Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sack Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

GreekLunatic wrote:
Eddie did sack shaw to bring in Malthouse

Didn't Shaw's contract end and it wasn't renewed? 15 years ago now.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:38 pm

GreekLunatic wrote:
Eddie did sack shaw to bring in Malthouse

True, but he didn't appoint Shaw to begin with so accepted no responsibility for Shaw's failure. However, to sack Buckley is a more difficult decision and would reflect poorly on his initial judgement and decision to axe MM who did nothing wrong other that lose a GF. Which in hindsight i would now love to experience than this horseshit over the past 9 weeks but generally over the past 3 years.

MONCO: Your life.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:44 pm

Bucks has one more season to ply his wares, but thats it, we really must make the finals next season, no iffs or butts. One more season, thats it, im not sure if he can be entirely blamed for today, our players miss far too many easy shots at goal, when the game is there to be won. Yep, one more seaason Bucks, and we need to recruit hard and practice endlessly goal kicking skills, thats our real problem right now, front and centre.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:45 pm

I have been in the Bucks camp. I'm not changing after today. But that was our worst loss since he has been our coach. It was simply ugly, dysfunctional and unacceptable. Someone should of by now fixed the problem that is causing us to not be prepared to move the ball quickly like all other 17 teams. We cannot month after month keep playing this game style. It hasn't worked since June. It is the coach's responsibility to fix this much quicker. We had the bulk of all our talent out there today. I am very angry we have wasted a whole half of a season without injury as an excuse. Our Club has two weeks to do something about this horrible effort.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:45 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
If Buckley survives a 100pt loss to Richmond then.......?? How bad does it need to get?

I seem to recall Geelong nutting us by 96 points in the last round of 2011, I don't recall, did you call for his sacking too?

By the way, during Mick's decade long reign there was precisely one 'glory year', 2010. Even then we were saved by a lucky bounce.
Monco Matt Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:48 pm

Redlight wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
If Buckley survives a 100pt loss to Richmond then.......?? How bad does it need to get?

I seem to recall Geelong nutting us by 96 points in the last round of 2011, I don't recall, did you call for his sacking too?

By the way, during Mick's decade long reign there was precisely one 'glory year', 2010. Even then we were saved by a lucky bounce.

You are way off base there mate, 2011 we went 20-2....jeezus!

makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:53 pm

Redlight wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

Got smashed by 87 by the Hawks a couple of weeks out from the '90 finals. Most good teams will have a couple of bad results in a season. Those results are no comparison to what is going on at the moment.

melliot 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:54 pm

We did get flogged by Cats in the last round of 2011.
Monco Matt Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:57 pm

makri wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

Got smashed by 87 by the Hawks a couple of weeks out from the '90 finals. Most good teams will have a couple of bad results in a season. Those results are no comparison to what is going on at the moment.

Exactly! This problem is different and much scarier. A lot will say it is just a youth issue, no drama, a few more years etc etc....I'm not so sure.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:59 pm

I blame Malthouse. Wink
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:00 pm

I well recall, in `1990 towards the end of the season, we got absolutely flogged by the Hawks by around 96 points out at waverley, it was as bad as today. Things can turn around quickly in footy, look at the doggies this season, not worth two bob last year. I just think we are a promising young team that hit the wall today, a long season, against a finals hungry team after a home final. These things happen to young teams, look at the saints, today was so far, our only real belting of the whole year too date. I just wish to god we would not miss so many soda goals, its killling us, and destroys a young teams confidence. We have some learning to do over the off season, and we must do endless goal kicking practice, for one. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:01 pm

There are not many advantages to being 9 hours time zone away, but today was one of them. that must have been brutal to watch.

In truth, it's been a long season and this was a dead rubber. Yesterday at the Oval England upheld the tradition that a side which has already sealed the Ashes gets flogged in the last test. It's a game of the mind as well as the body, and when one team has a lot to play for, and the other team nothing to play for, you get results like this.

I have seen enough this year to believe that we are a young, improving side capable of pushing the best teams in the competition, and i expect we will get better next year. Unless we have a disaster next year, I think Buckley should have two years from the end of 2015 to show whether the rebuild has worked, or can work, under his management. Great clubs think long-term and do not overreact. As many have pointed out, Thompson teetered at Geelong just before glory came to them, and i recall us destroyng them by about 100 points in 2006. Only time will tell.

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:02 pm

If the coach goes then the Pres must go with him. I remember when Eddie used to strive for the best of everything - coaches, staff, facilities, sponsors etc.

Now we are nothing but a $£$%^%%$ rabble. It's time for a clean out

Monco Matt Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:05 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
If the coach goes then the Pres must go with him. I remember when Eddie used to strive for the best of everything - coaches, staff, facilities, sponsors etc.

Now we are nothing but a $£$%^%%$ rabble. It's time for a clean out

As soon as the hungry start chewing the fat, it is all over.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:05 pm

Mugwump wrote:
There are not many advantages to being 9 hours time zone away, but today was one of them. that must have been brutal to watch.

In truth, it's been a long season and this was a dead rubber. Yesterday at the Oval England upheld the tradition that a side which has already sealed the Ashes gets flogged in the last test. It's a game of the mind as well as the body, and when one team has a lot to play for, and the other team nothing to play for, you get results like this.

I have seen enough this year to believe that we are a young, improving side capable of pushing the best teams in the competition, and i expect we will get better next year. Unless we have a disaster next year, I think Buckley should have two years from the end of 2015 to show whether the rebuild has worked, or can work, under his management. Great clubs think long-term and do not overreact. As many have pointed out, Thompson teetered at Geelong just before glory came to them, and i recall us destroyng them by about 100 points in 2006. Only time will tell.

Thank you Mugwump. Reading this board has pissed me off far more than the pumping we got today.

I was beginning to think that common sense and Nick's were mutually exclusive but you've restored my faith. Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
Page 11 of 118   

Jump to: