Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Port. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Woods wrote:
Why don't you man up and admit you were wrong. I shot your opinion down in flames and you've tried to deflect by bring up this 'bag of goals' argument, which is your line not mine. Why should I take your bait and argue about something that is not my view? You also chose to selectively omit my earlier posts from the nest of posts above, particularly my first response to Matty123.

Your question about what Cox and Crocker do better than Cloke is obvious to you and every other student of the game. So why ask. Another deflection? You just looking for a joust? That's just trolling. Go find a softer target.

Wrong? You've yet to show anything let alone that I'm wrong. Having an opinion that doesn't accord with yours doesn't make me wrong. As to the deleting previous posts, it's done to reduce the size of the posts. If you feel that I've done you some injustice by doing so please quote the relevant portions.

What Cox and Crocker apparently do better than Cloke is obvious according to you but apparently not to all. I eagerly await the list of what these things are.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:34 pm

John Wren wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Apparently Toovey wasn't concussed and he does not seem to have received a hit to the head- they think it was a migraine-like condition. They do not always cause pain, and can be very disorienting for a while.

Which may explain why no one could pin point when he got hit.
It may even explain that bad spoil in the goal square.

the great mystery. he was looking ok as he was running past sidebottom and 20 secs later it's reported he was coming off the ground.

I knew it I bloody knew it. It was sidebottoms fault again he even injures his own team mates without needing the ball to do so
Surely this is enough evidence to have him sacked and traded away
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:00 pm

jackcass wrote:
What Cox and Crocker apparently do better than Cloke is obvious according to you but apparently not to all. I eagerly await the list of what these things are.

Yeah I must admit this has got me totally bloody stuffed........ Rolling Eyes

What DO Cox and Crocker do better than Cloke at the moment?

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:26 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

That's a easy one Lazza
They played senior football last week and the week before
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:31 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Seriously Lazza it was never about kicking goals and taking marks that he was dropped for.
According to the coach he wasn't playing within the team structures and doing the 1%ers required. Coupled with very poor body language and a perceived lack of desire for the contest
I remember Bucks saying Travis isn't enjoying his football and he needs to find that love and passion that made him so great.
I mentioned when he was first dropped I wonder how much the nude picture scandal had affected his home life and that was affecting his on field commitment
He seemed to be just going through the paces
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:48 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Selection alphabetically? Cloke first, then Cox, then Crocker... easy as ABC really...

Oh, and they can kick a set shot goal from 10m out directly in front. Wink
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:13 pm

jackcass wrote:
Woods wrote:
Why don't you man up and admit you were wrong. I shot your opinion down in flames and you've tried to deflect by bring up this 'bag of goals' argument, which is your line not mine. Why should I take your bait and argue about something that is not my view? You also chose to selectively omit my earlier posts from the nest of posts above, particularly my first response to Matty123.

Your question about what Cox and Crocker do better than Cloke is obvious to you and every other student of the game. So why ask. Another deflection? You just looking for a joust? That's just trolling. Go find a softer target.

Wrong? You've yet to show anything let alone that I'm wrong. Having an opinion that doesn't accord with yours doesn't make me wrong. As to the deleting previous posts, it's done to reduce the size of the posts. If you feel that I've done you some injustice by doing so please quote the relevant portions.

Cox positions himself well near goals, rather than regularly running to the boundary as Cloke often does. Cox is a good second ruckman, unlike Cloke. Cox is a more reliable kick for goal, unlike Cloke who misses from 10 metres directly in front. As for Crocker, he is playing a mid/small forward role, so should not be compared to Cloke imo.

Despite all this, at his best, or even close to it, Cloke is a much better mark, is more mobile and would seem to have a bigger engine than Cox. So while I've been one of Cloke's harshest critics on Nicks, I'd be the first to admit that at his best, Cloke is an automatic inclusion in our team. I hope that's what we'll see at the MCG on Sunday.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:23 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Cox positions himself well near goals, rather than regularly running to the boundary as Cloke often does. Cox is a good second ruckman, unlike Cloke. Cox is a more reliable kick for goal, unlike Cloke who misses from 10 metres directly in front. As for Crocker, he is playing a mid/small forward role, so should not be compared to Cloke imo.

Despite all this, at his best, or even close to it, Cloke is a much better mark, is more mobile and would seem to have a bigger engine than Cox. So while I've been one of Cloke's harshest critics on Nicks, I'd be the first to admit that at his best, Cloke is an automatic inclusion in our team. I hope that's what we'll see at the MCG on Sunday.

Seriously good reply.

I hope he contributes on the field towards a Collingwood win irrespective of how many goals he kicks or how many bloody marks he takes. Goal assists, 1%'s, tackling, chasing, putting lots of pressure on their defenders etc etc.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:25 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Seriously Lazza it was never about kicking goals and taking marks that he was dropped for.
According to the coach he wasn't playing within the team structures and doing the 1%ers required. Coupled with very poor body language and a perceived lack of desire for the contest
I remember Bucks saying Travis isn't enjoying his football and he needs to find that love and passion that made him so great.
I mentioned when he was first dropped I wonder how much the nude picture scandal had affected his home life and that was affecting his on field commitment
He seemed to be just going through the paces

Yeah point taken qldmagpie67.

I just hope he contributes to a win. Simply, that's all I want from him on Sunday.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:54 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Woods wrote:

Thanx Rudey, all valid points agree with some, disagree with others.

This all came about because I questioned claims that "its a lot easier for a forward to do his job in the VFL than in the AFL" and that "an experienced player like Cloke should have been causing carnage in the VFL" which I disagreed with, suggesting that if it was easier we'd see lots of players kicking bags of goals at VFL level which we don't. Used White, Cox, Crocker as examples of players who haven't done it.

My main issue was that we should hold any player to a higher standard than we do others or establish unrealistic expectations. Factor in the reduced quality of VFL footy which impacts everything like ball movement and delivery, I'd say that rather than being easier, it's more likely equivalent. And what constitutes carnage and who is the arbiter.

It wasn't my intention to compare and contrast these players, just where the discussion went as the issue was neatly sidestepped without being adequately answered, all apparently because I was wrong.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:17 pm

Terry Wallace has tipped us, so that's good enough for me, so its the Pies by around 23 points, and Clokey will boot three snags. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:56 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Terry Wallace has tipped us, so that's good enough for me, so its the Pies by around 23 points, and Clokey will boot three snags. !

That's good enough for me too. I hope Clokey sticks it right up his critics, like me, and smashes the packs and kicks a few goals.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:07 pm

final team for sunday:

caff, witts and marsh are the emergenices.
greenwood, goodyear, maynard and oxley are the bench for now.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:22 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

They try.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Gonzalo 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:25 pm

Watch Brodbent come in and play unchecked and have 30 plus uncontested disposals like he did last year. If you rate Buckley as a coach (only the biggest fanibois do now) you will seem him repeat mistake after mistake and fail to learn from it.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 13 of 17   

Jump to: