Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Hawks - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ bloody good post, Dyso
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:37 am

Josh Smith wasn’t a standout but standout may be the case

Tweaked his hammy

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:54 am

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and many here are looking back for years and years understandable really but we can't change the past but we can the future.
The future looks very bleak on last nights effort or lack there of.
Part of this lose was at the selection table knowing the weather was going to be wet or at a minimum greasy we go very tall. Big error surely Brown was worth a go in these conditions
Cox is a confident player when he misses the first couple marks it just goes down hill from there seen it over and over again. In the condition we expected last night we didn't do him any favours but heck he couldn't even take a grab on the wing unopposed

Langdon was a absolute liability tonight. Not unexpected as he's form line since coming back from injury is near deplorable. 6 goals were his responsibility last night and that's not including the goal were instead of tackling Gunston near the point post he shoves him through a attempted team mates tackle towards the goal posts. The free against him for hitting a players leg was horrendous but he never should have been 8 meters off Burgoyne in the first place just another case of no match awareness. He's caught out on near every occasion behind his man. There's a great view in the 3rd term hips when the ball is in our goal square and he's basically standing with hands on hip while his man gets the ball and gives off a handball for a goal. Showed exactly his lack of accountability and demeanour towards the game.

Treloar needs a huge kick up the ass. His disposal for a player who's earning big coin and has a reputation of being a good player isn't acceptable. He killed our momentum so many times last night it was embarrassing. If we had players of any skill level available next week he should be sent to the VFL for a couple weeks to learn to kick.
I'm was concerned last night the longer the game went the more Grundy was frustrated. He looked like a player who was ready to lose his shit at any stage and risk a suspension to make a point to his team mates about being physical on the contest. He won the hit outs easily most of the night yet we lost the clearances and they moved it to easily

Pendles looks like a player who's basically had a gutful of busting his ass every week only to see a team mate burn it further up field. He looked like he just wanted to be anywhere else at times. It's a shame as he's been th heart and soul of this side for years now.

There we're a few positives.
Sidey played very well. Every time he was in our forward 50 we actually had someone with the X factor who looked likely to kick or provide goals. But we couldn't afford to leave him there as our midfield was getting murdered
Crocker played his best game in the seniors. Took a few nice grabs and should have kicked 3 or 4 but he showed he can play at this level. He needs to keep that improvement going forward.
Murray tried hard and showed why we wanted him. He's got decent skills and some wheels and added something to our backline.
Stephenson played decent but Clarkson was smart and his man often left him unattended as they didn't fear his impact
Moore looked decent at CHB but that missed mark that fell into his opponents hand hurt when we had equal footing in the match.

Selection next week will be easy. We've got no one of any substance to come back from injury or anyone who's got match fitness to really come in
Scharenberg & Brown in
Langdon & Mayanrd out
By the time Elliott Faz Wells JDG Greenwood are ready to come on our season could be done and dusted and we will spend the rest of the season battling to finish around 12th high enough for some to say at least we didn't totally fall apart and balled the season out but to high to get a top 3 pick in a reported super draft.
Anyone thinking Lynch will be at Collingwood next season is dreaming. Why would he want to ? And then again why would we want another tall standing in the forward 50 when we can't use the 3 we deploy there anyways
I fear for what lays ahead on current form.
My ole mate P4S said last night we fielded 11 AFL standard players I would argue that number would now be about 6 on last nights performance
K 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:07 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Langdon was a absolute liability tonight. ... 6 goals were his responsibility last night and that's not including the goal were instead of tackling Gunston near the point post he shoves him through a attempted team mates tackle towards the goal posts. ...

That goal was an astonishing display of ineptitude from both defenders.

Actually, as others have noted, the tackling in general was inept in 'both directions', i.e. in terms of both missed tackles and frees against for contact too high.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:10 am

Just to clarify, Qld, I suggested that the team contained 11 AFL-standard players before the game. This wasn't a new theme - I've been identifying the half-to-a-third of the team that isn't up to it for a long time, now. I'm very frustrated by reading on here about how much talent we have. I'd like to be upbeat about the team's chances but there has been no reason for 4 seasons, based on what I've been watching.

The real issue, though, is that I am not quite sure whether the guys I identify as below-standard are really below-standard, or whether they just look like it because the team strategies are too stupid for words. It could be either, or worse still, both.

The worst thing about having half a team of turkeys is that it makes the genuinely good players look like poultry, too.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:11 am

So OK we are winless after first round and there will I guess be changes

Looking at availability of experience we have Fasolo. Blair Mayne next week

But the ranks of experienced players thin out with DeGoey ,Wells and Greenwood not match fit

We are in for a few weeks against some finalists of 2017 before we play others

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:15 am

But the ranks of experienced players thin out with DeGoey ,Wells and Greenwood not match fit

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:16 am

BazBoy wrote:

It's like shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic honestly, until the underlying problems are addressed its all pretty much pointless.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:22 am

Yes and we will have continue to “shuffle “ deck chair thru the long season ahead

I watched our natural enemy the Scum against Richmond on Thursday and the game they produced would have surely tested our Saturday 22

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:25 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Just to clarify, Qld, I suggested that the team contained 11 AFL-standard players before the game. This wasn't a new theme - I've been identifying the half-to-a-third of the team that isn't up to it for a long time, now. I'm very frustrated by reading on here about how much talent we have. I'd like to be upbeat about the team's chances but there has been no reason for 4 seasons, based on what I've been watching.

The real issue, though, is that I am not quite sure whether the guys I identify as below-standard are really below-standard, or whether they just look like it because the team strategies are too stupid for words. It could be either, or worse still, both.

The worst thing about having half a team of turkeys is that it makes the genuinely good players look like poultry, too.

That's a fair point ole mate I know you've been saying for years we have to many players not at afl standard and your very right mate.
Maybe some players are being brought down to a lower level by the players around them.
On the brighter side you will be pleased to know I led the voting in the Gavin Brown voting starting with 5 votes for Sidey. Yes I know it wasn't a hard decision to make because really he would be one of only 5 players I would give a game to next week.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:48 am

The venting is not too bad and I put this down to low expectations. Not many are expecting big things this year. We will struggle as we simply cannot kick enough goals to win. 15 goals is the required level, unless you keep the opposition under what you kick and we struggle to do that. Lynch has to be our focus as far as recruiting goes but why would he come to a shambles? A weeks a long time in football and a win next week will change everything. In saying that if there is no improvement we could possibly be 1 - 10 after round 11. Here's hoping we turn it around.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:52 am

I was in shock seeing pie supporters leaving at the end of the 3rd . I think people have had enough even after one game. That is what damming to me
Greeny2968 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:54 am

Disgraceful.
Cox was so embarrassing.
No game plan.
Bucks is a joke.
No skill.
Disposal poor.
No leaders.
Can’t kick straight.
Too soft.
No depth.
Pathetic.
Season over.
Etc etc.

New year, same result, same message...

Only 43 games til end of Bucks' 2 year contract - so let's reappoint him for another 2 years to end the speculation - and allow the players to focus on playing footy.... blah blah blah...

Never been so upset being a 50 year Pies supporter. Sad
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:01 am

GreekLunatic wrote:
I was in shock seeing pie supporters leaving at the end of the 3rd . I think people have had enough even after one game. That is what damming to me
Those same people will plan to do something other than football next week.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:03 am

Humans are not always infallible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 11 of 17   

Jump to: