Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Not happy Pies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Defender wrote:

Buckley brought in spuds like Lynch-Young-Russel-Armstrong, he went to the draft because the cap was full, now he's got a hard on for b graders again, he is completely destroying our list, he is blowing any chance we had of Danger or Sloan next year because he's more interested in his own self preservation, he knows full well it's make or break time now, and the fact is our list just isn't up to it.

Spot on defender

Also add in that the jury is well and truly out on:
White and Karnezis.

The plan is working so well we are wasting time and/or dollars taking discards Greenwood and Varcoe and Crisps.

Bucks is all in with 8-5 unsuited.
Fold that 2015 hand Bucks and get a fresh set.

I'll remind you that MM recruited a host of washed up Eagle duds like Rintoul, Morrison, Cummings and another whose name I've forgotten.

don't mention the war!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:42 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Rudeboy, I think you forgot Andrew Williams?

I think we've all tried to!
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:44 pm

jackcass wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

I think we've all tried to!

I think even Andrew forgot Andrew after that hit he took (vs Sydney?).
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:45 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
So, we'll see how pick 21 goes compared to Crisp in the next few years given we baulked 5, 21 and 25 in favour on 5, 25 and Crisp

At least get your facts right... just once... we suggested 5,21,25, Brisbane declined. Pick 21 was never in play in our Beams negotiations.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:20 pm

jackcass wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
So, we'll see how pick 21 goes compared to Crisp in the next few years given we baulked 5, 21 and 25 in favour on 5, 25 and Crisp

At least get your facts right... just once... we suggested 5,21,25, Brisbane declined. Pick 21 was never in play in our Beams negotiations.

Schwab said Friday that this deal was on the table briefly and we said no. Then they took it off to trade 21 elsewhere.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:27 pm

Some posters here have gone too far in calling the incoming players discards. Fair enough you don't like the changes but please stick to objective argument rather than emotive over the top statements.

1) Greenwood was third in NM best and fairest. He rejected an offer on the table from North. He could have chosen more money to go to WB but chose us.
2) Crisp put his hand up to leave Brisbane and return to Melbourne. He was a contracted player at Brisbane, who had he stayed, would have been more of a chance to play senior footy next year than Dayne Beam's brother.
3) Varcoe rejected an offer to go to NM to come to Collingwood

Of the above players, Greenwood is a seasoned mid with a strong body to compete at contested situations. It not replacing like for like, as Beams is that silky smooth mid with a great foot who can contribute to goals. Greenwood doesn't offer that, but he does meet that requirement of providing another seasoned body at the contest.

Crisp is a tall running mid, is good at contested footy and plugs a hole at the stoppages, where last season, we didn't have enough strong bodies at the contest.

Varcoe played his best football at half back for Geelong last season. He can come into the side either as a replacement for Lumumba at half back (although Lumumba played most of his footy on the wing last season), or play as another small forward which we lack, to help out Elliot.

None of the above players are A-graders. All have their strengths and weakness. Both Crisp and Greenwood have less than average disposal efficiency, so both need to work on their kicking over summer.

Whether we come out ahead or behind the Beams deal, depends on the player we select with the pick 5 selection we get from Brisbane. Get it right, people will be praising Collingwood for the deft decision to trade Beams to Brisbane (which in any case was forced upon us).
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:47 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
jackcass wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Schwab said Friday that this deal was on the table briefly and we said no. Then they took it off to trade 21 elsewhere.

The Magpies asked for pick 21 once it was secured but the Lions kept it to use for the star Cat.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-10/lions-wont-up-beams-offer
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:18 pm

This whole saga has been nothing more than a joke and a big one on us. Briscum took the piss all fortnight and we talked the talk but couldn't walk the walk. They knew they could shaft us and did. Did we even give them a sympathy pick in the 40s or 60s? If so, why? I don't care if we can't use it, I'd rather keep it and pass on it than give it to that scum.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:47 pm

The club just sent me, all Members, a video of highlights of both Varcoe and Greenwood, their highlights, and I was very impressed with both. ! Varcoe was shown kicking some gem goals, two against us -the nightmare 2011 GF ??- he looked fast, quick and elusive, we can use that. Greenwood looked solid, and pick five, well, who knows, what with Moore, a fresh Scharenberg, Freeman, and pick 5 could be a real star, I think the future looks very rosey indeed. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:17 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Indeed! Thanks. Wink

He eventually returned to Victoria in 2003 when he was traded to Collingwood in return for Damien Adkins. Williams had a solid first year for the Magpies, playing 22 games before suffering injury in the Qualifying Final against Brisbane.

Kicked a lot of goals too as I recall.

WIN !!

I've slagged him off constantly through the years, but he was never short on ticker. Would have been handy on GF day

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Rexy17 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:35 pm

John Wren wrote:
pick 21 is now in st kilda's hands.

Stanley or Crisp.....I know who I would have and he aint at Geelong

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:57 pm

When Nick Davis wanted out all those years ago, Eddie said: If you don't want to play for Collingwood then you can leave.

Beams and H wanted out, so see ya later.

Daisy too. We could have matched the scum's offer but I'm bloody glad we didn't.

Given H and Beams were gone anyway, I think we've done well in the wash-up.

Add a young gun in Pick 5 and I'm genuinely excited about our prospects next year.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:58 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Indeed! Thanks. Wink

He eventually returned to Victoria in 2003 when he was traded to Collingwood in return for Damien Adkins. Williams had a solid first year for the Magpies, playing 22 games before suffering injury in the Qualifying Final against Brisbane.

Kicked a lot of goals too as I recall.

WIN !!

I've slagged him off constantly through the years, but he was never short on ticker. Would have been handy on GF day

Anthony Rocca would've been handier Wink
blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:35 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
The club just sent me, all Members, a video of highlights of both Varcoe and Greenwood, their highlights, and I was very impressed with both. ! Varcoe was shown kicking some gem goals, two against us -the nightmare 2011 GF ??- he looked fast, quick and elusive, we can use that. Greenwood looked solid, and pick five, well, who knows, what with Moore, a fresh Scharenberg, Freeman, and pick 5 could be a real star, I think the future looks very rosey indeed. !

If anyone is a club plant on this site my vote definitely goes to you.

Everything is always sugar and roses with you. No questioning of the club's approach or criticism can ever be tolerated.

We could trade Pendles for Pick 10 and you'd find a way to denigrate the record of Pendles and/or paint the decision as a win for the Pies.

Also, for those Beams history re-writers (which I'm sure you probably are as well), ordinary players don't win Copelands, 3AW AFL Player of the year (2012) and finish 4th in the MVP (2012 also), probably the most prestigious award in the game. If he wanted big dollars then we should've done everything possible to cater for him.

The poor man management skills of our current coach, where conformity of personality seems to be the mantra is more than likely the reason for our No. 2 player deciding he doesn't want to stay. That is a fail on our club, no matter how anyone wants to spin it.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:41 pm

blackandwhite4life wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

If anyone is a club plant on this site my vote definitely goes to you.

Everything is always sugar and roses with you. No questioning of the club's approach or criticism can ever be tolerated.

We could trade Pendles for Pick 10 and you'd find a way to denigrate the record of Pendles and/or paint the decision as a win for the Pies.

Also, for those Beams history re-writers (which I'm sure you probably are as well), ordinary players don't win Copelands, 3AW AFL Player of the year (2012) and finish 4th in the MVP (2012 also), probably the most prestigious award in the game. If he wanted big dollars then we should've done everything possible to cater for him.

The poor man management skills of our current coach, where conformity of personality seems to be the mantra is more than likely the reason for our No. 2 player deciding he doesn't want to stay. That is a fail on our club, no matter how anyone wants to spin it.

So since you're accuractely recording history, how did Beams go in the 2010 drawn GF and in the 2010 GF replay?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 13 of 18   

Jump to: