Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies stone the Crows. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 1:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, Moore wasn’t thrown forward, he put himself there
tbaker 

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 1:49 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Uh, Moore wasn’t thrown forward, he put himself there

And probably when he saw the Adleaide players flooding back time and time again - in that situation it was probbaly the right thing to do

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 2:04 pm

he (Moore) remarked upon this after the game. Noted we where getting beaten in the air and wanted to ensure a contest/chance to score. As opposed to an intercept.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 2:15 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Elliott was instrumental in the last quarter. 7 disposals (second only to Josh Daicos), 5 marks and a lot of hard work. They can't always kick goals but I thought he, Ginnivan and WHE all made telling contested work contributions to the victory.

We mark him hard, so when he doesn’t hit the scoreboard, we tend to sell his efforts short. He was brilliant in the last quarter, particularly providing options further up the ground. “ A lot of hard work “ summed his effort up perfectly. We’re also experiencing a domino effect with all our small forwards, where every week ( Elliot in particular ) is now opposed to bigger stronger opponents while our tall forwards are missing. I don’t think we’re going to see the best of our small forwards again until we get a bit more height and strength in our F50.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 2:26 pm

And while we’re handing out accolades, I thought Quaynor was very good on Rankine. Rankine is as slippery as they come and he doesn’t need many chances to hit the scoreboard. Quaynor read the incoming ball better than Rankine, particularly in the second half when it was all on the line.
It was a fine game on a very damaging opponent.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 2:38 pm

BBHS wrote:
he (Moore) remarked upon this after the game. Noted we where getting beaten in the air and wanted to ensure a contest/chance to score. As opposed to an intercept.

"they were $£$%^%%$ marking everything"!!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 2:39 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Elliott was instrumental in the last quarter. 7 disposals (second only to Josh Daicos), 5 marks and a lot of hard work. They can't always kick goals but I thought he, Ginnivan and WHE all made telling contested work contributions to the victory.

We mark him hard, so when he doesn’t hit the scoreboard, we tend to sell his efforts short. He was brilliant in the last quarter, particularly providing options further up the ground. “ A lot of hard work “ summed his effort up perfectly. We’re also experiencing a domino effect with all our small forwards, where every week ( Elliot in particular ) is now opposed to bigger stronger opponents while our tall forwards are missing. I don’t think we’re going to see the best of our small forwards again until we get a bit more height and strength in our F50.

i agree, not to mention that smack in the eye wouldnt have helped!

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 2:57 pm

piffdog wrote:
Honest question - can this ever be considered deliberate? I’m not sure of the rules around an attacker deliberately conceding a point.

No, the rule specifies that it only applies to a player from the defending team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSY6rysTIsI

Mr Burns 17 

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 3:56 pm

I actually thought Elliott was very good. Ginnivan and Hill also had their moments so no need to panic. All are very clever necessary players. Krueger once again fails to complete a match. They can't persist with him.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 4:11 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
Watching a vid on unpacking the last 2 minutes and Sidey kicking the point

Stats on a goal from kick in with 30 seconds to go 2%

Same stats for a goal taken back to centre and bounced 11%

Sidey won’t say I’ll bet but I have my suspicions

He was gesturing to his leg after the game telling Fly he was knackered and didn’t think he’d make the distance lol

I remember a youtube vid of Jarrod Wade I saw 18 months ago, talking about training for that final minute, when you need your training to do its work for you.

Onya Wadey.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 4:52 pm

A good post Boot.

Our structural problems, with a lack of rucks and KPPs, is clearly the reason teams are getting on top of us for long stretches in games. However, as you point out, our superior fitness enables us to run out games better than our opponents. I also think our deficiencies in the air, ultimately lead us to play a more run and carry game, when everything is on the line, in the knowledge that we've already run the opposition into the ground. Perhaps, the game plan could be akin to Muhammed Ali's old 'rope a dope' tactic, he employed so famously against George Foreman in Zaire (now the Congo), way back in 1974. In that famous heavy weight title fight, Foreman completely dominated Ali for 7 rounds, with Ali simply absorbing the punishment, leaning back on the ring side ropes, until Foreman was exhausted from throwing so many punches at Ali. All of a sudden, Ali sprang to life in the 8th round, bouncing off the ropes and throwing a flurry of punches including a knockout blow to Foreman.

I'm not suggesting we deliberately let other teams dominate us early on in games, but perhaps other teams exhaust themselves trying to get on top of us for large parts of games, and by the last quarter, our superior fitness, combined with our will to win and supreme confidence comes to the fore, enabling us to run over the opposition. To some degree, it means that our incredible last quarters, are, to a large degree, products of the previous 3 quarters.

Last edited by RudeBoy on Mon May 01, 2023 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 4:53 pm

I’ve watched the game over and really we shouldn’t have been in a position to win
Adelaide wasted at least 7 goals with poor shots on goals
Now that’s there problem not ours but it hurt them come the 4th quarter
Now to us
Reading the posts there’s a spread of comments about various players on various occasions
I think the real value in our players can be summed up in a single term
TEAM
Players are asked to play roles which change not just week to week but quarter to quarter
They do so without question and do it to there best
They aren’t seeking personally glory nor worrying about personal stats
They just do the job asked of them
I won’t highlight the instances of each that’s been done but I want to mention just a couple of these
Frampton he’s done enough to prove his value 10 times over thus far. He’s playing a position he wasn’t recruited for but he’s giving his everything and giving us a chance of at least having a contest. He’s getting forward and brining balls to ground and back to plug holes. His second efforts around stoppages are awesome as well
McCreery his speed and doggedness underlines what this team does. Get to every contest and do whatever it takes to win the ball back or at a minimum give other players time to get back and help. I want to see him in the midfield more and more because his pressure or perceived pressure makes opponents nervous
Finally Checkers. Is there a player with a bigger heart ? His undersized as a key forward but he contests every chance he gets. He puts his body on the line every week without fear. He brings his team mates into the game whenever he can and he kicks goal’s regularly enough to keep us in the game

You could mention each and every player who’s worn the jersey this year they’ve all had a moment or moments
The coaching staff have done a incredible job
piffdog 

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 5:54 pm

David wrote:
piffdog wrote:
Honest question - can this ever be considered deliberate? I’m not sure of the rules around an attacker deliberately conceding a point.

No, the rule specifies that it only applies to a player from the defending team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSY6rysTIsI

Thanks David - appreciate you digging that out.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 6:21 pm

Just watched the final quarter again. I know others have paid tribute to Noble's brilliance in that final quarter. I wanted to pay mine as well. Not just the incredible goal at the end, but in defence as well. He has become a brilliant player: highly skilled, electric in pace and energy, and with just incredible physical courage. Worth more than his weight in gold (because he doesn't weigh much).
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 6:32 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
And while we’re handing out accolades, I thought Quaynor was very good on Rankine. Rankine is as slippery as they come and he doesn’t need many chances to hit the scoreboard. Quaynor read the incoming ball better than Rankine, particularly in the second half when it was all on the line.
It was a fine game on a very damaging opponent.

Yes, I saw that too. IQ kept Rankine's influence down to an absolute minimum. In his frustration, Rankine was reduced to pathetic acts like trying to rough up Noble some more after he had almost had his head taken off by a Crows player. Bruzzy immediately put him back in his box.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16   

Jump to: