

IN: Mihocek, Pendlebury, De Goey
OUT: Macrae, Jiath, McInnes

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:18 am

WE cannot play a dreadful first half against the G C, as we did v Norf, there will beNO coming back then, up at ol Chris Skase Oval, Carraawa, the Suns are very deadly at home, sharks at home but flatheads away. WE must win this to hold our spot in the 8, and I reckon we can, and will .

Woods by 16 points. Bobby Hills Hoist to star again.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:45 am

BREAKING NEWS! The tiny GC ground is sold out!!!!
(I would declare a public holiday)
https://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/1584665/all-seats-sold-out-for-suns-v-collingwood

In other news, Ben King is likely out and...

"The Suns lost the clearance battle 44-32, and the final margin would have been far bigger if not for Fremantle's inaccuracy...The clearances were 5 to 17. We got belted around the midfield, the midfield gets on top of ours and as a result the game sort of slips away."
https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/8672344/suns-still-unsure-about-king-as-magpies-await/

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: