Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Not happy Pies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Defender wrote:

Buckley brought in spuds like Lynch-Young-Russel-Armstrong, he went to the draft because the cap was full, now he's got a hard on for b graders again, he is completely destroying our list, he is blowing any chance we had of Danger or Sloan next year because he's more interested in his own self preservation, he knows full well it's make or break time now, and the fact is our list just isn't up to it.

Spot on defender

Also add in that the jury is well and truly out on:
White and Karnezis.

The plan is working so well we are wasting time and/or dollars taking discards Greenwood and Varcoe and Crisps.

Bucks is all in with 8-5 unsuited.
Fold that 2015 hand Bucks and get a fresh set.

Last edited by CarringbushCigar on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:11 am

Defender wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
That's quite plainly incorrect. We have 4 out of the 20 top-10 picks from last year and this. And the year before that we drafted in picks 18-20 and then Ramsay in the next round. That was done on the back of a deliberate strategy of trading out/letting go players who were thought to be surplus to requirements. This year, 2 good quality players who would definitely have been in the plans for 2015 and 2016 are to be replaced by players who have similar potential to be senior players and one speculative take (Crisp) who may or may not turn out to be a desirable get. So, we lose 2 high-quality players for 2 experienced players, an unknown and another high draft pick and dispose of a late pick that we don't want to use.

Buckley brought in spuds like Lynch-Young-Russel-Armstrong, he went to the draft because the cap was full, now he's got a hard on for b graders again, he is completely destroying our list, he is blowing any chance we had of Danger or Sloan next year because he's more interested in his own self preservation, he knows full well it's make or break time now, and the fact is our list just isn't up to it.

By my count, the list will contain 12 draft picks taken inside the top 20, plus Witts, Swan, Cloke, Langdon, Toovey, Seedsman, Ramsay, Fasolo, Macaffer, Goldsack, Elliott, Josh Thomas, Williams, Karnezis and Frost. Compare that with the dog's breakfast of a list we had at the end of 2010 (a bare premiership team and then - no hyperbole intended - virtually nothing, after the retirements and delistings) and get back to me.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:13 am

This nonsense has got to stop. Greenwood is not a "discard". He came second in North's best and fairest this year.
jdpie1970 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:16 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Defender wrote:

Spot on defender

White and Karnezis.

The plan is working so well we are wasting time and/or dollars taking discards Greenwood and Varcoe and Crisps.

Since when in anyones right mind is a player that just finished second in a club B & F that finished 4th considered a discard ? In 2012 that suggests a player by the name Scott Pendlebury was a "discard".
jdpie1970 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:18 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Defender wrote:

Spot on defender

White and Karnezis.

Do the 2 of you have any idea ??
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:18 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
This nonsense has got to stop. Greenwood is not a "discard". He came second in North's best and fairest this year.

Greenwood aside, we are over paying everyone of our B grade mature age players we've recruited under Buckley, I think that much is obvious, and that is why our list and salary cap is in such terrible shape, reports were if Beams stayed we couldn't even afford Varcoe FFS, you can forget about Dangerfeild-Sloan next year if this deal goes through.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
themonk 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:20 am

Defender wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Greenwood aside, we are over paying everyone of our B grade mature age players we've recruited under Buckley, I think that much is obvious, and that is why our list and salary cap is in such terrible shape, reports were if Beams stayed we couldn't even afford Varcoe FFS, you can forget about Dangerfeild-Sloan next year if this deal goes through.

Apparently a few big player contracts are front ended and we may have ample room in 2016.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:21 am

Defender wrote:
Museman wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
themonk wrote:
jackcass wrote:
themonk wrote:
neil wrote:
Seriously some of you need to learn the art of negotiating
We started high the Brions low and ended up in the middle.

How much harder we could have been if Beams had said Qld not Brisbane can be argued but the reality is he didnt.

Pick 5 & a decent player is not starting high.

2 1st round picks or Pick 5, 25 & a decent player is where we should have started. Sounds overs but if we kept that stance till Friday we may have had a different outcome.

You're arguing that we would be better off with a Redden OR an Aish than with both Greenwood AND Crisp. How about we see how these 2 players contribute in 2015 and beyond before we get too down on the club over this trade.

Um yeah!

Greenwood & H should always have been a straight swap.

Varcoe (for those that do want him) should have been our 2nd round pick at most.

These guys could turn out to be champions & Beams may lose his way or suffer 2 knee injuries, that's not the point, a trade for a gun player should result in a win win situation.

We did not win.

I'm sure that in a few weeks I'll get over this (ala Nick Davis) but for now I'm disappointed in our club.

If we are forced to only trade with one club then we were never going to be able to get full worth for Beams in a trade.

Blame Beams.

Most do blame him, but, we were forced to trade with no one.

No one.

He is/was contracted, FFS, GWS are showing more fortitude than the Collingwood Football Club.

I don't care if he stood next year out, I don't give a fluck if he walked for nothing next year....

This sorta sh!t is only going to get worse, and we just made a rod for our own back....

The Collingwood football clubs obligation is to it's supporter base first and foremost, Beams has shown us no loyalty and no gratitude.. and he has gained the most out of this whole situation because we facilitated it!

Agreed, I can't believe what they've done especially after releasing that statement which pretty much 100% of our fans agreed with!then they go and shit in our faces.

My bold:

Speak for yourself!!!

No one, is shitting anywhere near my face!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!

Last edited by ANNODAM on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:21 am

jdpie1970 wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Defender wrote:

Spot on defender

White and Karnezis.

Do you? With Beams leaving we had a choice, we could recruit b gradeish mature age players this year 'or' throw the book at a superstar next year, one of these ways may lead to a flag, the other has us closer to a prise no one wants until draft day.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
jdpie1970 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:24 am

themonk wrote:
Defender wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Apparently a few big player contracts are front ended and we may have ample room in 2016.

If anyone has been listening to Derek Hine for the last 24 months the club has had a focus on free agency at the end of 2015. This has been a clearly articulated plan. This is a simple solution for a problem that a few people think is a catastrophe. Who was a free agent this year or last year (RFA or FA) that we should have chased hard ?
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:26 am

Quote:

It is on the record that North only went to 325k pa over 2 years.
We are offering 450k over 4 years.

Discard may be too strong a term.

But these are players that their current clubs are not really trying to keep and we are offering significantly more to recruit them.

Whilst you are picking me up on semantics, at the same time Bucks is continuing to offload our premiership heroes in the name of changing the culture.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:29 am

Quote:

If anyone has been listening to Derek Hine for the last 24 months the club has had a focus on free agency at the end of 2015. This has been a clearly articulated plan. This is a simple solution for a problem that a few people think is a catastrophe. Who was a free agent this year or last year (RFA or FA) that we should have chased hard ?

Thats wonderful really - i think we are all in strong agreement.

So why the hell are we pi$$ing up 1Mill per year for 3-4 years on Greenwood Varcoe and Crisps ?
Were any of them on the radar before Beams Nagasakied us ?

Last edited by CarringbushCigar on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:31 am; edited 2 times in total
jdpie1970 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:30 am

Defender wrote:
jdpie1970 wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Defender wrote:

Spot on defender

White and Karnezis.

Do you? With Beams leaving we had a choice, we could recruit b gradeish mature age players this year 'or' throw the book at a superstar next year, one of these ways may lead to a flag, the other has us closer to a prise no one wants until draft day.

The salary cap issue is with 2015 not 2016. A couple of 350 -400k contracts annually for 3 -4 years are not going to diminish our ability to transact deals for 2016. The cap goes up incrementally each year, it is not static. The next CBA is up for negotiation in 12 months. There are significant changes expected in the TPP in that negotiation. Yeah i do have an idea and it lasts a little while longer than the instant gratification required in your noggin.
jdpie1970 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:32 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Quote:

It is on the record that North only went to 325k pa over 2 years.
We are offering 450k over 4 years.

Discard may be too strong a term.

But these are players that their current clubs are not really trying to keep and we are offering significantly more to recruit them.

Whilst you are picking me up on semantics, at the same time Bucks is continuing to offload our premiership heroes in the name of changing the culture.

And you wanted us to offer what to Daisy ? You need to keep a consistency in your arguments.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:32 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Defender wrote:

Spot on defender

White and Karnezis.

I'll remind you that MM recruited a host of washed up Eagle duds like Rintoul, Morrison, Cummings and another whose name I've forgotten.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 11 of 18   

Jump to: