Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Would you quit the Pies if MM gets another contract ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

rocketronnie wrote:

When you advocate walk outs and undermine achievement you forfeit your right to all credibility. As I've said before to you, most of the old fans wouldn't have pissed on you from a great height with your conditional attitudes to support of this club. Tannin's attitude is extreme but at the end of the day he has a point. Questioning aspects of the club's policy is always fine but you've gone way past that long ago and have engaged in a campaign since you appeared on this board to undermine the club and its administration on almost every occasion. The only time you are positive is to curry support for your agendas. You don't represent the "little man" only yourself. And if you didn't support this club or chose to walk away from this club, no-one would miss you, you'd be forgotten in a week.

Oh, Ronnie! Most old Collingwood types who remember the club at Lulie Street, know in their heart of hearts the Lexus Centre Cult is no longer the Collingwood of our previous illustrious and tragic history. Hiss has been banging on about that for ages. Everything is so sanitised now.

Supporters can't even have a decent barney about the future of the club without some people (paid employeees of the club or loyalists like you) trying to put the kybosh on debate. What are you so afraid of? If the Lexus Centre Cult is so secure, why the need for purges. The lessons of Stalinism might be appropriate here.

But a new dawn is coming. I'm very positive. It took 70 years for Communism to fall, it'll take much less time for the Lexus Centre Cult to depart and a free Collingwood emerge again.

I'm all smiles this morning. I really am. Very Happy
sq3 

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:23 am

I do remember the time the butcher delivered the box of hearts to Lulie st entrance after a p*ss weak performance.

These days we would counsel the players if someone on the coaching staff berated them.

Times have changed - but being the best skilled side on the day will still win you games.

spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:26 am

sq3 wrote:
Times have changed - but being the best skilled side on the day will still win you games.

And that my friend, wether we like it or not, is the modern game. We dont get with it, and continue to be stuck in a 70's timewarp for skill levels, we can forget Premierships.

Run, Carry and most importantly, hit targets!
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:29 am

^ Spot on. We've been singing the same song on skills for some time now.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:02 pm

jack_spain wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:

When you advocate walk outs and undermine achievement you forfeit your right to all credibility. As I've said before to you, most of the old fans wouldn't have pissed on you from a great height with your conditional attitudes to support of this club. Tannin's attitude is extreme but at the end of the day he has a point. Questioning aspects of the club's policy is always fine but you've gone way past that long ago and have engaged in a campaign since you appeared on this board to undermine the club and its administration on almost every occasion. The only time you are positive is to curry support for your agendas. You don't represent the "little man" only yourself. And if you didn't support this club or chose to walk away from this club, no-one would miss you, you'd be forgotten in a week.

Oh, Ronnie! Most old Collingwood types who remember the club at Lulie Street, know in their heart of hearts the Lexus Centre Cult is no longer the Collingwood of our previous illustrious and tragic history. Hiss has been banging on about that for ages. Everything is so sanitised now.

Supporters can't even have a decent barney about the future of the club without some people (paid employeees of the club or loyalists like you) trying to put the kybosh on debate. What are you so afraid of? If the Lexus Centre Cult is so secure, why the need for purges. The lessons of Stalinism might be appropriate here.

But a new dawn is coming. I'm very positive. It took 70 years for Communism to fall, it'll take much less time for the Lexus Centre Cult to depart and a free Collingwood emerge again.

Times have moved on and you can't bring then back again. Appeals to the good old days are essentially specious and misleading and I suspect you know that already when you post them.

There is no "Lexus Centre Cult" - it just another piece of emotive rubbish spin you've conjured to try to give your threadbare position some legitimacy.

I doubt anyone takes what you write seriously - your credibility is shot and has been for some time. A few catch cries and manipulative and misleading cliches may fool the gullible and easily led for five minutes but they wouldn't cut the mustard with the majority of members and supporters who are too sensible to fall for such transparent stuff.

Now... lets say it did come to pass... who takes their place? Name some names Jack O' Pain... name some names.....

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:29 pm

jack_spain wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:

"The Purges" - jack_spain re-writes history and then builds an entire argument on the fabrication in a single sentence, followed by a tirade against communism. That's like having the Ministry of Truth release a statement condemning the evils of central planning!
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:59 pm

Stalinism... pfft... If the club's situation was anything lie Stalinism it would have ensured that your last mortal memory would be of watching the murder and desecration of your family members for but a fraction of the things you've said over the time.

It's a footy club for god's sakes. A big, prominent one with a huge turnover, (Or at least.... Lot's of turnovers, often under little pressure) but still just a club. A club not being run, incidentally, by some ruthless dictator who crushes all dissent.

Jack: my view on the AFL is that it is more and more a production, with our club continually playing to the drama queens in its midst.

Suggesting that McGuire/Collingwood could learn lessons from possibly the most repressive and brutalising regimes of the 20th century is just another example of that hysteria.

Even though playing away to Werribee could be considered Siberia, I'm pretty sure that Eddie/Mick hasn't been responsible for forced labour camps, disappearances and executions on those who don't confirm. Pretty sure that they don't have the populace quaking in fear at the very mention of their name.

There is no reign of terror that squashes dissent. Fairly sure that the "loyalists" are guilty of attacking you as you often condescend to them and you know what? That's debate for you but you see their right to get uptight and fight you back is an example of some sort of repression.

Just doesn't add up mate.

Anyway apart form all that, yeah I think we should move Mick on and I don't like the idea of having him fired and coaching out the year. We do have some bloody good cattle, but I don't think Mick will get them to the prize. I think that we are stagnating and that a fresh broom through the place will work wonders. It would cost us matches this year, when we are only 2 games from 4th, but I don't like our chances of beating at least 2 of those late in september with the squad playing like it is now.

If Eddie keeps Mick on next year, then I won't be happy. If someone then formed a realistic ticket for the Presidency (and at least had the balls to run against Eddie and not piss around until he's ready to stand aside), then I'd be very interested in what they had to say. Considering I will be sticking with the club I'll have my share in influencing that decision.

By the way Jack. Your avitar seems to call for revolution. Would that be like the one that led to Stalin? Or Pinochet? What about that nice guy from Indonesia?
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:42 pm

Or how about Chez Guevara, Martin Luther King, Mahammid Ali, the whole Black Power movement .....
Tripple tee 

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:46 pm

Could we have a Black'n'White power movement?
Mr Smith Goes To C'Wood 

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:59 pm

Yes, we need to go after Malcolm X Blight. Wink
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:03 pm

^i like it!!
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:10 pm

fence-banger wrote:
Or how about Chez Guevara, Martin Luther King, Mahammid Ali, the whole Black Power movement .....

Dunno, but I think I ate there once.

[/b]
GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:16 pm

take away the playstations and pool tables and have 6am training sessions after bad losses

the players these days have it too easy,they are pampered
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:26 pm

Geek wrote:
fence-banger wrote:

Dunno, but I think I ate there once.

[/b]

Was it to your taste

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:57 pm

The food was revolting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14   

Jump to: