Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Port. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm guessing, Witts, Caff and Oxley or Goodyear will miss.

I hope Maynard holds his spot.

Greenwood
Maynard
Ox ... are locks for the bench, the other?..... Confused

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:30 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
Still a strong side, should win comfortably if we bring our recent effort, Pies by over 39.5.

Paying 6/1 and very unlikely mate Laughing

The 6/4 by under 40 is good shopping Cool Wink

Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:21 pm

Source The Herald Sun. Thought it was interesting for some who questions Treloar's disposal.

Pendlebury and Treloar might have become the best Batman and Robin combo in the game in recent weeks.

Efficiency is everything in the modern game, and Pendlebury and Treloar are hurting their rivals, big time.

Pendlebury’s kick rating is +15.5 per cent, ranked No. 2, of all players who average more than 20 possessions a game.

Treloar? +16.3, ranked No.1.

Champion Data’s kick rating is the best measurement of a player’s effectiveness by foot, because it takes into account the pressure the player is under and the difficulty of what they’re trying to attempt.

The easy kicks don’t count for much. The tough ones, do.

And right, now these two have got Collingwood back in business.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:18 am

Bucks 2014, the data is interesting, but I don't think I have ever seen a player as creative as Pendlebury is by hand or foot, at least in terms of being able to locate someone in space and form a picture of the context around that other player. This awareness is so rare that nearly every time he gets it, it is worth two or three possessions because he creates another possession in the chain for someone who is in a better place than he is. He made a few rare mistakes last weekend as the fatigue told, but overall he is freakish. I guess the data cannot really reflect that aspect.

Treloar is a wonderful player but I don't see him as being in the same class for effectiveness by foot.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:29 am

Happy to see Cloke named and somewhat surprised that Toovey isn't going to miss this week after failing the concussion test last week.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:51 am

Apparently Toovey wasn't concussed and he does not seem to have received a hit to the head- they think it was a migraine-like condition. They do not always cause pain, and can be very disorienting for a while.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:06 am

Mugwump wrote:
Apparently Toovey wasn't concussed and he does not seem to have received a hit to the head- they think it was a migraine-like condition. They do not always cause pain, and can be very disorienting for a while.

Which may explain why no one could pin point when he got hit.
It may even explain that bad spoil in the goal square.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:20 am

Having had a look at exposed form of the two teams, you'd reasonably expect Port to win this by 5+ goals. They have averaged 98 points per game, despite low-scoring efforts against GWS in Canberra and Geelong at home. Apart from their poor result against Geelong, they have done better against opposition they have in common with us. Thus, they easily accounted for Richmond, St Kilda, Melbourne, Essendon and Brisbane and lost close games to Carlton (2 points) and West Coast (8 points).

So, in trying to set fair expectations for the players turning out for Collingwood this Sunday, one notes that we kicked 7 goals last week and have brought in a CHF who averages just under 2 goals per game over his career to replace a player who gets half as much of the ball but kicked 2 goals out of last week's 7. So, assuming that Cloke can probably do about as much on the scoreboard as Moore did last week, who will kick the other 7+ additional goals that the 'pies will likely require to win?
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:34 am

They are still guessing in re: to Tooves. This is what I have read yesterday and today. Fellow Pie Alan Toovey had been in doubt after collapsing on the field mid-match last weekend, but Buckley said he was likely to play.

Buckley said Toovey had suffered from delayed concussion symptoms after a couple of hard knocks in the first quarter against the Western Bulldogs.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/travis-cloke-gets-through-training-set-to-return-to-afl-this-weekend-20160602-gp9xg2.html

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:38 am

Woods wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Woods wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Woods wrote:
What you "don't get", it seems, is that its a lot easier for a forward to do his job in the VFL than in the AFL. Cox and Crocker kicking a few goals in the seniors is a world away from Cloke kicking four in the VFL. Apples and oranges. An experienced player like Cloke should have been causing carnage in the VFL.

I disagree. Factor in the reduced quality of the footy and I'd have them on a par. If it was easier we'd have seen guys like Crocker, Moore, Cox, White etc all regularly kicking big bags making them impossible to leave out of the senior team which just doesn't happen. Don't see why we should expect Cloke to. Who was the last forward at VFL level who regularly and routinely kicked bags of goals for us?

Still apples and oranges. Cloke's career is that of an old school power forward - stand somewhere inside 50, take contested marks and covert to goal. That's mainly why Cloke has been in the team all these years. Cox and Crocker are not power forwards. They do a lot of other stuff really well apart from kicking goals.

So only power forwards can take marks and kick bags of goals?

??

What are you talking about? Where in this thread I've said Cloke should kick a bag of goals.

You've got me confused with someone else.

Well if it's not kicking bags of goals I'm interested as to what all this other stuff is that players like Cox and Crocker do so much better than Cloke.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:02 am

They have some serious talent in that forward line . I really hope Frost can step up against Dixon. He has got to suck him in and get him to crack the shits and give away some 50s. Maynard or Marsh will be needed to take on Hartlett. I think Sinclair has got to go to Winguard.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:15 am

jackcass wrote:
Woods wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Woods wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Woods wrote:
What you "don't get", it seems, is that its a lot easier for a forward to do his job in the VFL than in the AFL. Cox and Crocker kicking a few goals in the seniors is a world away from Cloke kicking four in the VFL. Apples and oranges. An experienced player like Cloke should have been causing carnage in the VFL.

I disagree. Factor in the reduced quality of the footy and I'd have them on a par. If it was easier we'd have seen guys like Crocker, Moore, Cox, White etc all regularly kicking big bags making them impossible to leave out of the senior team which just doesn't happen. Don't see why we should expect Cloke to. Who was the last forward at VFL level who regularly and routinely kicked bags of goals for us?

Still apples and oranges. Cloke's career is that of an old school power forward - stand somewhere inside 50, take contested marks and covert to goal. That's mainly why Cloke has been in the team all these years. Cox and Crocker are not power forwards. They do a lot of other stuff really well apart from kicking goals.

So only power forwards can take marks and kick bags of goals?

??

What are you talking about? Where in this thread I've said Cloke should kick a bag of goals.

You've got me confused with someone else.

Well if it's not kicking bags of goals I'm interested as to what all this other stuff is that players like Cox and Crocker do so much better than Cloke.

Why don't you man up and admit you were wrong. I shot your opinion down in flames and you've tried to deflect by bring up this 'bag of goals' argument, which is your line not mine. Why should I take your bait and argue about something that is not my view? You also chose to selectively omit my earlier posts from the nest of posts above, particularly my first response to Matty123.

Your question about what Cox and Crocker do better than Cloke is obvious to you and every other student of the game. So why ask. Another deflection? You just looking for a joust? That's just trolling. Go find a softer target.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:18 am

thompsoc wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Which may explain why no one could pin point when he got hit.
It may even explain that bad spoil in the goal square.

the great mystery. he was looking ok as he was running past sidebottom and 20 secs later it's reported he was coming off the ground.

tn_tooves[1].JPG

tn_tooves[2].JPG

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:56 am

Very interesting JW.
It really is a strange event

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:18 am

Not sure why, but I have very little interest in this game. Maybe it's because we know it will all be about Trav and the media will be predictably pathetic in finding every way to screw him.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 12 of 17   

Jump to: