Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mighty Magpie's Offseason Trade and List Management Blog

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

♤♤♤♤
Not the best news to receive when on holidays.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:10 pm

I was a bit surprised and disappointed we gave up on McLarty, given that big blokes often take a few years to come good. Still, our footy department would know more than anyone else.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:08 pm

^

Ditto on both counts.

roughead is a direct replacement and AFL ready, but is at the other end of his career. The two Irish boys both have height and talent but are both project players who will take time.

I would've thought that we would continue with Sam, unless the club has decided that he just doesn't have the improvement in him to persevere with. I sort of hope he proves us wrong.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:58 pm

I dont think McLarty had it. Says it all when he was delisted when the club is screaming for KPPs.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:20 pm

Mark Stevens:

Watched Collingwood’s Irish newcomers train at Holden Centre today .. impressive @7NewsMelbourne

Two other big names back early for Pies too ... Elliott and Moore grabbing head start ... see the pics @7NewsMelbourne tonight

E 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:14 am

MightyMagpie wrote:
Mark Stevens:

Watched Collingwood’s Irish newcomers train at Holden Centre today .. impressive @7NewsMelbourne

Two other big names back early for Pies too ... Elliott and Moore grabbing head start ... see the pics @7NewsMelbourne tonight

If i recall correctly, both of them trained the house down last year. It was under game intensity that the strings went POP! I wonder what they are doing differently this season to attempt to get a different outcome?

4everpies 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:13 am

E wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Mark Stevens:

If i recall correctly, both of them trained the house down last year. It was under game intensity that the strings went POP! I wonder what they are doing differently this season to attempt to get a different outcome?

Both Elliott & Moore had interrupted pre-seasons last year. Elliott had ankle surgery after they had waited to see if it would fix itself through rest and Moore had an achilles problem that restricted his pre season.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:16 pm

Yes, I don't think Jamie has trained the house down for years. And Jamie had hamstring surgery, which may or may not turn out to be better, but certainly qualifies as different.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:26 pm

4everpies wrote:
E wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Mark Stevens:

Both Elliott & Moore had interrupted pre-seasons last year. Elliott had ankle surgery after they had waited to see if it would fix itself through rest and Moore had an achilles problem that restricted his pre season.

Correct. Neither had a proper pre season and went into the proper season well underdone. We saw the result.

Hopefully a proper careful pre season will have them both ready to go/

E 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:37 am

stui magpie wrote:
4everpies wrote:
E wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Mark Stevens:

Correct. Neither had a proper pre season and went into the proper season well underdone. We saw the result.

Hopefully a proper careful pre season will have them both ready to go/

Here's hoping. The improvement in our side just by adding these two players to our team will be enourmous!

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:03 am

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2018-11-22/draft-where-the-magpies-stand

Quaynor

Picks remaining (article above doesn't mention 96, but it is on AFL Draft Tracker):

53 (233)
54 (220)
64 (101)
96 (0)

total 554 points.

NGA/FS on the radar:

Will Kelly (likely ~pick 25)
Atu Bosenavulagi
Bailey Wraith

Pick 25 756 points less 197 point discount = 559 points, so pretty close to covering likely Will Kelly bid.

Any bid after 56 and we can match with our last pick.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:23 am

^^^
Cheers M M .

I reckon there are at least three more kids ( Hill Valente West ) who should be picked up before Kelly, so HOPEFULLY that will take Kelly towards the late twenties. That’s just me thinking out loud and I guess all will be revealed soon enough.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:39 am

So how many spots do we have left on our primary list?
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:47 am

stui magpie wrote:
So how many spots do we have left on our primary list?

Imperfect info available as I haven’t seen lodged list, but my best guess assuming no promotions is that we had 5 pre-draft (40-35), however we have committed to 5 rookies and the overall maximum is 44 (excluding Cat B), so for practical purposes we have 4 spots for drafting assuming no-one steals one of our rookie commitments.

EDIT: Confirmed 5 spots: http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2018-11-22/final-draft-order-locked-in-2018

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:21 pm

Ta for that,

so theoretically we can get Atu and Jok or Riley Grundy still

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 123 of 128   

Jump to: