Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win another thriller. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

dalyc wrote:
neil wrote:
As for the venting in game day thread yes you can do it but it puts a lot of posters off visiting the game day threads

Yes, 100%.

It’s really selfish behaviour from the 2 or 3 that persist despite many posters asking them to lighten up.

Can we have 2 game threads? Us punters can then pick the one we want to sit in on.

Negative Nellies thread vs Mother Theresa thread

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:31 am

Love Herald-Sun saying north were robbed by a non-50 … saw North players get away with stepping over the mark as well. Balances out all the illegal holds, jumper holds and blocks on N Daicos — did they miss when he had both arms held behind his back illegally (and he soccer kicked the ball). They can all get bent. And Jane Cornes can get bent whinging N Daicos gets special treatment.,
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:11 pm

Mr Miygi don’t forget the free Hill got 55/60 from goal and north player walked right beside him when he was looking for a handball give
That takes Hill 5/10m out in front of goal I’m betting he kicks that goal
Then there was a blantant block on Schulz in the last term when WHE was on a wing alone looking to go inside 50. A north player run straight in front of Schulz when he had 3 steps on his opponent 20 from goal
Swings and round about
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:25 pm

Exactly! Although if the Bobby one happened in the last minute and we lost by a point, I’d probably be going ape in the Umpiring Rants thread 🤣

Umps were loosey goosey with the 50m rules all day, let them all go — I think there was only one 50m paid all game. Which I actually prefer, they’ve been too hot on it in recent games
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:31 pm

It was reasonable for Sidey and Beau to think was was not 15 and so play on. In the deafening roar it was the right decision to reiterate he had paid the mark and bring them back
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:48 pm

Can someone please explain to me how when I tried to get tickets to the game on Friday for 4 people it said no I could find 2 though but for $189 each? Only 38000 people turned up!
Simply_Brutal 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:17 pm

KenH wrote:
Can someone please explain to me how when I tried to get tickets to the game on Friday for 4 people it said no I could find 2 though but for $189 each? Only 38000 people turned up!

Because member show rates were poor. Some would argue that why guaranteed seats shouldn’t be a thing.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:30 pm

Yeah I wanted to take my son along, but had to stay home and watch on TV because there were no general admission seats available when I checked first thing in the morning. A pity if there were that many seats being unused.

Some film festivals have a standby queue where if people don't turn up within the first five minutes of a sold-out film starting, their seats can be taken by people waiting. Maybe we need something like that for allocated members' seats at football games.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:44 pm

Scott ran a few steps off the mark, should have immediately been called play on. AFL agrees.
mightypies90 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:13 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Love Herald-Sun saying north were robbed by a non-50 … saw North players get away with stepping over the mark as well. Balances out all the illegal holds, jumper holds and blocks on N Daicos — did they miss when he had both arms held behind his back illegally (and he soccer kicked the ball). They can all get bent. And Jane Cornes can get bent whinging N Daicos gets special treatment.,

I love this, it’s ok when we get screwed by the umpires and lose games and grand finals. So the media and everyone else can jog off.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:26 pm

dalyc wrote:
dalyc wrote:
neil wrote:
As for the venting in game day thread yes you can do it but it puts a lot of posters off visiting the game day threads

Yes, 100%.

It’s really selfish behaviour from the 2 or 3 that persist despite many posters asking them to lighten up.

Can we have 2 game threads? Us punters can then pick the one we want to sit in on.

Negative Nellies thread vs Mother Theresa thread

I’m all for this.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:27 pm

Any word on if Maynard was cited? Should have come out by now?
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:52 pm

Yes. No word on Maynard so has seemingly even escaped a fine. No mention of it in the MRO report so far. Dawson from the Roos got stung for his high block on Crisp however.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:20 pm

Quincy wrote:
masoncox wrote:
I think Framp should stay back.
Maybe move The captain to the backflank.
Amazing win.
As I said in the pregame thread TJ is too light to play this year.
He will be a good player in the next few years.

Our skipper is too slow to be a flanker. Perhaps we give him a spell in the VFL once our good players return which might be a wake up call. Pendles will return and he can be captain again. Anyone who saw the GF last year knows he is the real leader anyway. IQ is another one who needs a spell in the VFL, he has had a shocking season. Our defence is a worry.

Drop Darcy Moore? Is it April 1st?

I’ve heard it all now. Some people are seriously delusional. Same with Quaynor by the way.

1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:28 pm

What is amazing regarding this match is norf scored their first behind at the 2:45 min mark in first qtr then went on to kick 19 goals straight with their second behind kicked with less than 20 seconds left in the game!

This must be some sought of world record!

BARRACK HARD!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14   

Jump to: