Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Would you quit the Pies if MM gets another contract ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The food rose-up in the shape of a clenched fist
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:04 am

Time to get over yourselves you p-ssweak excuses for Collingwood supporters.
Fair dinkum, what a total pack of mamby-pamby, self indulgent whingers you are.
Nobody is enjoying the situation at present and I'm sure Eddie, MM and the players aren't enjoying it either.
Look what happens when people get ahead of themselves; you get the Richmond embarrassment.
It's time for us to get a few things straight:
1. We are never going back to Vic Park. Accept it and move on.
2. You don't like Lexus? Don't go.
3. Don't want to attend games if you don't get your own way? Fine, stay away....your spot can go to a supporter who doesn't bail out at the first sign of adversity.
4. Want a say in who coaches? Go to Richmond.

Leave it to the Board to work these things out and stop being so 'Generation Y".
Honestly, this thread is really sick making.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:43 am

Stay in Hong Kong then Neil. Wink
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:10 pm

Geek wrote:
Stalinism... pfft... If the club's situation was anything lie Stalinism it would have ensured that your last mortal memory would be of watching the murder and desecration of your family members for but a fraction of the things you've said over the time.

It's a footy club for god's sakes. A big, prominent one with a huge turnover, (Or at least.... Lot's of turnovers, often under little pressure) but still just a club. A club not being run, incidentally, by some ruthless dictator who crushes all dissent.

Jack: my view on the AFL is that it is more and more a production, with our club continually playing to the drama queens in its midst.

Suggesting that McGuire/Collingwood could learn lessons from possibly the most repressive and brutalising regimes of the 20th century is just another example of that hysteria.

Even though playing away to Werribee could be considered Siberia, I'm pretty sure that Eddie/Mick hasn't been responsible for forced labour camps, disappearances and executions on those who don't confirm. Pretty sure that they don't have the populace quaking in fear at the very mention of their name.

There is no reign of terror that squashes dissent. Fairly sure that the "loyalists" are guilty of attacking you as you often condescend to them and you know what? That's debate for you but you see their right to get uptight and fight you back is an example of some sort of repression.

Just doesn't add up mate.

Anyway apart form all that, yeah I think we should move Mick on and I don't like the idea of having him fired and coaching out the year. We do have some bloody good cattle, but I don't think Mick will get them to the prize. I think that we are stagnating and that a fresh broom through the place will work wonders. It would cost us matches this year, when we are only 2 games from 4th, but I don't like our chances of beating at least 2 of those late in september with the squad playing like it is now.

If Eddie keeps Mick on next year, then I won't be happy. If someone then formed a realistic ticket for the Presidency (and at least had the balls to run against Eddie and not piss around until he's ready to stand aside), then I'd be very interested in what they had to say. Considering I will be sticking with the club I'll have my share in influencing that decision.

By the way Jack. Your avitar seems to call for revolution. Would that be like the one that led to Stalin? Or Pinochet? What about that nice guy from Indonesia?

Geek, In all fairness, i strongly think our Jack was using Stalinism as an analogy only, just more or less saying that Eddie and Co rule Lexus pretty rigidly, and no dissent is tolerated. Jack would not have been using the horrors and brutality of the Stalin regime to in any way equate it with a footy club, surely you can see he just used it as a somewhat cynical exercise, not in any way comparing eddie to stalin. I cant believe you took him so seriously, its called black satire mate. Nobody would use the horror of a dictatorship as compared to a football cllub, its just not on. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:16 pm

Hang-on a tic apples! Why the rant about telling us to pull the pin?

Don't like Lexus, stay away, don't like this don't like that, well just don't go Confused

Really? Is that wot you think the Club wants?
Your Club My Club Our Club? For us to put-up shut-up or disappear? Somehow we give-up our voice once we become Pies supporters, is that wot it's about Confused
See the Barrackers Are Shouting, As all Barrackers Should ....
does that ring a bell?

Plenty in the wings waiting to take our spot?
Hmmm. Couldn't these keen well behaved Collingwood supporters just join anyway? Confused

understudy 

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:06 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Time to get over yourselves you p-ssweak excuses for Collingwood supporters.
Fair dinkum, what a total pack of mamby-pamby, self indulgent whingers you are.
Nobody is enjoying the situation at present and I'm sure Eddie, MM and the players aren't enjoying it either.
Look what happens when people get ahead of themselves; you get the Richmond embarrassment.
It's time for us to get a few things straight:
1. We are never going back to Vic Park. Accept it and move on.
2. You don't like Lexus? Don't go.
3. Don't want to attend games if you don't get your own way? Fine, stay away....your spot can go to a supporter who doesn't bail out at the first sign of adversity.
4. Want a say in who coaches? Go to Richmond.

Leave it to the Board to work these things out and stop being so 'Generation Y".
Honestly, this thread is really sick making.

Dont we elect the board anymore ?
melliot 

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:29 pm

Got to page 8 and my lunch hour was up.

Not sure the majority of supporters want MM out? I don't think the "majority" is based on the number of posts on Nick's (probably generated by the rantings of the small number of posters).

In any case, whoever said that popular opinion is right decision anyway. Its just a popular decision. Mostly by people who can be emotionally swayed. I'd nearly always back the judgement of experts or at least the intellegently informed (with their heart in the right place), before I'd back the call of the masses. Thats just me.

Don't get me wrong, democracy has its place and I believe in it. It just doesn't always get it right.

I'm a MM supporter and wish he is kept for another 2 years. But if he was to be moved on and another coach appointed, I'd still be there giving my full support just like I do to MM and the team. I won't go away sulking.

I do believe that if MM is reappointed and fails (whatever that means depends on the beholder's expectations), not only will MM be sacked but EM will probably be voted out next election. So for EM and associated Board this will be a critical decision for them that they will live or die by.
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:33 pm

regan is true fullback wrote:
A similar situation exists in soccer for those of us who barrack for Newcastle United, the Magpies of England. After years of near misses followed by administrative ineptitude (sound familiar?) Newcastle are one point away from relegation with one match to play.

What do I do - walk away and barrack for Manchester United and Hawthorn, on the basis that success will surely follow?

Did Australia give up on the Socceroos after the debacles of Iran and Uraguay?

There is, for better or worse, next year. There is, like Linus's blanket, 1990. There is the magic but imperfect year of 2007. There is 1958, the most heroic premiership of all.

If you can't handle a lot of pain, you are not a Magpie supporter. Don't give up now. This year is crap. next year might be better.

their must be some curse upon black and white striped teams. It's a bloody tough life supporting 2 of them!

heres hoping big al can pull of some sort of miracle on sunday, then a big clean out of all the dead wood over the summer.

I fear NUFC could go the way of Leeds if we go down, very worrying times, makes the current situation at Collingwood seem good, at least we wont be relegated to the VFL.
sq3 

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:38 pm

Mr Smith Goes To C'Wood wrote:
Yes, we need to go after Malcolm X Blight. Wink

Laughing

fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:38 pm

What I fear is if MM goes and Bucks comes in, the Buckley haters will be on his case the minute we lose a game.

Whoever is the Coach of MY Club, has my full support.

I would never walk away from the Club.

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:20 pm

fan4collingwood wrote:

Whoever is the Coach of MY Club, has my full support.

I would never walk away from the Club.

Says it all really.

What a despicable thread. Evil or Very Mad

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:23 pm

punkologist wrote:

their must be some curse upon black and white striped teams. It's a bloody tough life supporting 2 of them!

heres hoping big al can pull of some sort of miracle on sunday, then a big clean out of all the dead wood over the summer.

I fear NUFC could go the way of Leeds if we go down, very worrying times, makes the current situation at Collingwood seem good, at least we wont be relegated to the VFL.

Too true Punk! Lets hope we pull a rabbit outta the hat this weekend away to Villa, and away to the Weagles!!

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
The Collingwood Turtle Libra

Side by Side, through good times & bad

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:31 pm

melliot wrote:
Got to page 8 and my lunch hour was up.

Not sure the majority of supporters want MM out? I don't think the "majority" is based on the number of posts on Nick's (probably generated by the rantings of the small number of posters).

Believe me its the vast majority that want MM gone.

The Legends Members area is full of people who have had enough Malthouse and almost every forum on the net is full of people who want MM gone.

Also quite a number of coterie group members want to see a change of coach too.

Not that I take online polls too seriously but the HUN poll voted Bucks v MM as 2 to 1 as their preferred coach.

Last edited by The Collingwood Turtle on Thu May 21, 2009 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:36 pm

sq3 wrote:
Mr Smith Goes To C'Wood wrote:
Yes, we need to go after Malcolm X Blight. Wink

Laughing

You're good Mr Smith, you're very bloody good. Laughing

BTW everyone, I was thinking more The Beatles (the song) rather than Stalin when it comes to the revolution. Wink

Have a listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imb4tYOk8GE

The lesson from history is that Stalin hijacked the October Revolution when Lenin carked it and turned it into his own private despotic state. He operated on five year plans.

I figure that Eddie has now almost completed the end of his second five year plan and failed to come up apples. And some people want Malthouse for another five years to do what he hasn't been able to do for ten years.

God help us! Laughing

[BTW God is a Man U supporter. Wink Wink ]
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:30 pm

Nice to see that on the main, most of us do stick fat and would never quit the club. My faith has been restored
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14   

Jump to: