Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Essendon players issued with show cause notices

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brenny 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

A player can take the 6 month ban starting now, miss the last 10 games of the year and take the remainer in the off season. I'm not sure if that means a ban from preseason training; I'd assume so.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:02 pm

Brenny wrote:
A player can take the 6 month ban starting now, miss the last 10 games of the year and take the remainer in the off season. I'm not sure if that means a ban from preseason training; I'd assume so.

Yep that's the deal with Saad at St Kilda. Gotta stay away from the club.

Alas there is yet another twist today, which now explains why the players have been confident all the way along. Every time this whole situation seems clear there is another twist in the tale.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:33 pm

Andrew Bogurt talks about this.

From 7.50 on

http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio//3596

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:25 am

At least Carlton's new President is prepared to have a go, but wheres eddie?

Quote:
Carlton has joined the growing chorus of disenchanted clubs concerned at the detrimental effect Essendon's drug saga is having on the competition.

Incoming president Mark LoGiudice said he had until now left to Stephen Kernahan any talks between the clubs keen to bring forward a meeting of the presidents who wanted to confront the situation. But Kernahan's successor did not rule out approaching the AFL with his concerns.

''My view is that if it drags on to the point that it affects the brand of the AFL then we are all damaged,'' LoGiudice said. ''Has it gone on too long? Anything that affects the AFL brand is the time when we have an issue. I don't know what their legal strategy is and I don't know what their legal advice is but it becomes an issue when it affects the other clubs.''

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/carlton-voices-concerns-over-essendon-saga-20140619-zsfhk.html#ixzz357femP00
ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:17 pm

Eddie and the other Presidents decided to let Peter Gordon do the talking for all of them. Since his firm is probably knee deep in billable law suits he has chosen to be quiet.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:50 pm

I spent a luncheon today with some friends one of who's father is a retired QC and a very keen AFL man (unfortunately his a Brions) during the lunch I quizzed him on the whole saga and why the court case today is so important.
Below is his reasoning behind it all (noting he has taken a very keen interest on the subject)

He said Essendon had no choice but to challenge the joint investigation as they had previously said they would
There case is based on there belief that ASADA have no legislative powers to conduct joint investigation
They want all evidence thrown out on this basis.
He said the 3 separate QC's who gave advice to ASADA have all concluded the same thing that the investigation did fall under the scope of ASADA cooperative powers.
He said the new boss at ASADA has state publicly they are extremely confident that the court decision will go in there favour.
He agreed saying the high court was highly unlikely to find against them on the basis that ASADA have the power to investigate independently or with the assistance of a sporting code who are signatories to the WADA code which the AFL is.
He said the majority of the information gained during the cooperative investigation would have been discovered eventually after August 1st 2013 given they then had she powers to compel sportsman and officials to be interviewed.
He said he is of the belief that ASADA have turned one or more player who has given them the final pieces they needed to issue show cause notices.
He stated he thought he high court ouldnt grant Essendons wishes to have the matter held over until after the season.
He said there is no chance now of ASADA allowing the suspensions being served outside of the season as ASADA would most likely withdraw the offer of 6 month suspensions that had previously been mooted.
He said he believed that ASADA would now force the AFL to revisit Hird and others punishments as well.

I enjoyed his opinions as he was very passionate about how he saw the case proceeding.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:35 pm

Hird sentenced to life as Suarez personal trainer and dentist.

Thompson sentenced to coaching Carlton.

Reid sentenced to, well, who cares what the old tosser does.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:26 pm

Quote:
Essendon's 34 past and present players facing doping accusations will not join a court battle against ASADA's investigation into the club's 2012 supplement program.

The players fear being publicly named if they formally join Essendon and suspended coach James Hird in their bid to discredit the ASADA and AFL probe, the players' barrister David Grace QC told the Federal Court on Friday.

Thompson said he was pleased the players would retain their confidentiality.

"That's their right so they deserve it," he said.

I find it somewhat funny that the players are worried about being publicly named when with 34 of them being charged it is clear that close to the entire senior playing list of that time was being injected.

Hardly a long shot naming players under those circumstances.

And 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:58 pm

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-04/thompson-refutes-claims-essendon-players-face-cancer-risk/5572894

Really Dr Mark Thompson. Is that what Dr Dank told Dr Hird?

Quote:
"There's no risk. One actually helps in part of the treatment for cancer.

"So we haven't got a problem there at all as far as our communication and our players' awareness of what's healthy and what's not."

Praise the lord. Essendon have discovered the cancer treatment peptide.

That's like saying smoke these cigarettes. The tobacco has been soaked in cancer treatment drugs...... F**k me. Is this club for real.
buzzlightyear 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:04 pm

And wrote:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-04/thompson-refutes-claims-essendon-players-face-cancer-risk/5572894

Really Dr Mark Thompson. Is that what Dr Dank told Dr Hird?

Quote:
"There's no risk. One actually helps in part of the treatment for cancer.

"So we haven't got a problem there at all as far as our communication and our players' awareness of what's healthy and what's not."

Praise the lord. Essendon have discovered the cancer treatment peptide.

That's like saying smoke these cigarettes. The tobacco has been soaked in cancer treatment drugs...... F**k me. Is this club for real.

I thought they didn't know what they gave the players. Now it's curing cancer! Yep, good one Rolling Eyes

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Bomber Thompson is refusing to pay his $30,000 fine imposed by the AFL last year. Why don't you take some responsibility Bomber instead of avoiding to pay the fine.

What a joke of a club that has no class or morals whatsoever!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mark-thompson-refuses-to-pay-30000-fine-over-essendon-doping-scandal/story-fni5ezdm-1226978358116

Last edited by Jezza on Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:10 pm

Jezza wrote:
Bomber Thompson is refusing to pay his $30,000 imposed by the AFL last year. Why don't you take some responsibility Bomber instead of avoiding to pay the fine.

What a joke of a club that has no class or morals whatsoever!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mark-thompson-refuses-to-pay-30000-fine-over-essendon-doping-scandal/story-fni5ezdm-1226978358116

Should. Ever be allowed in a footy ground again, more thumbing their noses at the AFL, making our game a complete joke

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:46 am

He is not required to pay it until October. If they ban him for life anyway why waste the money. Well done on Sam Lame for ruining the press conference. Dumb bitch.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:18 am

ronrat wrote:
He is not required to pay it until October. If they ban him for life anyway why waste the money. Well done on Sam Lame for ruining the press conference. Dumb bitch.

Interesting turn of phrase, if it had been a male reporter would you have added "Dumb Bastard" to you post?
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:54 pm

1061 wrote:
ronrat wrote:

Interesting turn of phrase, if it had been a male reporter would you have added "Dumb Bastard" to you post?

I believe the masculine form of 'dumb bitch' would be 'stupid prick'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 11 of 16   

Jump to: