Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Bombers thump Pies - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Our players gave nothing in that last quarter. If not for the drug cheats inaccuracy we would have lost by a hell of a lot more than we did. No one gave a yelp. No run, no effort or desire to stop the rot and not be bullied the way they were all game. I can take a loss when we give our all but sub-standard performances like that deserve to be criticized.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:10 am

WarrenerraW wrote:
Our players gave nothing in that last quarter. If not for the drug cheats inaccuracy we would have lost by a hell of a lot more than we did. No one gave a yelp. No run, no effort or desire to stop the rot and not be bullied the way they were all game. I can take a loss when we give our all but sub-standard performances like that deserve to be criticized.

Yep just like kids do, but you don't write them off

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:59 am

massive drop off in posts this week.
can see why when considering last weeks performance.
the fans and the players want the season over.
instead of building momentum for the season finals were
falling of a cliff. the real worrying sign for me is that.
we've had injuries that would cripple any club but we knew
it would take time to get personnel back, however were is
the improvement that one sees even with losing? its not there.
hasn't been for many a game. the improvement of any team
should start with attitude, positive attitude. but that is quickly
lost when you consistently see senior players fumble the ball
or knock it to the opposition and watch it move away quickly to a
spreading attack over and over again. our midfielders are slow and
lack presence, our forwards can not gain any advantage on there
guard with the tripe served up to them for several years now dare
i say and the backs as reliant they are set up next to no run.
buckley can wield the axe all he wants but how can he not see this
coming? i don't go to trainings or see how there prepared but they
the most undrilled team in the comp.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:20 am

I think some on here writing off Scharenberg and Freeman is a bit rough, obviously they have had a bad run with injury, ala Ben Reid, but are we to write Reid off as well ?. Lets see what happens when they finally line up, cant judge em if they have not even played.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:51 am

i hate carlton wrote:
If we are going to win the Grannie this year, we need to do better than this.

Love the positivity, keep it coming.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:25 am

I am over this zonal defence crap. You don't win games because you can mimic a seagull. We were playing man on man for a few earlier games and we were playing better footy and were gaining moment. Since we have gone back to the zonal crap we have lost our competitive edge.

How many times do we have to witness a Pies player standing 10m from an opposition player. Then to see the ball kicked to the opposition player who takes an easy uncontested mark. Seconds later the Pies player arrives to stand on the mark and flap his arms in the air. The same is repeated over and over again every game. When we have possession they man up on us, apply pressure and as a result our ball handling skill are appalling.

A member of our coaching staff needs to come to the conclusion that "IT DOES NOT WORK" and go back to man on man football.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:29 am

simon tonna wrote:
massive drop off in posts this week.
can see why when considering last weeks performance.
the fans and the players want the season over.
instead of building momentum for the season finals were
falling of a cliff. the real worrying sign for me is that.
we've had injuries that would cripple any club but we knew
it would take time to get personnel back, however were is
the improvement that one sees even with losing? its not there.
hasn't been for many a game. the improvement of any team
should start with attitude, positive attitude. but that is quickly
lost when you consistently see senior players fumble the ball
or knock it to the opposition and watch it move away quickly to a
spreading attack over and over again. our midfielders are slow and
lack presence, our forwards can not gain any advantage on there
guard with the tripe served up to them for several years now dare
i say and the backs as reliant they are set up next to no run.
buckley can wield the axe all he wants but how can he not see this
coming? i don't go to trainings or see how there prepared but they
the most undrilled team in the comp.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.
Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Troppo 

standing on VB tins in the outer at Vic Park

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:30 pm

^^

Good to see Master Wren knows his Cicero ... or uses Pagemaker, Dreamweaver, Wordpress in his spare time ...

... impressive it's not ... as with the nonsense of a working mens' club going with a Latin expression for its' motto ...

'The question is why would these bastions of blokey, plebeian, “pies and beer” culture, be so keen to promote slogans in an ancient language that no-one understands?

I think the movers and shakers at footy clubs see establishment institutions – governments, universities and posh schools – boasting Latin mottos and desire the same for their little fiefdoms. Marketing departments are scrambling to differentiate their clubs from the pack and to do it with style and panache. Whack in a Latin phrase in your club branding and you suddenly look exclusive. The punters may not understand the words, but they recognise the veneer of class when they see it.

Well, I for one don’t buy it. Collingwood Football Club’s current eagerness to ponce around under the floreat pica banner, brings to mind visions of nouveau riche bogans swilling Grange Hermitage, or young dopes swathed in Aussie Flag capes at Anzac Cove. It’s a pretentious vanity statement. And the problem with vanity statements is they’re usually conceived in ignorance, or worse, a little knowledge.

In fairness to Collingwood, floreat pica has a simple, blunt sentiment. “May the Magpie prosper” is really just a dressed up version of “Carn the Pies”. However, it contains a pretty major flaw. You see, pica refers to the European Magpie (pica pica) - illustrated below'

http://www.footyalmanac.com.au/o-tempora-o-mores-3/

Magpie Tales.jpeg

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:49 pm

I know there were probably 25 issues identified yesterday. In my mind there are four key issues that need to be addressed:
1. Disposal efficiency/Turnovers
2. Lack of effective forward entries/Effective Forward strategy
3. Defense tiring/Lost
4. Attitude, lack of hunger for the contest. Simply the opposition want it more. It was evident against the Dogs, the Hawks, the Suns and horribly bad yesterday.

Individually there are issues everywhere but I feel the "Dane Swan" issue has reached a point where Bucks either needs to explain WTF is going on (eg. why is he not in the middle with Pendles) OR drop him.

Have a look at the stats yesterday... 20 possessions at 55% efficiency (stone cold last).. it's not good enough.

He is not to blame for our performance yesterday but I believe it's reached a point where he is of almost no use to the team - eg. a passenger. I love what he's done for us and I'm not willing to say he's done... but I really think it's time he's given a spell.

While our mids are down the more you look at it the more it seems to stem from the high % of 1st and 2nd year players in our team. Josh Thomas has a few runs on the board but is clearly way below what he produced last year. Grundy, same deal. Langdon isn't doing anything horrible but he's also not producing what he was earlier in the year. Kennedy is a bit up and down. Seedsman off a hugely interrupted preparation. Marley seems to have tapered badly. Adams, tough as nails but I can kick more accurately than he can. Witts... really developing in the ruck and perhaps had a bad day yesterday after a few good ones... so typical of 1st/2nd year players.

Our future is hugely bright but... wow yesterday was embarrassing. At half time yesterday we'd had 5 more inside 50s. Our VFL team kicked 1.11 in the 3rd quarter on Saturday - but at least they still found a way to win. We were 5 goals down at half time... should have been way less.. in fact early we could have easily been up by 2-3 goals. A bit of scoreboard pressure and who knows what happens.

Most disgusted in the last quarter though. No fight, no run, no nothing.

I just hope come the Crows game we see 4-5 changes. Let's see the coaching staff take some risks, give some guys a go who deserve the chance and see what happens.

Grrrrr still angry 20 hours later.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:51 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
I am over this zonal defence crap. You don't win games because you can mimic a seagull. We were playing man on man for a few earlier games and we were playing better footy and were gaining moment. Since we have gone back to the zonal crap we have lost our competitive edge.

How many times do we have to witness a Pies player standing 10m from an opposition player. Then to see the ball kicked to the opposition player who takes an easy uncontested mark. Seconds later the Pies player arrives to stand on the mark and flap his arms in the air. The same is repeated over and over again every game. When we have possession they man up on us, apply pressure and as a result our ball handling skill are appalling.

A member of our coaching staff needs to come to the conclusion that "IT DOES NOT WORK" and go back to man on man football.

100% agree! sick of yelling MAN UP!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:03 pm

think positive wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:

Yes, man on man is as old as the game itself, commonsense really. My late Grandma, loved her footy, loved ol Fitzroy, and shed often say to me way back, "they are not minding their men, that's the trouble". It was true then, and true now, how many Dons players were allowed to mark the ball, without a Magpie in cooee of them. ?? Confused Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:22 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:

Yes, man on man is as old as the game itself, commonsense really. My late Grandma, loved her footy, loved ol Fitzroy, and shed often say to me way back, "they are not minding their men, that's the trouble". It was true then, and true now, how many Dons players were allowed to mark the ball, without a Magpie in cooee of them. ?? Confused Confused

A lot of the freedom they got for their uncontested possessions came because leg speed, they were just quicker than us.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:28 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:

Exactly. I asked the question to Harvey in the Legends Member "ask Harves". That was when we were flying. I asked had they made a conscious decision to play man-on-man since the Freo game. I was surprised my question got a look in. From memory his reply was basically that no, they hadn't really made a conscious decision to go full man-on-man and ditch a zone style of play, and instead had just tweaked a few things. But feck me, from what I can tell we either go full man on man and play well or zone off and get pumped by any team we try it against.

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:08 pm

We havent been playing well for 6 weeks i guess we have hit a wall. If we dont make changes against the crows then i dont know what to say
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:09 pm

Member 7167 wrote:

Kind of obvious isn't it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16   

Jump to: