Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sack Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Sugar wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
One thing that was abundantly clear from Saturday's game is that Bolton is a way better coach than Malthouse ever was. I say this because Bolton has got basically the same group of players to play at a vastly superior level.

I'm not sure what it tells us about sacking Buckley but it sure as hell confirms my view that we were right to lose Malthouse when we did.

Boltons a better coach than Malthouse "ever was", please stop embarrassing yourself.

I'm confused ( easily done bla bla).

Who am I taking seriously and who aren't I?

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:16 am

They said you'd never make it, but congratulations on 100 games as coach of the best club in the land.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:30 am

MightyMagpie wrote:
They said you'd never make it, but congratulations on 100 games as coach of the best club in the land.

Does that mean we get first dibs on Jet or Ace to coach us in the future?

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:29 am

Congrats on smashing a bottom 4 side... Good lord have our expectations dwindled since 2011. Like I've said before, we can run and gun with the best of them. Kind of like Carlton when Ratten was coach. But there is still no real defensive accountability.

Was at gws game tonight. The amount of talk and direction gws players give each other at stoppages, kick ins and around the ground to maintain the structure is exceptional. Reflection of quality coaching. We used to be like that.

At the 3/4 time siren stevie j didnt see steele in fwd pocket and didnt dish off. Steele gave Stevie a spray for not seeing him. Mind you GWS were 10 goals up at that stage, yet a second/third year player in Steele is giving it to a legend (and assistant coach) like stevie johnson... that just shows what a great culture gws have built. They just want to destroy teams.

Team culture is what a coach develops. Sadly we don't have that type of culture anymore
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:14 am

September Zeros wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
One thing that was abundantly clear from Saturday's game is that Bolton is a way better coach than Malthouse ever was. I say this because Bolton has got basically the same group of players to play at a vastly superior level.

I'm not sure what it tells us about sacking Buckley but it sure as hell confirms my view that we were right to lose Malthouse when we did.

Boltons a better coach than Malthouse "ever was", please stop embarrassing yourself.

I'm confused ( easily done bla bla).

Who am I taking seriously and who aren't I?

I'm sorry, I forgot to quote what he posted which was "Bolton is a way better coach than Malthouse ever was"

Happy now?

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:19 am

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Congrats on smashing a bottom 4 side... Good lord have our expectations dwindled since 2011. Like I've said before, we can run and gun with the best of them. Kind of like Carlton when Ratten was coach. But there is still no real defensive accountability.

Was at gws game tonight. The amount of talk and direction gws players give each other at stoppages, kick ins and around the ground to maintain the structure is exceptional. Reflection of quality coaching. We used to be like that.

At the 3/4 time siren stevie j didnt see steele in fwd pocket and didnt dish off. Steele gave Stevie a spray for not seeing him. Mind you GWS were 10 goals up at that stage, yet a second/third year player in Steele is giving it to a legend (and assistant coach) like stevie johnson... that just shows what a great culture gws have built. They just want to destroy teams.
Team culture is what a coach develops. Sadly we don't have that type of culture anymore

Relax brother sad sacker, let the "perceptive fellow" have their day, It'll all turn to shit next week.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:27 am

Krakouer Magic wrote:

KM. I watched the same game as you. You're comparing apples to oranges. You can have the best culture in the world but if you don't have the talent to back it up you won't win a game of footy. GWS have elite talent on every line on the footy field. They have a midfield consisting of a number 1-3 draft picks. They have also nailed their draft picks in the teens and twenties. Plus they have drafted good experienced players in Mumford, Ward, Scully, Shaw and Johnson. They smashed Hawthorn a couple of weeks ago and must be favourites for the flag at the moment.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:34 am

Krakouer Magic wrote:

Amazed how a glass half empty cant enjoy a fantastic win by a young team, riddled with injuries, against an interstate team on its own dunghill. Greg Swann was very cocky on radio yesterday, really rated his Bears against us, and we destroyed them. Unreal how some on here cant enjoy wins, life is too short. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:48 am

Well, have a look who started the thread PnC. What did you expect? Balanced journalism?
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:39 am

Don't worry, we're nearly at the half way mark now.
The ugly mofo will be gone at seasons end, you mark my words!

Last nights victory doesn't change a thing, it's just biding him more time!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:37 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:

Maybe you should switch allegiance to the Giants, as you seem to get more joy from watching them. The Giants should be f*cking good, as just about every single player on their list is a top 5 draft pick!

As for us having no defensive pressure? We pressured fantastically last night until some players began to run out of legs. Remember, when you're criticising our backline, we are missing Reid, Brown, Ramsay, Williams and Langdon. FFS mate, injuries forced us to play Tooves as our CHB and we still smashed the Bears.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:53 pm

^ I'll be right here mate & when Spudley goes (& he will) I'll come looking for 'ya to say:

I TOLD YOU SO!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:59 pm

I saw us first hand live last night this season.
I've been following closely reports from posters like Cam about our structures coupled with seeing overview highlights on fox footy.
Last night for mine the biggest difference was Travis Varcoe. He was our back line general pointing and encouraging players like Smith and the younger brigade all night. When he was off the paddock the younger guys were looking for his directions and calmness.
Also I thought Howe was important with his defence. He actually has more speed than I remember. He does have a good spoiling leap and is a decent kick.
Also remember that our mid field dominated last night taking a fair bit of pressure off the backs. Pendles was leading the mid field like the champ he is ably assisted by Treloar & Adams. Our grunt work at clearances and around the stoppages was far better. We manned up and closely not giving them 3 to 4 metres grace like past weeks. Treloar is a leader already he is as demanding as a 23yr old I've seen. He gave Varcoe a spray at one stage for not spotting him running deep inside 50. To Varcoe's credit he acknowledged it and at the next passage run up to Treloar and slapped him on the back as if to say sorry mate I'll look better next time.
I really liked Grundy last night to he made a good player like Martin look so so.
Look we could come out next week against the cats and get smashed for sure but if we play with the same intensity and desire we showed last night then we might lose but we won't be disgraced and that's a step forward and a building block.
Don't be to quick to right off last nights performance we played very well
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:02 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:

I suppose it depends on the context you use, I am not sure what P4S' was, but if you compare the two at Carlton you'd see that Bolton is way ahead of where Malthouse at the club.

Maltjouse seemed to believe in his ability to get the best out of a list of obvious passengers and didn't overhaul the list rather state how he could win a flag with that list. Bolton spent the time to go over the list and then made a heap of changes and it's slowly paid off this season, I suppose we will see overall as I think there's more he needs to cut.

Anyway, last night while only beating a bottom 4 side it was good that we had some players step up and hopefully this helps us in the long run. I am glad for any win, regardless of who it is and after we've played poorly against a few of these sides getting a big win like that was a needed win.

Hopefully it also brings some much needed confidence as well.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:35 pm

Interesting discussion yesterday on the ABC where McClure asked if Bucks has the appropriate support staff. McCartney said that you'd never be able to judge from the outside looking in but in his experience the best coaching panels are those that grow together as a group so he couldn't see any reason why Bucks et al wouldn't be a good coaching group.

But what would McCartney know.

Last edited by jackcass on Mon May 16, 2016 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
Page 109 of 118   

Jump to: