Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down Lions - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad win despite a sloppy performance at times. The last quarter fade out was a concern.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:49 pm

Gerry Cooper wrote:
Not a bad win despite a sloppy performance at times. The last quarter fade out was a concern.

It was a great backs to the wall performance. We were up against it all week with the drugs scandal, and to take on a fired up bears outfit at their home ground in 27 c and humid as all hell, I reckon we did quite well. First game is never clean and polished but I think we can all say that we saw some improvement and positive signs for the future. Players got sloppy cos they were so tired by the end and could barely run. The good thing was that we never gave up!
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:04 am

droversdog65 wrote:
Dave it's all about the AFL's obsession with evening up the competition - it's not only us that it happens to. Ever since the AFL came into being there has been a shift towards bullshit frees late in the game awarded to sides trailing badly.

But agreed it happens to us more which is simply a matter of jealousy mate - we are Collingwood and they never can be Wink

Spot on DD. This is NOT a mere coincidence in my view; the umpires have been directed by the AFL to even up the scores. Of course they will deny this till they are blue in the face but you have to accept what you see happen on a regular basis. The other way they do this is by having a huge discrepancy regarding the type of free kicks given. Green gets two soft as butter ones while Cloke gets monstered for a play on call. It IS what it is; a real umpiring affected game these days. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Lazza on Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:06 am

GREEN is a very tranquil colour, green.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:17 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
Jordan though, always hated Collingwood as a boy. I know umpires don't cheat, but sometimes they seem to favour certain players and teams. Last night Jordan's last quarter was a stinker.

Sorry but favouring certain players and teams IS a form of cheating. I honestly don’t ever think it is a conscious effort at cheating. I have always stated that this is as a result of human frailty, the subconscious decisions they make in haste favour certain teams and certainly, some specific players.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:37 pm

Very happy with the result. Great to see Travis playing up ground and using his dash. I also loved seeing Jessie White put Merrett on his arse in on passage of play. Just saw highlights , a big thanks to BBHS for the text updates! eat a tortured kiwi grape Leppistch you toe rag!

www.facebook/the hybernators
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:25 pm

Lazza wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:
Dave it's all about the AFL's obsession with evening up the competition - it's not only us that it happens to. Ever since the AFL came into being there has been a shift towards bullshit frees late in the game awarded to sides trailing badly.

But agreed it happens to us more which is simply a matter of jealousy mate - we are Collingwood and they never can be Wink

Spot on DD. This is NOT a mere coincidence in my view; the umpires have been directed by the AFL to even up the scores. Of course they will deny this till they are blue in the face but you have to accept what you see happen on a regular basis. The other way they do this is by having a huge discrepancy regarding the type of free kicks given. Green gets two soft as butter ones while Cloke gets monstered for a play on call. It IS what it is; a real umpiring affected game these days. Rolling Eyes

It didn't stop Steviic giving hawthorn an easier last 1/4 than usual.
The umpire fraternity needs some cleanskins recruited.
Thomas and Keeffe perhaps.👍

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11   

Jump to: