Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Not happy Pies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashman 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
blackandwhite4life wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
The club just sent me, all Members, a video of highlights of both Varcoe and Greenwood, their highlights, and I was very impressed with both. ! Varcoe was shown kicking some gem goals, two against us -the nightmare 2011 GF ??- he looked fast, quick and elusive, we can use that. Greenwood looked solid, and pick five, well, who knows, what with Moore, a fresh Scharenberg, Freeman, and pick 5 could be a real star, I think the future looks very rosey indeed. !

If anyone is a club plant on this site my vote definitely goes to you.

Everything is always sugar and roses with you. No questioning of the club's approach or criticism can ever be tolerated.

We could trade Pendles for Pick 10 and you'd find a way to denigrate the record of Pendles and/or paint the decision as a win for the Pies.

Also, for those Beams history re-writers (which I'm sure you probably are as well), ordinary players don't win Copelands, 3AW AFL Player of the year (2012) and finish 4th in the MVP (2012 also), probably the most prestigious award in the game. If he wanted big dollars then we should've done everything possible to cater for him.

The poor man management skills of our current coach, where conformity of personality seems to be the mantra is more than likely the reason for our No. 2 player deciding he doesn't want to stay. That is a fail on our club, no matter how anyone wants to spin it.

So since you're accuractely recording history, how did Beams go in the 2010 drawn GF and in the 2010 GF replay?

About 10x better than he did in the 2011 Prelim.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:45 pm

I'm very unhappy with Collingwood.

Footscray land a big fish - Boyd: 7 years for $7 million.

Why didn't we offer 8 years for $8 million?

We can't ever land a big fish

Time for Eddie & Hine to go.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:54 pm

watt price tully wrote:

We were in no position to make a play like that for Boyd as we're already paying a KF top dollar, and let's not forget the fact that Boyd is still an unknown quantity at AFL level, Dogs are taking a massive gamble IMO.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:02 pm

Defender wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

We were in no position to make a play like that for Boyd as we're already paying a KF top dollar, and let's not forget the fact that Boyd is still an unknown quantity at AFL level, Dogs are taking a massive gamble IMO.

Yeah, Boyd is such an unknown quantity, had he stayed at GWS next year, he would have had 17 clubs bidding for him at the end of 2015.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:05 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Defender wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Yeah, Boyd is such an unknown quantity, had he stayed at GWS next year, he would have had 17 clubs bidding for him at the end of 2015.

He struggled at NEAFL level at times last year from what I've heard, alls he has to hang his hat on are his junior days, I'm not knocking the guy but he's hardly someone you'd sell the farm for at this stage.

You like this.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:24 pm

Defender wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

I was joking. I think the Bullies were stupid.

Boot 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:30 pm

I agree that the Bulldogs have taken a massive punt on Tom Boyd, but i sort of hope it works out for them and that he ends up being a great player for them. For years the Dogs have been raped and pillared by other AFL clubs. I especially hope Boyd plays well against GWS for the next 7 years!! Whilst it is a huge gamble they had to fight back to salvage something from the disarster that was Griffin walking out and interesting that GWS loose a No.1 draft pick for similar money that they are paying Tom Scully and his Dad. I know who I would rather have between Boyd and Scully!

What I am concerned about is how much more player movement between clubs there is now. Players with existing contracts appear to be able to walk to the club of their choice as soon as they get a better offer. This has the potential to create a hyper inflationary environment in the AFL with wealthy clubs with space in their salary cap picking off the best young talent every year. I hope Collingwood is working hard to establish a good culture that players will enjoy working in. I suspect that a winning culture is what keeps people happy e.g. look at Hawthorn and Sydney.

I feel the trade deals done by Collingwood have been OK considering the disarsterous situation of Harry and Beams (both top 5 in Copland) both wanting out. As most Nicksters seem to agree the three new recruits are not really A Graders. IMO Greenwood has had a breakout year but at best is workman like. Here's hoping he can maintain his 2014 form for the next couple of years.

Jack Crsip is unknown to me but the knock on him is that whilst he may be an honest player, apparently his disposal skills are not good. We already have a lot of players with low disposal skills and that has continuously hurt us in 2014.

Varcoe is in my opinion a list clogger already, and apparently we have signed him for 4 years!! Soft, injury prone ( has bad shoulders and no heart) and mentally weak when the pressure is on. Surely he can't be in the same team as Clinton Young? If we win any games with those two in the same team I will be very surprised.

Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised by these three new players at our club and of cause I will be cheering loudly for them when they are winning games for the Pies.

It will be fancinating to see who Collingwood can snare with pcks 5 and 30 in the upcoming draft. I am hoping Derek Hine can score some skillful, fast midfielders with the emphasis being on disposal skill. One only has to look at Hawthorn to see how effective a team can be if they can dispose of the footy well.

Go Pies in 2015!!

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:31 pm

Massive gamble of all time with Boyd...9 game 8 goals? Something like that...
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:38 pm

Boot wrote:
I agree that the Bulldogs have taken a massive punt on Tom Boyd, but i sort of hope it works out for them and that he ends up being a great player for them. For years the Dogs have been raped and pillared by other AFL clubs. I especially hope Boyd plays well against GWS for the next 7 years!! Whilst it is a huge gamble they had to fight back to salvage something from the disarster that was Griffin walking out and interesting that GWS loose a No.1 draft pick for similar money that they are paying Tom Scully and his Dad. I know who I would rather have between Boyd and Scully!

What I am concerned about is how much more player movement between clubs there is now. Players with existing contracts appear to be able to walk to the club of their choice as soon as they get a better offer. This has the potential to create a hyper inflationary environment in the AFL with wealthy clubs with space in their salary cap picking off the best young talent every year. I hope Collingwood is working hard to establish a good culture that players will enjoy working in. I suspect that a winning culture is what keeps people happy e.g. look at Hawthorn and Sydney.

I feel the trade deals done by Collingwood have been OK considering the disarsterous situation of Harry and Beams (both top 5 in Copland) both wanting out. As most Nicksters seem to agree the three new recruits are not really A Graders. IMO Greenwood has had a breakout year but at best is workman like. Here's hoping he can maintain his 2014 form for the next couple of years.

Jack Crsip is unknown to me but the knock on him is that whilst he may be an honest player, apparently his disposal skills are not good. We already have a lot of players with low disposal skills and that has continuously hurt us in 2014.

Varcoe is in my opinion a list clogger already, and apparently we have signed him for 4 years!! Soft, injury prone ( has bad shoulders and no heart) and mentally weak when the pressure is on. Surely he can't be in the same team as Clinton Young? If we win any games with those two in the same team I will be very surprised.

Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised by these three new players at our club and of cause I will be cheering loudly for them when they are winning games for the Pies.

It will be fancinating to see who Collingwood can snare with pcks 5 and 30 in the upcoming draft. I am hoping Derek Hine can score some skillful, fast midfielders with the emphasis being on disposal skill. One only has to look at Hawthorn to see how effective a team can be if they can dispose of the footy well.

Go Pies in 2015!!

I think we've gone down the wrong path, our eye should be 100% focused on our next premiership! I feel we needed to take 2 steps back to go forward, I was in favour of a full rebuild once Dayne and H announced their departures.

We aren't a poor club, we can afford not to take short cuts and the players we've brought in are short cuts IMO and they will push our next window back years.

We should've hit the draft hard this year, I was even in favour of trading Cloke.

You like this.
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:48 pm

Now we are potentially paying a bunch of list cloggers "overs" so we can't afford a big fish later.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:49 pm

[quote="watt price tully"][quote="Defender"][quote="watt price tully"]I'm very unhappy with Collingwood.

Time for Eddie & Hine to go.[/quote]

We were in no position to make a play like that for Boyd as we're already paying a KF top dollar, and let's not forget the fact that Boyd is still an unknown quantity at AFL level, Dogs are taking a massive gamble IMO.[/quote]

I was joking. I think the Bullies were stupid.[/quote]

Garbage, Boyd is a massive pickup for the Dogs. Giants got shafted as far as I am concerned. Griffen will be 29yo next year.

I have seen Boyd play for the Giants at Manuka Oval this past season, and on the TV, and he will be the next KP power forward in the competition.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:55 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Defender wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Garbage, Boyd is a massive pickup for the Dogs. Giants got shafted as far as I am concerned. Griffen will be 29yo next year.

I have seen Boyd play for the Giants at Manuka Oval this past season, and on the TV, and he will be the next KP power forward in the competition.

He won't be as good as Darcy Moore.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:57 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Defender wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Surely you'd like to see him put some runs on the board before being offered a contract like that, he's 19 years old and there's a lot of hoops to jump through before he becomes a gun KF, as in can his body hold up-does he have to right attitude- was he an early developer hence he won't continue to develop at the normal rate, there's just so many unknowns with a 19 year old and there's even more when that 19 year olds a KF.

You like this.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:00 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Defender wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

7 years? That's some risk. That's why I reckon it's "stupid".

We'll talk in 7 years

Museman 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:07 pm

jackcass wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
jackcass wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
So, we'll see how pick 21 goes compared to Crisp in the next few years given we baulked 5, 21 and 25 in favour on 5, 25 and Crisp

At least get your facts right... just once... we suggested 5,21,25, Brisbane declined. Pick 21 was never in play in our Beams negotiations.

Schwab said Friday that this deal was on the table briefly and we said no. Then they took it off to trade 21 elsewhere.

The Magpies asked for pick 21 once it was secured but the Lions kept it to use for the star Cat.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-10/lions-wont-up-beams-offer

No,

Schwab said Friday that this deal was on the table briefly and we said no. Then they took it off to trade 21 elsewhere

Is exactly what was said.

It could be that thy offered just 5, and 21...and no 25 and this is why we said no, but the above statement was definitely made by schwab.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 14 of 18   

Jump to: