Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Crows - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^But for finals experience sake, it's good for our kids and a shame to end our finals streak aswell. Not much good in missing finals.

Only positive, is that we play more kids in H&A for experience now. And send any players off for surgery so their ready for next year.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:31 am

Like some of Broomheads kicking to a lead and his speed is sensational.
Leave that boy in has the tools.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:06 pm
Post subject: Re: Post match. Pies down to Crows - All comments.Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
piedys wrote:
Lazza wrote:
piedys wrote:
Donny wrote:
Let's hear ya !!

Yeah come on Sunshine and Lollypop tossers - let's hear about how good we are!

Dyso

Our job is to say it realistically as it is, NOT to change minds like yours set in hard concrete... Rolling Eyes

This is a developing team under Bucks. Ups and downs, good and bad play and totally bloody inconsistent like ALL developing teams.
Will peak in 2016. It is what it is.

But feel free to make up your own minds....... Cool

Onya brother Lazza - somebody had to fly the flag for the S&LPB Surprised

But yes, what you stated is correct in relation to the development process and the multiple season time frame it demands.
Really what shits us SSBs up, is the serial ball slaughterers [senior footballers, not kids], who had an ENTIRE pre-season to work on their disposal deficiences, yet continue to go backwards at a rate of knots because they refuse to improve any skill except contract-negotiation 101.

I hope you're right about 2016, because my patience will have long expired by then. And i doubt i'll be the only burn-out. Sad

And it's not my mind that's set in concrete. It's my head.

Lazza wrote:
This was always going to be a developmental team under Buck's, nothing more nothing less. This team will peak from 2016 onwards.
For those who want instant success, maybe it is worth considering switching your support to the Hawks or the Swans because I reckon this year's flag is between them for sure.

Yes, we saw the Grand Final preview last saturday night.
That should have been obvious, even to Buckley.
So on current form, it really doesn't hurt that much, knowing that teams finishing H&A season at positions 5/6/7/8 are effectively road-kill anyway, and literally "making up the numbers" for the finals. Confused

Dyso

Excellent post dude!! Laughing

Agree with the lot. Their lack of proper execution of football skills under opposition pressure has been almost a season long concern, maybe with the exception of 2 games early on. If I were Bucks, this would be at the top of the "to do" list over summer

If bucks is to work on proper ball execution and opposition pressure this pre season, what the hell was he working on last pre season?
These are basic skills that every afl/vfl clubmen should posses and our coach was the best I've ever seen or played against. The confidence level of our players are at a all time low. I really hope this pre season isn't just another learning guide for a rookie coach.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:14 pm

These questions should be asked of every player on both senior and rookie lists at seasons end individual player interviews.

1) are you prepared to put in the hard-yards, physically, to become an elite AFL player in terms of fitness.
2) are you prepared to put in the hard-yards, in terms of basic football disposal skills, to become an elite user of the football.
3) in terms of both questions above, if not, why not??

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:27 pm

warburton lad wrote:
These questions should be asked of every player on both senior and rookie lists at seasons end:

1) are you prepared to put in the hard-yards, physically, to become an elite AFL player in terms of fitness.
2) are you prepared to put in the hard-yards, in terms of basic football disposal skills, to become an elite user of the football.

Well said. And that's the reason I question Buckley as he's overseen a culture of laziness at our club. The drive and determination that define Buckley as a player doesn't exist in the Buckley coached team.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:16 am

What'sinaname wrote:
warburton lad wrote:
These questions should be asked of every player on both senior and rookie lists at seasons end:

Well said. And that's the reason I question Buckley as he's overseen a culture of laziness at our club. The drive and determination that define Buckley as a player doesn't exist in the Buckley coached team.

Interesting comment as some here adhere to the exact opposit view that Bucks has pushed the players too hard, too early and that as a consequence, fatigue/injuries have set in........ Rolling Eyes
I guess only people within the club would know the correct answer..... Cool
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:10 am

Lazza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
warburton lad wrote:

Interesting comment as some here adhere to the exact opposit view that Bucks has pushed the players too hard, too early and that as a consequence, fatigue/injuries have set in........ Rolling Eyes

Maybe, but I would think that you can commit to be the best you can be, and working on improving yourself without running yourself into the ground every day. If it's fatigue, then our endurance training is massively flawed. It's not like the AFL suddenly decided we'd play 22 games when we'd trained for 14.

43% disposal efficiency in the last three games. That's the laziness, "that'll do" attitude, that's killing us. Sure, Buckley made disposal errors as a player, but I would have thought his career efficiency was closer to 80% than 50%.

If two Collingwood players emulated the Ablett / Johnson video of kicking a footy into a bin, one would have smashed a window and the other kicked the ball on the roof and injured themselves in the process and then been listed as 2-3 weeks.

roar 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:33 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

If two Collingwood players emulated the Ablett / Johnson video of kicking a footy into a bin, one would have smashed a window and the other kicked the ball on the roof and injured themselves in the process and then been listed as 2-3 weeks.

Gold!!!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:15 pm

FFS people, we've been playing a bunch of kids all year. I actually think under bucks leadership and direction we're traveling alright. If we make the finals, well and good, but if not, I'm very confident of our prospects next year and beyond.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:59 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Lazza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
warburton lad wrote:

Maybe, but I would think that you can commit to be the best you can be, and working on improving yourself without running yourself into the ground every day. If it's fatigue, then our endurance training is massively flawed. It's not like the AFL suddenly decided we'd play 22 games when we'd trained for 14.

43% disposal efficiency in the last three games. That's the laziness, "that'll do" attitude, that's killing us. Sure, Buckley made disposal errors as a player, but I would have thought his career efficiency was closer to 80% than 50%.

Where do you get that stat from? Do you mean kicking efficiency? Disposal efficiency we're closer to 70% in the last three games (which to be honest watching the games I can't quite believe).

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:42 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
FFS people, we've been playing a bunch of kids all year. I actually think under bucks leadership and direction we're traveling alright. If we make the finals, well and good, but if not, I'm very confident of our prospects next year and beyond.

In all the posts that I have read finally one that I feel hits the nail on the head! We all know that all it takes is just a few miss matches to swing the game upside down. When you have a bunch of kids playing That risk is even more prevalent. Nothing wrong with the effort on Sunday especially coming back from being well down! I have no doubt things are on the improve, match time as a group is what is needed right now. If we don't make finals well we weren't good enough but we did beat the bloos twice this year!! Razz
Big T 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:53 pm

Watched the replay with a cool head.

We lost cos we got absolutely smashed in the ruck. I like Witts in the forward line, the kid has something special, but he needs help in the middle FFS.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:01 pm

Big T wrote:
Watched the replay with a cool head.

We lost cos we got absolutely smashed in the ruck. I like Witts in the forward line, the kid has something special, but he needs help in the middle FFS.

We need to go after a decent mature ruck for next season.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:08 pm

We have underestimated the importance of a dominant ruckman for 20 years, 20 $£$%^%%$ years!!

Cost us the 02/07 premierships, arguably the 2011 as well.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:30 am

We won the clearances.

We did not lose the game because we were smashed in the ruck.

Witts was beaten in the ruck, by one of the best 2 rucks in the game, but that is not why we lost the game.

It isn't merely overly simplistic, it is flat out wrong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13   

Jump to: