Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies destroy Dees. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

TassiePie1990 wrote:
Gee that’s exciting when Crispy, Quaynor and others take it on through the centre corrido with daring handball time and time again.. As the commentators said “Collingwood are trying to poke a hole through Melbournes defence.” Melbourne threw everything at the boys and to our credit we absorbed it and gave better than we got.

Exactly
I thought the Daicos bros had an ordinary first half. But Nicks precision kicking from the kick outs , up the centre in congestion was astonishing. Courageous. But he can back it up. What a star.

I think I’ll change my image here from the smother of the century to Maynard’s shirtfront of the century. That was inspirational.

Last edited by didick on Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:46 am

When you think about what Langdon said it does make some sense. If your duck is to move the ball quickly and expose the corridor/fat side to get an overlap but also to pressure and tackle the opposition into submission then who needs the dinner?

The only thing he got wrong was Melbourne had the game plan to stop it!!

Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:49 am

didick wrote:
TassiePie1990 wrote:
Gee that’s exciting when Crispy, Quaynor and others take it on through the centre corrido with daring handball time and time again.. As the commentators said “Collingwood are trying to poke a hole through Melbournes defence.” Melbourne threw everything at the boys and to our credit we absorbed it and gave better than we got.

Exactly
I thought the Daicos bros had an ordinary first half. But Nicks precision kicking from the kick outs , up the centre in congestion was astonishing. Courageous. But he can back it up. What a star.

I think I’ll change my image here fro the another of the century to Maynard’s shirtfront of the century. That was inspirational.

I didn’t notice until watching the replay that Josh’s fine goal in the last term was fed across to him by a handball from…. No 35. Amazing how often they combine like that.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:49 am

All duck no dinner just means all or nothing. Which I take as a compliment! It was the one trick pony that fired us up. But in defence of Ed, he was just repeating what was said at the club by the coaches and leadership at team meetings and he probably didn’t even mean to say it out loud. All or nothing wins games, or at the very least, you don’t die wondering. This has all the marks of Richmond 2017.

PS I’d love to have Clayton Oliver play for us. Wink
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:10 am

I noticed an angrier side to our guys last night. The first hit on Langdon by Bruzzy it was WHE, Pendles and Sidey piling on to let him know. De Goey was up and about all game, McCreery is an animal, Elliott, Mihocek don't take any rubbish. Our shift is interesting and we are loving it.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:11 am

It was great to see the smug look wiped off Goodwin the flog’s face. He was laughing when Melbourne were in control and probably thought we’d crumble like we did against Brisbane in 2003. He has that early 2000s Brisbane smugness all over him. Suffer in your jocks on the way to the TAB, Goodwin!
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:16 am

tactically wise, this is the most enjoyable game to watch, re-watch, and re-watch

all the way, Pies!!!
roar 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:20 am

Truly wonderful win but we must thank Gawn and his terrible kicking for goal that kept us in it.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:22 am

De Goey was our best by a mile.

5 goals within the first 20 kicks; you won't see that again at AFL level.

The first 10 mins was some of the best footy I have ever seen played.

I think the rucks are not the problem in the centre, but without De Goey in there we are stuffed.

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:26 am

Skids wrote:
Sidebottom is having an exceptional season. His endurance and smarts when he gets the ball is outstanding.

His defensive efforts in the 3rd quarter when the game was in the balance were exceptional. He spoiled Jackson in their forward pocket and Brown in the middle of the field, both one on one and with the bigger player favourite on each occasion. No disposal stats for either - but each stopped a likely goal.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:33 am

The problem with Langdon was, he didn’t (or they rather) didn’t respect the opposition, you never do that because more often than not, you end up looking like a dickhead.

But yeah fk him & the duck he rode in on…

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:45 am

roar wrote:
Truly wonderful win but we must thank Gawn and his terrible kicking for goal that kept us in it.

He hasn’t played in a winning team against the Pies since 2016. 3-9 overall in games against us including the last 6 as losses.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:49 am

^ Collingwood's bitch. It's hilarious that so many people think he's a good ruckman - he's spectacularly ineffective. I've said it before but I'll say it again (because it's so funny) - he hasn't played in a winning side against Collingwood since Witts was our first ruck.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:57 am

Re-watching the second half. I have revised my initial view - Sidebottom was BOG by a mile. His defensive efforts were spectacular - bringing the ball to ground against much bigger opponents, one on one in marking contests, cleaning up loose balls in the defensive 50, squeezing handballs and kicks to advantage from impossible positions, tackling ferociously and repeatedly. He even came forward and took the ball brilliantly away from the stoppage immediately after Maynard's tackle and squeezed the ball with his left onto Johnson's chest. There is no other player on Collingwood's list who can execute like that in tight corners, not even Pendlebury. And Lever knew it - as he stood on the mark for Johnson's goal, he was swearing and dropped his head - done cold by brilliance his team doesn't have.

I haven't even got to the part of his game that made the most impression on me, live - his magnificent efforts with Nick Daicos to run the clock down and out and ice the game. Just a class above.
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:16 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
I really don't get the McStay stuff, it would be a huge blunder if we got him especially on what's been reported.

I'm thinking there's a really clear objective now that they are recruiting him as a key back for the next 5 years to support Darce, especially with Roughhead gone this year and Jez Howe likely calling it a day either next year, if not the year after. I'm backing it in Leppa and Fly see something in him that we don't. The beauty of that would be, if it works, he's also very capable of swinging forward in bursts if needed to change game plan. That's my theory on it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 11 of 16   

Jump to: