Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Bombers thump Pies - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Man-on-man is simply the worst defensive strategy there is with our list. Do it and we don't win another game.

We need to play the zone, but importantly, stop overcommitting 3 players to the same contest leaving 1-2 opposition players free to accept the ball and move it forward.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:28 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Man-on-man is simply the worst defensive strategy there is with our list. Do it and we don't win another game.

We need to play the zone, but importantly, stop overcommitting 3 players to the same contest leaving 1-2 opposition players free to accept the ball and move it forward.

True, but the dons just had too many blokes way out on their own, too much freedom, its not rocket science, see a loose bloke, pick the bastard up. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:49 pm

We hit critical mass yesterday. Every weakness that our team and individual players have were uprooted and put on full show by the Dons. They ran, tackled and pressured hard all night, we crumbled. Our slow mids couldn't catch them nor could break away. Our young defense is tired and with not enough experienced and fit support was crushed. No forwards inside 50 all night......htf can we score? Witts & White showed no strength in any key pack contests. Flat trackers we are with soft underbellies. Ball butchers everywhere, no class, speed, balls or heart. What the hell is going on? Do any of us even recognize this as a Collingwood team? Shameful performance but I fear plenty more will come.

MONCO: Your life.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:19 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
I don't know what's more disgraceful; the performance the side put in today, or the gall, the unmitigated bloody gall, of some posters coming on here and pissing and moaning about trolls posting negative stuff.

This club is in crisis, and the sooner major changes are made the closer we will be to our next flag

Well said. But in your heart of hearts mate do you really think this club can get ahead with so many supporters who seem to relish mediocrity year after year? They must, because as you say, when you do critcise the club they throw that inane slogan Side by Side back at you. I am more than happy to accept the idea of Side by Side, but only if the players and coaching staff show a bit of gumption themselves.

Sadly I have seen this scenario played out every single decade since the 1960s. No sooner do we win a very bloody rare flag (1990 and 2010), and it's back to mediocrity (which seems to be our default setting in the modern era). I expect it will be another 20 years before we fluke another one too. Rolling Eyes

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:48 pm

We've never had chemistry under Bucks, sooner he goes the better.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:06 pm

collie dog wrote:
I don't know what's more disgraceful; the performance the side put in today, or the gall, the unmitigated bloody gall, of some posters coming on here and pissing and moaning about trolls posting negative stuff.

This club is in crisis, and the sooner major changes are made the closer we will be to our next flag

Well said. But in your heart of hearts mate do you really think this club can get ahead with so many supporters who seem to relish mediocrity year after year? They must, because as you say, when you do critcise the club they throw that inane slogan Side by Side back at you. I am more than happy to accept the idea of Side by Side, but only if the players and coaching staff show a bit of gumption themselves.

Sadly I have seen this scenario played out every single decade since the 1960s. No sooner do we win a very bloody rare flag (1990 and 2010), and it's back to mediocrity (which seems to be our default setting in the modern era). I expect it will be another 20 years before we fluke another one too. Rolling Eyes

And do you seriously think that what we as supporters do or do not accept has anything at all to do with how the club performs on the field?

You're just some random guy on the internet, just like me. You are completely irrelevant to Collingwood's short and long term form, just like I am. Get over yourself.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:12 pm

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
collie dog wrote:

And do you seriously think that what we as supporters do or do not accept has anything at all to do with how the club performs on the field?

You're just some random guy on the internet, just like me. You are completely irrelevant to Collingwood's short and long term form, just like I am. Get over yourself.

we haven't had the mud of mediocrity being flung for some time now. what a ridiculous notion it is that there is an acceptance of mediocrity by either the club or its supporters and fan base. spindog revels in these types of moments.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:58 pm

^ Lord only knows how theyd be if they barracked for the hapless and premiership and finals, starved doggies, saints, and dees. !

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:26 pm

^ The only suckers to pick those teams are those who are brainwashing their kids to follow the same club as them.

No kid in their right mind would pick these clubs to follow right off the bat as they're failures!

Growing up in Footscray as a kid (70s & 80s) I remember a teacher asking me why I didn't barrack for Footscray since I was born & raised there.

My simple answer to her was: 'Cause they're shit!

And the funny thing is, nothing's changed!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:54 pm

woftam wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
I am over this zonal defence crap. You don't win games because you can mimic a seagull. We were playing man on man for a few earlier games and we were playing better footy and were gaining moment. Since we have gone back to the zonal crap we have lost our competitive edge.

How many times do we have to witness a Pies player standing 10m from an opposition player. Then to see the ball kicked to the opposition player who takes an easy uncontested mark. Seconds later the Pies player arrives to stand on the mark and flap his arms in the air. The same is repeated over and over again every game. When we have possession they man up on us, apply pressure and as a result our ball handling skill are appalling.

A member of our coaching staff needs to come to the conclusion that "IT DOES NOT WORK" and go back to man on man football.

Kind of obvious isn't it?

We went more man on man at times during the game and it allowed them to move the ball the length of the ground taking easy uncontested lead up marks.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:22 pm

Defender wrote:

Hmm good point, considering the amount of chemistry going on at the team we just played

Man those old legs sure ran it out well

Just sayin

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:35 pm

think positive wrote:
Defender wrote:

Hmm good point, considering the amount of chemistry going on at the team we just played

Just sayin

Actually not much difference in the profile of the squads. They were 5-6 months older, about +10 games per, had 1 less U50 gamer but + a few 50-100 gamers.

Sorry, I know that doesn't help, looked there myself Sad
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:32 am

think positive wrote:
Defender wrote:

Just sayin

Yeh, the Peptides started kickin in for sure, and away they went, the Dons on a HIGH. !! Razz Razz

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:34 am

He wrote "Total Recall", "Man in the High Castle", and "Blade Runner. "
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:07 pm

jackcass wrote:
woftam wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
I am over this zonal defence crap. You don't win games because you can mimic a seagull. We were playing man on man for a few earlier games and we were playing better footy and were gaining moment. Since we have gone back to the zonal crap we have lost our competitive edge.

How many times do we have to witness a Pies player standing 10m from an opposition player. Then to see the ball kicked to the opposition player who takes an easy uncontested mark. Seconds later the Pies player arrives to stand on the mark and flap his arms in the air. The same is repeated over and over again every game. When we have possession they man up on us, apply pressure and as a result our ball handling skill are appalling.

A member of our coaching staff needs to come to the conclusion that "IT DOES NOT WORK" and go back to man on man football.

Kind of obvious isn't it?

We went more man on man at times during the game and it allowed them to move the ball the length of the ground taking easy uncontested lead up marks.

They took uncontested marks most of the time because we let them be by themselves. The ones that got bunt off on the lead only gave token resistance. None of those efforts were a legitamate attempt to spoil & turn the ball over. The effort just was not there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16   

Jump to: