Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Grand Final. Sweet 16. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies2016 wrote:
I know this flag is all about the players, it always is but I can’t help but think the coaching group were the difference in this finals campaign.
We hadn’t beaten this mob for a couple years, we couldn’t kick over 60 points to win finals and the Lions rocked up with one of the most potent forward lines in recent history. Then there’s the personnel changes two weeks out. We lose Adams and McStay and then Murphy early in the game. To turn all that around and kick 90 points on the day and get it done is further testament to just how good this coaching group and sports science team really is.
Congratulations to Fly and his pit crew, Graham Wright, the mastermind, Derek Hine and his recruiting team, Jacqui Louder and Jarod Wade and his fitness team. You are officially the best in the business !

I said it at the time when Brisbane beat us at Marvel that it felt like we were foxing 🦊 , not showing our cards up our sleeves for the finals, and tinkering because we had top spot sewn up. Fly said as much. He, Lepa, Bolts, Skippy have been incredible. And Wade! In the Beard we trust our injury management and fitness!!!

Honestly, I do not think Brisbane prepared for Jack Crisp, just one of many mistakes they made. Crisp played a blinder
piffdog 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:53 am

Pies2016 wrote:
I know this flag is all about the players, it always is but I can’t help but think the coaching group were the difference in this finals campaign.
We hadn’t beaten this mob for a couple years, we couldn’t kick over 60 points to win finals and the Lions rocked up with one of the most potent forward lines in recent history. Then there’s the personnel changes two weeks out. We lose Adams and McStay and then Murphy early in the game. To turn all that around and kick 90 points on the day and get it done is further testament to just how good this coaching group and sports science team really is.
Congratulations to Fly and his pit crew, Graham Wright, the mastermind, Derek Hine and his recruiting team, Jacqui Louder and Jarod Wade and his fitness team. You are officially the best in the business !

Totally agree. I dont think we have the best list, and on paper I thin the Brions had the better game day team. BUT, our coaches took whatever lemons they could rustle up and made lemonade. Yes we have a couple of genuine superstars, but we have a bunch of role players. Not everyone can be Nick Daicos, but Markov, Muprhy, Hosko can all be the man at that one moment they are required. By finding players nobody else wants, and finding that one role for them in our team we can acheive this.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:54 am

1953 was interesting.as an almost 13. year old had a taste of pain in 1952 where Cats won every H & A game plus both finals for the flag

53 rocks up and Cats started undefeated till we journey to Kardinia Pasrk to knock them off. The GF and we repeat the does

My first 😁

piffdog 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:57 am

Felt like we had their measure in the second half. Probably could have won by a little more but for some wayward kicking. The pressure stats for us in 4th Q were +200, yet that had gradually declined through the game to 160ish so I wonder if in the end it was them who were cooked come the end of the game?

So many great stories amongst our playing group, and such comiseration for Adams, McStay, Noble.

Will be fascinating to see if we have any surprise retirements from the old guys (?) and going to be great to bask in this through the off season while the club sets about moving the chess pieces and plotting the next campaign. As others have said - need to continue to see young guys coming through to avoid all our legends leaving at once.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:59 am

Soak it in

I think we will be right up there again in 2024
As well another bumper trade and draft and off season
But for now the premiership is all ours
What a beautiful summer it will be
2023 Collingwood premiership
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:00 am

All on here Rudey are with you in your loss mate
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:00 am

And should have been 50 against Bailey for smothering Cox’s kick…. he wasnt on the mark, the lion who was had been told to stand, and Cox hadn’t played on. Blatant protected zone infringement
Cakewalk Sublimity 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:05 am

With the inner turmoil still raging

Decades of torment needed erasing

Sideys beautiful torp sealed our glorious fate

err sorry mate, malefic umps don’t deserve to rate

The masterstrokes of McRae so worthy of elevation

Now for our lifetime Mighty Magpie celebration

--

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:36 am

Thought the umpiring was actually surprisingly good
Barring the Cox missed 50 m penalty and that chip kick to Jo in which the ball was out
All in all well umpired game
Lions actually had more free kicks as well
Lions couldn’t handle our pressure all day
They got a lot of goals out the back all day
As soon as the ball hit the deck we just hit them hard
To me this was the best ever grand final and surpassing the much touted 1989 gf
AFL must be happy with the grand final
1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:37 am

My deepest condolences Rudey

BARRACK HARD!
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:42 am

Very sorry for your loss RudeBoy. May your mother rest beautifully in peace.
RudeBoy wrote:
What a team. What a club. There are two types of footy supporters - Collingwood supporters and those who wish they were Collingwood supporters.

We won the flag, but lost a daughter of Collingwood a few hours after the game. My mum, born in 1931 in Collingwood, at the height of the depression, held on for dear life, but passed away earlier this morning. This Premiership will forever be cherished as my mum's flag.

Collingwood forever, forever Collingwood.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:43 am

RudeBoy wrote:
What a team. What a club. There are two types of footy supporters - Collingwood supporters and those who wish they were Collingwood supporters.

We won the flag, but lost a daughter of Collingwood a few hours after the game. My mum, born in 1931 in Collingwood, at the height of the depression, held on for dear life, but passed away earlier this morning. This Premiership will forever be cherished as my mum's flag.

Collingwood forever, forever Collingwood.

Condolences, Rudey.

Pete 70 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:02 am

Miyagi San, we are exactly the same era. Those Hafez years bring joy and sadness and for me it was so cool that Peter Moore got to experience his son winning a premiership.
Mr Miyagi wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
Seen 5 now from 1953 onwards

Dad born 1n 1908 saw a lot till his last one 1990

Congrats Baz, soak it in and enjoy every second of it!!!! I went through the Hafey heartbreaks as a kid, and this is my third win. Bloody awesome!!!

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:03 am

jonmac1954 wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
Seen 5 now from 1953 onwards

Dad born 1n 1908 saw a lot till his last one 1990

Yeah my dad born in 1909 saw his last flag in '58 - died young to that horrific killer in those days asthma.

I was 4yo in '58 so my first was '90.

And the post match drinkypoos we discussed...? Do tell! Very Happy

winterstick 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:47 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
And should have been 50 against Bailey for smothering Cox’s kick…. he wasnt on the mark, the lion who was had been told to stand, and Cox hadn’t played on. Blatant protected zone infringement

Yes Bailey left his man as umpire said "move it on" and that should have been 50, he eventually said play on but he already move towards Cox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 13 of 47   

Jump to: