Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Crows - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matrix10 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Breadcrawl wrote:
Pete 70 wrote:
Sack the boot studder. He has well and truly us, and that bloke in the club cafe - well screw him too. Don't get me started on the coaches, because I know exactly what those prats are doing so I can tell you they should all go. Hell bring back the New Muppets, sorry the New Magpies because those guys were onto something when they got rid of some wannabe coach mid-season.
Can anyone here bagging this beautiful club that has been a part of my life for 36 years please tell me which other club lost 4premiership players this week.
Oh I'm making excuses. No the I am not. I am sticking with them. In 1984 we lost a preliminary final to Essendon by well over 13 goals. I stayed to the final siren. Because i Was taught that you stick by someone when things are tough. Do you think firing someone means we are better placed next year. We gave mm 10years. And he was responsible for 2011 - no one else.

We make a choice. We make a choice. We either look out for each other, or we become Bitchmond, or Carlton who tries to cheat the system at every course, or it become whoever. Be critical of the club, yes, have strong views, absolutely. But the vitriol on here when we are fielding an under 25 side is
Thank god for Lazza and Piesnchess.
Oh and by the way even though I am a club plant I still blame Buckley for every injury we have got this year.
I think of everyone of you as my brother, or my sister - we have this great passion for the club that unites us, we can talk forever about Millane, or Daicos or Shaw or Ataata - but enough of the vitriol

I like this post.

I think it's a really good post.

I don't really have anything to add, but I think it's worthwhile letting the poster know that I appreciated his effort and agree with him.

I just wanted to say that.

It might seem like I am being a little verbose, seeing as all I wanted to do is say that I liked the post, but you see I would like the post to achieve it's intended purpose and that will require the poster, Pete 70, to read my post in which I like his.

And if I just write "like", it seems that the post will magically and mysteriously disappear.

Even if another poster then agrees with my liking of the original post, and quotes my 'like' and then adds something of his own, even this is a good chance to be vaporised, evidently.

I guess the internet just isn't big enough for us to go around supporting each other by 'liking' and '+1'-ing posts.

I do hope this one is now long enough to survive

+1 Very Happy

But seriously- with any relationship- you've got to learn to take the good with the bad.

We have been infuriating to watch for the past 2 months- and watching players shank simple passes, shit themselves when they hear footsteps, handball to flatfooted players in worse positions, not chase, not contest, etc etc is far from fun.

We were never really a contender- unless all the stars aligned.

At the end of the day we beat Carlton twice this year. Anything else is a bonus.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:37 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm more convinced than ever that we're struggling to win games for just 2 reasons.

Firstly, we get smashed in the ruck most weeks.

Secondly, we have been missing Dane Swan (of old) all year. We lack genuine pace in the midfield.

Arrest these weaknesses by next season and we'll be a contender.

surely, a bit of a contradiction there. when was swan ever quick?

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:44 pm

Surely you are joking JW?

Over the 1st ten metres Swan is crazy fast. Well he was anyway. As recently as last year

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:48 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:
Surely you are joking JW?

Over the 1st ten metres Swan is crazy fast. Well he was anyway. As recently as last year

maybe i have taken leave of my senses. never really thought he was that quick. then again, i can't remember what happened yesterday let alone last year.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:51 pm

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I'm more convinced than ever that we're struggling to win games for just 2 reasons.

Secondly, we have been missing Dane Swan (of old) all year. We lack genuine pace in the midfield.

You're kidding aren't you? Swanny (when fit) is one of the fastest players taking off (over the first 5 metres or so) in the AFL.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:30 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

You're kidding aren't you? Swanny (when fit) is one of the fastest players taking off (over the first 5 metres or so) in the AFL.

across 5-10 metres maybe. i wasn't thinking of such a short distance when making my comment.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:53 pm

^ All the testing is done over the first 20, not the first 5-10.

Swan has burst pace when needed and he's bloody quick when he needs to use it.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:30 pm

There's a video on youtube of a 180HP CBR1000RR 4 cylinder super sportsbike dragging a homemade 70HP V twin chopper over about 100m.

The chopper smokes the racing bike due to low-end torque and a long wheelbase (it has a totally stupid rake angle with the front wheel way over there, which would make it horrible to go around a corner on but puts the centre of gravity a long way from the back wheel, allowing the chopper rider to pump way more power into the rear tyre without losing traction or popping the front wheel up).

Swanny is like the chopper, huge amounts of power in the legs and a low centre of gravity. Top speed is unimpressive but by jove he can get to it quickly

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:49 pm
Post subject: Re: Post match. Pies down to Crows - All comments.Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
piedys wrote:
Donny wrote:
Let's hear ya !!

Yeah come on Sunshine and Lollypop tossers - let's hear about how good we are!

Dyso

Our job is to say it realistically as it is, NOT to change minds like yours set in hard concrete... Rolling Eyes

This is a developing team under Bucks. Ups and downs, good and bad play and totally bloody inconsistent like ALL developing teams.
Will peak in 2016. It is what it is.

But feel free to make up your own minds....... Cool

Onya brother Lazza - somebody had to fly the flag for the S&LPB Surprised

But yes, what you stated is correct in relation to the development process and the multiple season time frame it demands.
Really what shits us SSBs up, is the serial ball slaughterers [senior footballers, not kids], who had an ENTIRE pre-season to work on their disposal deficiences, yet continue to go backwards at a rate of knots because they refuse to improve any skill except contract-negotiation 101.

I hope you're right about 2016, because my patience will have long expired by then. And i doubt i'll be the only burn-out. Sad

And it's not my mind that's set in concrete. It's my head.

Lazza wrote:
This was always going to be a developmental team under Buck's, nothing more nothing less. This team will peak from 2016 onwards.
For those who want instant success, maybe it is worth considering switching your support to the Hawks or the Swans because I reckon this year's flag is between them for sure.

Yes, we saw the Grand Final preview last saturday night.
That should have been obvious, even to Buckley.
So on current form, it really doesn't hurt that much, knowing that teams finishing H&A season at positions 5/6/7/8 are effectively road-kill anyway, and literally "making up the numbers" for the finals. Confused

Dyso

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:56 pm

Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:
Jezza wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
No surprising the umpiring was poor with Stevic involved.

What was the final tally?

I swear we are the only side capable of hosting an interstate side and still losing the free kick count.

Collingwood 18-20 Adelaide. Hard to believe Rolling Eyes

The tally says nothing, need to have a look at just where those free kicks were given on the field. If you only get 10 for the game, but they are all in front of goal, rather than 25 that are all in your back pocket, your winning.

I'm over this shit, I vote Cloke be allowed to punch the umpire in the face to show him what he puts up with every time the ball gets near him

I know what you're saying TP. I think there was only one goal from a free kick I can remember that we received and that was Kyle Martin in the second quarter. Adelaide got a fair few free kicks in front of goal, with the most notable one being early in the second quarter against Clinton Young which resulted in a 50m penalty.

Unfortunately I don't have specific stats of where these free kicks took place around the ground.

I thought we received a number of free kicks in front of goal, especially in the 2nd qtr, probably had 4-5 at least, probably only got the one goal but that's not due to a lack of free kicks.

I remember looking at the stats and they were 10-10 at one stage and thought, they must have given a lot to Adelaide in the 1st qtr because we were getting a good run

They were simply horrid both ways yesterday. Probably the worst I remember was a ruck free kick against us in the last where the Adelaide ruckman went early, ended up face to face with the Pies ruckman who pushed him out of the way as he was blocking him only for that being what the free was paid for!
uncanny 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:07 pm

maxy and swanny are huge losses to the fabric of the team
we were blitzed at the death but at least we fought on to get ahead and provide a chance of a win after looking easily blown away earlier
bring it out with the same team, minus young, (ffs white hold onto a lace out pass in front of your eyes please otherwise f^&* off) next week and we are a chance to get the result we need
don't give up now or look at the ladder or scoreboard please

The Life of Pie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:15 pm

Let's keep a few things in perspective.
The oldest player we had out there was Clinton Young at 28. The next H at 27. Half the side with less than 50 games. Younger than the Dogs team this week. The only club to not have played any of last years top 10 draft picks.
Of course we were out muscled by an older harder team. We will be okay.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:31 pm

Broomhead got a big Wrap on 360
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:26 am

Breadcrawl wrote:
Pete 70 wrote:
Sack the boot studder. He has well and truly us, and that bloke in the club cafe - well screw him too. Don't get me started on the coaches, because I know exactly what those prats are doing so I can tell you they should all go. Hell bring back the New Muppets, sorry the New Magpies because those guys were onto something when they got rid of some wannabe coach mid-season.
Can anyone here bagging this beautiful club that has been a part of my life for 36 years please tell me which other club lost 4premiership players this week.
Oh I'm making excuses. No the I am not. I am sticking with them. In 1984 we lost a preliminary final to Essendon by well over 13 goals. I stayed to the final siren. Because i Was taught that you stick by someone when things are tough. Do you think firing someone means we are better placed next year. We gave mm 10years. And he was responsible for 2011 - no one else.

We make a choice. We make a choice. We either look out for each other, or we become Bitchmond, or Carlton who tries to cheat the system at every course, or it become whoever. Be critical of the club, yes, have strong views, absolutely. But the vitriol on here when we are fielding an under 25 side is
Thank god for Lazza and Piesnchess.
Oh and by the way even though I am a club plant I still blame Buckley for every injury we have got this year.
I think of everyone of you as my brother, or my sister - we have this great passion for the club that unites us, we can talk forever about Millane, or Daicos or Shaw or Ataata - but enough of the vitriol

I like this post.

I think it's a really good post.

I don't really have anything to add, but I think it's worthwhile letting the poster know that I appreciated his effort and agree with him.

I just wanted to say that.

It might seem like I am being a little verbose, seeing as all I wanted to do is say that I liked the post, but you see I would like the post to achieve it's intended purpose and that will require the poster, Pete 70, to read my post in which I like his.

And if I just write "like", it seems that the post will magically and mysteriously disappear.

Even if another poster then agrees with my liking of the original post, and quotes my 'like' and then adds something of his own, even this is a good chance to be vaporised, evidently.

I guess the internet just isn't big enough for us to go around supporting each other by 'liking' and '+1'-ing posts.

I do hope this one is now long enough to survive

Love it...... Laughing Twisted Evil Razz
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:54 am
Post subject: Re: Post match. Pies down to Crows - All comments.Reply with quote

piedys wrote:
Lazza wrote:
piedys wrote:
Donny wrote:
Let's hear ya !!

Yeah come on Sunshine and Lollypop tossers - let's hear about how good we are!

Dyso

Our job is to say it realistically as it is, NOT to change minds like yours set in hard concrete... Rolling Eyes

This is a developing team under Bucks. Ups and downs, good and bad play and totally bloody inconsistent like ALL developing teams.
Will peak in 2016. It is what it is.

But feel free to make up your own minds....... Cool

Onya brother Lazza - somebody had to fly the flag for the S&LPB Surprised

But yes, what you stated is correct in relation to the development process and the multiple season time frame it demands.
Really what shits us SSBs up, is the serial ball slaughterers [senior footballers, not kids], who had an ENTIRE pre-season to work on their disposal deficiences, yet continue to go backwards at a rate of knots because they refuse to improve any skill except contract-negotiation 101.

I hope you're right about 2016, because my patience will have long expired by then. And i doubt i'll be the only burn-out. Sad

And it's not my mind that's set in concrete. It's my head.

Lazza wrote:
This was always going to be a developmental team under Buck's, nothing more nothing less. This team will peak from 2016 onwards.
For those who want instant success, maybe it is worth considering switching your support to the Hawks or the Swans because I reckon this year's flag is between them for sure.

Yes, we saw the Grand Final preview last saturday night.
That should have been obvious, even to Buckley.
So on current form, it really doesn't hurt that much, knowing that teams finishing H&A season at positions 5/6/7/8 are effectively road-kill anyway, and literally "making up the numbers" for the finals. Confused

Dyso

Excellent post dude!! Laughing

Agree with the lot. Their lack of proper execution of football skills under opposition pressure has been almost a season long concern, maybe with the exception of 2 games early on. If I were Bucks, this would be at the top of the "to do" list over summer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13   

Jump to: