Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Crows - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
I don't think that its that we don't have a game plan, but obviously we are failing miserably in implementing it - and whether its from just not having the tools or the capacity, or the horses for courses is another matter that needs to be sorted out by the coach, if indeed he is capable of that.

Agree - Bucks has a Gameplan but either 1)We don’t have the Players to Implement it or 2)it’s the wrong game plan

the kids are still learning how to execute it.

the game style is quite evident and straight forward - create a contest, win the turnover through numbers at the ball and transition it quickly to the forward line.

Well the Kids do have the Talent but they are still Kids and playing in the VFL.

The Mature Age Recruits we have traded in seem not to have the Skills do that

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:20 pm

From the Adelaide Advertiser:

How ‘winning’ makes the Crows losers

Miles Kemp
The Advertiser
April 15, 2015

THERE is an inescapable secret to the Crows’ perennial failure.

And with a bit of luck they are well on the way again to a fantastic home and away season, which quenches the light thirst of an adoring public following them in their thousands, but only because they have the name Adelaide before their animal totem.

The secret to their failure simply is that they are the club that has already won a city, and doesn’t need to win on the field.

How else is it that a major team from one of Australia’s three AFL capital cities could not make a grand final in almost 20 years. Even the Demons have made a more recent appearance.

The Port Magpies have won a SANFL grand final more recently than the Crows have been in one.

The reason is that when the AFL calls full time on the last quarter of the last round, the winning Adelaide team is always the Crows business franchise.

They were invented to win; most members, most fans, most tickets, most money, most reach, most sponsors. The Crows are winners, year in, year out.

I make this point occasionally to Adelaide’s most famous Port-supporting media identity.

“The Crows have already won, and lack the killer instinct,” I say. “They lack the need to kill to survive’.

“Shhhhhh. Don’t tell anyone,” he says cheekily.

The Crows were invented to cash in on the parochial pride of a city.

They are the team the city fathers and mothers selected to represent them in the national competition.

Their only reason to exist was this, as well as the need to stop the so-called scrubbers from the Port representing our fair city in the competition.

At the end of the 2015 season the Adelaide Crows will have achieved their goals yet again. Game over, victory, who needs a flag?
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:14 pm

Woods wrote:
Uncontested possession stats can be misleading.

Often they are simply opposition sides passing the ball between themselves across the ground looking for an opening to go forward. This clocks up a high number of uncontested possessions for the opposition, but it is actually a tribute to Collingwood's defensive structures, which are preventing an easy path to the opposition's goal.

Have a look at the last quarter of the Pies vs Crows last weekend. There is a five minute patch where the Crows do nothing else but pass the ball by foot amongst themselves. Even the commentators said something like "that'll increase the uncontested possession count".

Oh, I know. The Cows got possession, I got up, put the kettle on, made a cuppa, and when I came back to the couch, they still had the pill! Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12   

Jump to: