Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Bombers thump Pies - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

woftam wrote:
jackcass wrote:
woftam wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
I am over this zonal defence crap. You don't win games because you can mimic a seagull. We were playing man on man for a few earlier games and we were playing better footy and were gaining moment. Since we have gone back to the zonal crap we have lost our competitive edge.

How many times do we have to witness a Pies player standing 10m from an opposition player. Then to see the ball kicked to the opposition player who takes an easy uncontested mark. Seconds later the Pies player arrives to stand on the mark and flap his arms in the air. The same is repeated over and over again every game. When we have possession they man up on us, apply pressure and as a result our ball handling skill are appalling.

A member of our coaching staff needs to come to the conclusion that "IT DOES NOT WORK" and go back to man on man football.

Kind of obvious isn't it?

We went more man on man at times during the game and it allowed them to move the ball the length of the ground taking easy uncontested lead up marks.

They took uncontested marks most of the time because we let them be by themselves. The ones that got bunt off on the lead only gave token resistance. None of those efforts were a legitamate attempt to spoil & turn the ball over. The effort just was not there.

Yeah, spot on, or to quote my older bro "Bascially , we ran around in circles like headless chooks. !". Bout sums it up. Rolling Eyes Embarassed

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:12 pm

Pathetic effort. No Plan B. No spark. No flair. No win.

The Bombers have certainly gone past us now.

Not surprising as they have a real coach in charge.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:21 pm

jackcass wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
So do people still think things are good at Collingwood? Still think we are a chance of beating anyone?

Lot of anger for a result that anyone with both eyes open could see coming from a mile away, simple fact the last 5-6 weeks we have been shit and it wont just turn around overnight, something is amiss.

I think long term we'll be fine. Fantastic young list. Wasn't confident going into today but even so that performance was way worse than expected. Seems to be a lack of confidence and I'm not sure how quickly that can turn around. Might be next game, might be 2015. Time will tell.

That's what's so hard to understand, the list is great. We have a couple of key injuries but the talent overall and still on the park is better than the effort seen over the last 6-8 weeks.

I worked Sunday and wasn't disappointed because I knew it was going to go badly based on what we have shown in recent weeks and Essendons improving form. But I aslo didn't expect us to be that bad, it was something like an hour between goals at one stage?
Mr. Burns 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:28 pm

rocketronnie wrote:

if I remember correctly it took Bomber a few years to get his tactics right and even survived an internal review before they became a successful team.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:12 pm

rocketronnie wrote:

Shocked Who, Peptide Hird, hes coming back ya know. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:00 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
jackcass wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
So do people still think things are good at Collingwood? Still think we are a chance of beating anyone?

Lot of anger for a result that anyone with both eyes open could see coming from a mile away, simple fact the last 5-6 weeks we have been shit and it wont just turn around overnight, something is amiss.

I think long term we'll be fine. Fantastic young list. Wasn't confident going into today but even so that performance was way worse than expected. Seems to be a lack of confidence and I'm not sure how quickly that can turn around. Might be next game, might be 2015. Time will tell.

That's what's so hard to understand, the list is great. We have a couple of key injuries but the talent overall and still on the park is better than the effort seen over the last 6-8 weeks.

I worked Sunday and wasn't disappointed because I knew it was going to go badly based on what we have shown in recent weeks and Essendons improving form. But I aslo didn't expect us to be that bad, it was something like an hour between goals at one stage?

No it isn't. One truly elite midfielder, another couple of really good ones (Beams, Sidebottom), one fading champ, one sometimes dominant and sometimes invisible key forward, one other excellent key position player (who can't get on the park this year), a few kids who we hope (emphasis on hope) can become good and...that's it pretty much. Everyone else is average or below. It's a pretty average list.

The only difference making injury has been Reid. Everyone else has been eminently replaceable, so that excuse doesn't really hold water.

Museman 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:33 pm

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
jackcass wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

No it isn't. One truly elite midfielder, another couple of really good ones (Beams, Sidebottom), one fading champ, one sometimes dominant and sometimes invisible key forward, one other excellent key position player (who can't get on the park this year), a few kids who we hope (emphasis on hope) can become good and...that's it pretty much. Everyone else is average or below. It's a pretty average list.

The only difference making injury has been Reid. Everyone else has been eminently replaceable, so that excuse doesn't really hold water.

yes.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:02 pm

Mr. Burns wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:

if I remember correctly it took Bomber a few years to get his tactics right and even survived an internal review before they became a successful team.

Exactly!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:02 pm

DP
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:43 pm

Museman wrote:
Duff Soviet Union wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
jackcass wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

yes.

No. Not even close.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:35 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Museman wrote:
Duff Soviet Union wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
jackcass wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

yes.

No. Not even close.

Care to name names? Please don't say "Sinclair".

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:41 am

Our list isn't great at all.

None of our backman would make an AA team. We only have two forwards with any class, Cloke and Elliot. Our midfield has three great players, Pendles, Beams and Sidey, the rest are nowhere near great.

In all, we have, at best, 4 great players, 5 if you include Cloke and 6 if you add Reid, bit I wouldn't include them as Cloke has been more terrible than good and Reid hasn't played a game.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:49 am

Beams isn't a "great" player. He's a slow outside mid who mostly just kicks down the line. He sometimes makes a damaging contribution when he kicks goals but is otherwise a solid, rather than top, player.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:17 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Beams isn't a "great" player. He's a slow outside mid who mostly just kicks down the line. He sometimes makes a damaging contribution when he kicks goals but is otherwise a solid, rather than top, player.

He was the Copeland Trophy Winner in 2012

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:24 pm

Museman wrote:
us realists should just piss off and support someone else..... why? because that's the best the glass half full mob can muster.

Best post for a while. If you think it was "realistic" that we would win every bloody game by 10 goals, have the best team while we are developing a team under Bucks, if you didn't know that developing teams do have ups and downs/highs and lows/inclines and declines, I hate to break this to you but YOUR realistic expectations are actually totally unattainable, and they only ever set us up for failure. That's when the likes of you can go on your marauding distaste of anything and everything you supposedly love, Collingwood. Evil or Very Mad Mad

Your best ever comment was that your particular "realistic" types should just piss off and support someone else. PLEASE DO..... Idea Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16   

Jump to: