Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why we are in a mess

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:

Point me to the poster who isn't concerned about our performances.

Point me to the poster who isn't worried about our injuries.

Point me to the poster who isn't worried about our structures breaking down.

Point me to the poster who blindly acquiesces to Bucks and Ed and cedes them jobs for life.

Point me to the poster who isn't critical of the club as a consequence of all of these factors.

Just because we choose to behave like civilised adults and discuss/debate these issues without ignoring contributing factors, without the need for blood in the water, without burning down everything we love about the club, we're somehow seen as sunshine and "perceptive fellow" and wearing rose coloured glasses.

This is a really nice post, jack.

If you think about the above for a second you'd see we are all probably largely in a similar state of concern .... It's just the manner in which we present that concern and how we treat each other whilst we do.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:06 pm

I have no idea what to say.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:13 pm

stui magpie wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

Hey Piesnchness
Have you ever studied the migration habits of lemmings!
They are the ones who march off the cliffs
2 by 2 or side by side.
You and Jackcass can walk off hand in hand
with the train wreck that is the football department at Collingwood.
The problem is when someone complains about the problems and highlights
the issues they are labelled as TROLLS!

You know that whole thing about Lemming's mass suicide is just a myth, don't you?

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2004/04/27/1081903.htm

Wink

True Stui but it makes a great story and there is nothing like the lemming suicide metaphor that cuts to the chase.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:40 pm

Well, except that we're not running anywhere and it isn't us who want to push the Coach (or in the Special Troll's case, the entire club) off the top of the cliff.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 5:48 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
Magpies035 wrote:
We must believe the coaching staff are looking into the season thus far. My question is why has nothing changed in the playing group?
We hVe only played a few good quarters?
Put the injuries aside ( definitely a concern over a few years now and no solution in sight)
6 weeks of game reviews now we have a good amount of sample data
Why has there been no change if the playing group?

No change in teh playing group?

Only 8 players have played all games. Sames as Richmond and least of any club.
Too much personnel change is part of our problem.

Yes, compared to the Roos who have had 17 players play every game. It's the greatest single factor for our current position.

Around the edges we can argue about particular selections, Cloke, too many debuts, but you can't get around the fact that we simply haven't had players available a lot of the time and that this definitely has an impact. At best we were a chance to finish near the bottom of the 8 this year, with loss of personnel and the issues with Cloke and Pendlebury, we really haven't performed too far from my expectations. I expected the Blues to win last week against a weak Pies team and expect the Lions to win tonight.

You'd need to be completely blinded by agenda to argue that our current position is all down to the coach. Very young lists (and we've been younger than everyone we've played) are rarely consistently competitive. The best teams being mature and largely free of injuries and the worst teams being the opposite is an unchanging truism. For some reason our team not having turned the history of football on its head this year is all down to Buckley being a terrible failure. Any objective analysis says this is just not so. Being critical is fair and reasonable, irrationally trashing the club for fun is not, but clearly some do enjoy it and I can't see that it does any harm.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:36 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:
Magpies035 wrote:
We must believe the coaching staff are looking into the season thus far. My question is why has nothing changed in the playing group?
Put the injuries aside ( definitely a concern over a few years now and no solution in sight)

Yes, compared to the Roos who have had 17 players play every game. It's the greatest single factor for our current position.

Around the edges we can argue about particular selections, Cloke, too many debuts, but you can't get around the fact that we simply haven't had players available a lot of the time and that this definitely has an impact. At best we were a chance to finish near the bottom of the 8 this year, with loss of personnel and the issues with Cloke and Pendlebury, we really haven't performed too far from my expectations. I expected the Blues to win last week against a weak Pies team and expect the Lions to win tonight.

You'd need to be completely blinded by agenda to argue that our current position is all down to the coach. Very young lists (and we've been younger than everyone we've played) are rarely consistently competitive. The best teams being mature and largely free of injuries and the worst teams being the opposite is an unchanging truism. For some reason our team not having turned the history of football on its head this year is all down to Buckley being a terrible failure. Any objective analysis says this is just not so. Being critical is fair and reasonable, irrationally trashing the club for fun is not, but clearly some do enjoy it and I can't see that it does any harm.

That pretty much sums it up. We need consistency, cohesion, amd they will need time. We have a decent talent base with upside aplenty, and it's a matter of holdng the course and taking the pain through this period.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:26 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:
Magpies035 wrote:

Should be the opening post in just about every thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11   

Jump to: