Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Would you quit the Pies if MM gets another contract ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Geek wrote:
Stalinism... pfft... If the club's situation was anything lie Stalinism it would have ensured that your last mortal memory would be of watching the murder and desecration of your family members for but a fraction of the things you've said over the time.

It's a footy club for god's sakes. A big, prominent one with a huge turnover, (Or at least.... Lot's of turnovers, often under little pressure) but still just a club. A club not being run, incidentally, by some ruthless dictator who crushes all dissent.

Jack: my view on the AFL is that it is more and more a production, with our club continually playing to the drama queens in its midst.

Suggesting that McGuire/Collingwood could learn lessons from possibly the most repressive and brutalising regimes of the 20th century is just another example of that hysteria.

Even though playing away to Werribee could be considered Siberia, I'm pretty sure that Eddie/Mick hasn't been responsible for forced labour camps, disappearances and executions on those who don't confirm. Pretty sure that they don't have the populace quaking in fear at the very mention of their name.

There is no reign of terror that squashes dissent. Fairly sure that the "loyalists" are guilty of attacking you as you often condescend to them and you know what? That's debate for you but you see their right to get uptight and fight you back is an example of some sort of repression.

Just doesn't add up mate.

Anyway apart form all that, yeah I think we should move Mick on and I don't like the idea of having him fired and coaching out the year. We do have some bloody good cattle, but I don't think Mick will get them to the prize. I think that we are stagnating and that a fresh broom through the place will work wonders. It would cost us matches this year, when we are only 2 games from 4th, but I don't like our chances of beating at least 2 of those late in september with the squad playing like it is now.

If Eddie keeps Mick on next year, then I won't be happy. If someone then formed a realistic ticket for the Presidency (and at least had the balls to run against Eddie and not piss around until he's ready to stand aside), then I'd be very interested in what they had to say. Considering I will be sticking with the club I'll have my share in influencing that decision.

By the way Jack. Your avitar seems to call for revolution. Would that be like the one that led to Stalin? Or Pinochet? What about that nice guy from Indonesia?

Geek, In all fairness, i strongly think our Jack was using Stalinism as an analogy only, just more or less saying that Eddie and Co rule Lexus pretty rigidly, and no dissent is tolerated. Jack would not have been using the horrors and brutality of the Stalin regime to in any way equate it with a footy club, surely you can see he just used it as a somewhat cynical exercise, not in any way comparing eddie to stalin. I cant believe you took him so seriously, its called black satire mate. Nobody would use the horror of a dictatorship as compared to a football cllub, its just not on. Rolling Eyes

In other words you're agreeing its a bullshit analogy with little or no substance then? - If its not accurate, its crap and I call it manipulative crap at that. Even more so since no evidence is actually offered to prove that "that Eddie and Co rule Lexus pretty rigidly, and no dissent is tolerated.". Its not "black satire" - its bullshit plain and simple and you fall for it hook, line and sinker! Idea

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:27 pm

jack_spain wrote:
sq3 wrote:
Mr Smith Goes To C'Wood wrote:
Yes, we need to go after Malcolm X Blight. Wink

Laughing

You're good Mr Smith, you're very bloody good. Laughing

BTW everyone, I was thinking more The Beatles (the song) rather than Stalin when it comes to the revolution. Wink

Have a listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imb4tYOk8GE

The lesson from history is that Stalin hijacked the October Revolution when Lenin carked it and turned it into his own private despotic state. He operated on five year plans.

I figure that Eddie has now almost completed the end of his second five year plan and failed to come up apples. And some people want Malthouse for another five years to do what he hasn't been able to do for ten years.

God help us! Laughing

[BTW God is a Man U supporter. Wink Wink ]

Ahem, the "lesson from history" was that the first Five Year Plan was devised under Lenin.

I derive a different lesson from history whenever I read your posts - I see a jumped up little man named Benito who believed his own rhetoric, was able to manipulate people, did a lot of harm and little good, and came to a well deserved and sticky end. The only difference was that Benito had powerful friends - whereas I'd say your friends are as inefectual as you are. Funny things, the lessons of history....

And you know what? I'd like to see Mick get another two years - just to piss you off! - It would be hilarious to read and see your impotent rage ejaculating all over webspace! Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil

DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:29 pm

after looking at the selected side this week, i think MM wants out.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:41 pm

DaVe86 wrote:

After looking at the thread on the team, I'd say a lot of fans do...

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:21 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
DaVe86 wrote:

After looking at the thread on the team, I'd say a lot of fans do...

Ronnie your undying loyalty to MM is not being rewarded. When will you admit he's as mad as a hatter and you better get with the program for 2010 under a new coach.

Fume all you like! The biggest argument against MM getting his contract renewed is this week's team against the Weagles. Now that IS embarrassing. Embarassed
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:26 pm

Not as embarrassing as your blitzing of the BB this week with total self-indulgent rubbish Jack.
Give us a break; we've heard your tom-tom message.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:33 pm

Hey Jack, do you get more excited over a win, or some bit of almost credible ammunition for your war on MM? The naming of Leigh Brown seems to have driven you into a frenzy of activity, can't remember the last time a win did the same.
torpdaics 

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:51 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
sq3 wrote:
Mr Smith Goes To C'Wood wrote:
Yes, we need to go after Malcolm X Blight. Wink

Laughing

You're good Mr Smith, you're very bloody good. Laughing

BTW everyone, I was thinking more The Beatles (the song) rather than Stalin when it comes to the revolution. Wink

Have a listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imb4tYOk8GE

The lesson from history is that Stalin hijacked the October Revolution when Lenin carked it and turned it into his own private despotic state. He operated on five year plans.

I figure that Eddie has now almost completed the end of his second five year plan and failed to come up apples. And some people want Malthouse for another five years to do what he hasn't been able to do for ten years.

God help us! Laughing

[BTW God is a Man U supporter. Wink Wink ]

Ahem, the "lesson from history" was that the first Five Year Plan was devised under Lenin.

I derive a different lesson from history whenever I read your posts - I see a jumped up little man named Benito who believed his own rhetoric, was able to manipulate people, did a lot of harm and little good, and came to a well deserved and sticky end. The only difference was that Benito had powerful friends - whereas I'd say your friends are as inefectual as you are. Funny things, the lessons of history....

And you know what? I'd like to see Mick get another two years - just to piss you off! - It would be hilarious to read and see your impotent rage ejaculating all over webspace! Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil

History will show on this board that you have an infatuation with MM and have this need to protect him at all costs. If that suits you then that is for you to deal with but don't expect others to have the same undying affection for him and break out into a childish fit because you don't like what you read.
Get to grips with the fact that the coach will go at some stage whether this year, next year or for your sake, as you put it, in two years time just so you can piss a fellow Collingwood supporter off.

What do you say to this sort of stuff?....
"It would be hilarious to read and see your impotent rage ejaculating all over webspace!"...
You embarrass yourself with this sort of rubbish.
mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:02 pm

If you dont wanna support the club.. then phuck off.
----------
------------
Pommie_Magpie Gemini

2010 in the bag... now for 2011

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:19 pm

Nope... I'd stick with them no matter what...

Highs... lows.... Wins.... Losses...

Laughter and tears

I love this club, thats whys its so bloody upsetting when stuff like this happens, but to quit the club it would never happen.

That probably makes me a glutton for punishment... so be it....

Doesn't stop me getting pissed off with the selections, performances etc, but hey thats all part of supporting the team you love

sigh... and this from a pommie bastard that has only been following the game for 10 years...... Rolling Eyes

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:33 pm

David wrote:
This thread title should be reworded:

Are you a Collingwood supporter?

What a f***ing disgrace, just because some of us can't bear the prospect of sitting through more years sans flag and have the gumption to ask appropriate questions ... and the we get sanctimonious clowns like you questioning our support.

Go and get well and truly rooted!!!!

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:34 pm

bwphantom wrote:
To all you posters on here that will Leave the Club if MM is re-contracted.

Please do not slam the door on the way out, none of you will be missed.

If enough of us go, you'll notice the difference.

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:42 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Hey Jack, do you get more excited over a win, or some bit of almost credible ammunition for your war on MM? The naming of Leigh Brown seems to have driven you into a frenzy of activity, can't remember the last time a win did the same.

Ol' Jackie loves a loss. It gives him about four days of faux outrage until he turns his mind to the next item of Anti EM/Anti MM spin. The Leigh Brown bandwagon is just one of the latest he's jumped on and whipping along....

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:20 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Ol' Jackie loves a loss. It gives him about four days of faux outrage until he turns his mind to the next item of Anti EM/Anti MM spin. The Leigh Brown bandwagon is just one of the latest he's jumped on and whipping along....

Ronnie, surely to god even you are dumbfounded by MM still persisting with L Brown in the side, maybe the worst player ever to grace a blackn white jumper? Surely even you are now having doubts about MM on that score alone ?? And,when we get royally done by the Weagles ,as we will now(still no Dawes) how are you going to spin it then, you are fast running out of excuses for your pinup boy MM. The times mate, they are a changing. Confused Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:29 pm

dalyc wrote:
David wrote:
This thread title should be reworded:

Are you a Collingwood supporter?

What a f***ing disgrace, just because some of us can't bear the prospect of sitting through more years sans flag and have the gumption to ask appropriate questions ... and the we get sanctimonious clowns like you questioning our support.

Go and get well and truly rooted!!!!

I reiterate my point that a true supporter would not stop following Collingwood simply because they disagree with the choice of coach.

Interesting hypothetical: if a genie appeared and informed you that Collingwood was not going to win the flag this year or next, would you stop supporting the team for a couple of seasons? There's no right or wrong answer, I'm just curious.

BTW, your last suggestion is excellent and it is advice that I will try and take on board immediately.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14   

Jump to: