Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Dockers - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Dapper Travis Cloke 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:03 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

very few teams win the premiership from the bottom half of the 8, and our percentage is abysmal.

There are lots of teams with very good draws this year which favour them.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:09 am

Beast wrote:
News Flash!!!!!
A kid thats been on AFL list for a few months struggles for fitness and drops away in a chase! And if thats not terrifying enough for you, wait for it...wait... he needs to eradicate his deficiencies in order of cementing a spot in best 22 for the title contender!!!!!111one!!!

And on this note, good night, jackass, Channel Drongo News. signing off.

Newsflash.... the kid has 2 years of senior SANFL under his belt
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:10 am

Funkadelic wrote:
Boys relax! As someone who has seen him at vfl level I value your opinion jackass.

Cheers. Happy to give an opinion, at the end of the day that's all it is.
Mr Dapper Travis Cloke 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:13 am

Kennedy will be a star. He is already our best kick.
Daicosesque 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:39 am

Captain_MyCaptain wrote:
FREMANTLE
In: C.Sutcliffe
Out: S.Hill

COLLINGWOOD
In: N.Maxwell, C.Mooney
Out: T.Goldsack (hip), J.Witts

Nothing to inspire me here.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:40 am

Daicosesque wrote:
Captain_MyCaptain wrote:
FREMANTLE
In: C.Sutcliffe
Out: S.Hill

COLLINGWOOD
In: N.Maxwell, C.Mooney
Out: T.Goldsack (hip), J.Witts

Nothing to inspire me here.

Our SKIPPER is back. Shocked
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:10 pm

I can kind of understand where he is coming from.
We get Maxy back but lose Goldy. Moons may be a great in but he has very little experience. Could be a master stroke or he may find the level too high right now. Time will tell. I think we are better than last week on paper, but not by a huge margin.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:50 pm

Faster than last week
With Maxwell back hopefully the chip chip sideways and backwards we played in the first half last week will not happen.

Mooney in is interesting Freo will have to put someone with pace on him else he will kick a few

Stupied 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:08 pm

Lazza wrote:

You are a funny bugger Beast Razz Sometimes you make some really good points but at other times, you sound like on of those typical right winged loonies who think that their opinion is the right one and everyone else is wrong!! On this one, my opinion is that you missed the whole point of the comment by Jackass, either intentionally or unintentionally but when informed of it, you went off like a an egg and tomato sandwich left in the sun.. Rolling Eyes

This is not only a symptom of the right. It comes from both sides, just a bit harder to see unless you aren't inclined either way.
As for beasts comments, his observation about Kennedy is correct, although he could have been less aggressive in trying to make his point.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:31 pm

Stupied wrote:
Lazza wrote:

You are a funny bugger Beast Razz Sometimes you make some really good points but at other times, you sound like on of those typical right winged loonies who think that their opinion is the right one and everyone else is wrong!! On this one, my opinion is that you missed the whole point of the comment by Jackass, either intentionally or unintentionally but when informed of it, you went off like a an egg and tomato sandwich left in the sun.. Rolling Eyes

This is not only a symptom of the right. It comes from both sides, just a bit harder to see unless you aren't inclined either way.
As for beasts comments, his observation about Kennedy is correct, although he could have been less aggressive in trying to make his point.

Agree to disagree. I too have watched Ben Kennedy closely in the VFL on TV and at Bendigo for the entire game just 2 weeks ago. I love the kid and his potential impact on the team will be huge. Just that I too have an opinion that he needs to work harder on his defensive skills. This is not to trigger you guys to work on YOUR defensive skills in defending Ben from those of us fans merely making a comment based on first hand observation and experience........ Shocked

We all have opinions and this is an opinion based forum but for Beast to carry on like a Pork chop with an over inflated bloody ego is unnecessary to say the least... Rolling Eyes
Beast 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:22 pm

woftam wrote:

Fair to say you didn't write the book How to win friends & influence people?
This is a forum mate. It's where everyone is allowed to voice their opinion. You can agree or disagree. But the belittling sarcasm is not called for. Not everybody is going to have the same opinion as you.

Lazza wrote:

Jackass is well within his rights to express an opinion just like I'm entitled to show my bewilderment about the said opinion.
And my view is a couple of games in VFL and 30 minutes of senior footy is a very insufficient sample to make a call on Kennedy's deficiencies.
It is also my view that expecting a kid like Kennedy not to have any deficiencies at this stage of his career is rather strange, just as expecting him to cement a spot in his first year of AFL for the flag contender. It is also my view that a kid playing his first game brought on to give us some run will try to impress by being more attacking minded and shouldn't be expected to focus on the defensive side of his game from the get go.

I saw a rather strange and unnecessary post in my opinion and asked for an explanation, wasn't satisfied with it and you know the rest.

And I'm not here to make friends or enemies, just trying to liven the place up a bit while talking about the love of my life - Collingwood Wink
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:25 pm

Beast wrote:
woftam wrote:

Fair to say you didn't write the book How to win friends & influence people?
This is a forum mate. It's where everyone is allowed to voice their opinion. You can agree or disagree. But the belittling sarcasm is not called for. Not everybody is going to have the same opinion as you.

Lazza wrote:

Jackass is well within his rights to express an opinion just like I'm entitled to show my bewilderment about the said opinion.
And my view is a couple of games in VFL and 30 minutes of senior footy is a very insufficient sample to make a call on Kennedy's deficiencies.
It is also my view that expecting a kid like Kennedy not to have any deficiencies at this stage of his career is rather strange, just as expecting him to cement a spot in his first year of AFL for the flag contender. It is also my view that a kid playing his first game brought on to give us some run will try to impress by being more attacking minded and shouldn't be expected to focus on the defensive side of his game from the get go.

I saw a rather strange and unnecessary post in my opinion and asked for an explanation, wasn't satisfied with it and you know the rest.

And I'm not here to make friends or enemies, just trying to liven the place up a bit while talking about the love of my life - Collingwood Wink

There wasn't anything wrong with your logic or your argument. It was delivery. You overstepped the popping crease a little. Wink
Beast 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:27 pm

Oh and just one more point, Kennedy was compared to Dids pre-draft and we know how weak Dids' defensive side is, doesn't make him any less of great player does it Smile
Beast 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:33 pm

woftam wrote:

There wasn't anything wrong with your logic or your argument. It was delivery. You overstepped the popping crease a little. Wink

Yes I know but that was a direct response to him sarcastingly telling me he doesn't need my permission to express his opinion. It might have also had something to do with him questioning me as a supporter after I expressed my opinion on Dawes in another thread.
My modus operandi is not to turn another cheek but to give back twice as I get Wink
Stupied 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:41 pm

Lazza wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Agree to disagree. I too have watched Ben Kennedy closely in the VFL on TV and at Bendigo for the entire game just 2 weeks ago. I love the kid and his potential impact on the team will be huge. Just that I too have an opinion that he needs to work harder on his defensive skills. This is not to trigger you guys to work on YOUR defensive skills in defending Ben from those of us fans merely making a comment based on first hand observation and experience........ Shocked

Absolutely. You're entitled to your opinion, and I don't believe I was being overly defensive about it.

Quote:
We all have opinions and this is an opinion based forum but for Beast to carry on like a Pork chop with an over inflated bloody ego is unnecessary to say the least... Rolling Eyes

Pretty much what I was trying to say, although I was trying to be diplomatic about it Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14   

Jump to: