Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Blues. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jez07 wrote:
2011 side would have won the flag easily. If you recall how they were playing mid year and things went south after Mick appeared on TFS.

No side could have touched us.

Also Heater got suspended and that also disputed the apple cart; though its only my own opinion - I'm like pretty sure if we hadn't had all that frogshit happening during the year we would have won the flag pretty easily. I mean come on, even with all that crap we weren't out of that GF until the very start of the last quarter and we had played horribly all day.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:20 pm

Mugwump wrote:
derkd wrote:
jackcass wrote:
think positive wrote:
That's actually not true.he would have gone there. Shame he didn't, we might have at least one more flag. Kwajalein for it, but obviously somewhere MM changed his mind, and we lost the unloseable.

North were chasing but I'm yet to hear anything solid to suggest he was interested. From memory Bucks himself has said he was never going to coach anywhere but at the Pies.

As to the unlosable, not sure there's any such thing.

Exactly, we proved that in 2011 Laughing Laughing Laughing

Don't agree that we were any monty in 2011. We just made it past the Hawks in the prelim. That team was already showing signs of coming back to the field.

No. It was after nicks appearanceon big footy it started falling apart. The. The attitude for the last game, we should have, would have, won, no doubt in my mind. We almost had it, but for 35 $£$%^%%$ awful minutes

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:53 pm

Anyone keen to contribute something about a Collingwood game being played some time in the next twenty-four hours should feel free to do so.
Jez07 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:58 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Jez07 wrote:
2011 side would have won the flag easily. If you recall how they were playing mid year and things went south after Mick appeared on TFS.

Also Heater got suspended and that also disputed the apple cart; though its only my own opinion - I'm like pretty sure if we hadn't had all that frogshit happening during the year we would have won the flag pretty easily. I mean come on, even with all that crap we weren't out of that GF until the very start of the last quarter and we had played horribly all day.

That 2011 side had gears no other side did that year. I remember attending the North game in the wet and the skill execution was as good as I've seen a football side display.

The club should have savvy enough to reset mid season and ask Nathan to get more experience elsewhere.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:59 pm

Jez07 wrote:

Except the one team we didn't beat all year, H&A or finals. They touched us all right. MM's game plan couldn't beat Geelong, the team it was designed to beat.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:00 pm

You're talking about the side that didn't beat Geelong in 3 tries that year. Time to get real - and possibly even talk about tomorrow's game.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:25 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
You're talking about the side that didn't beat Geelong in 3 tries that year. Time to get real - and possibly even talk about tomorrow's game.

Apologies sire, it's like being at a 6 year old's birthday party in here at the moment. Ever tried having a discussion with a 6 year old hyped on red cordial, lollies and fairy bread?

Anyway, to tomorrows game.

This is a danger game IMHO. The Bloos are growing under Bolton and they have a fairly settled side who're all out to impress the new coach. FFS, Murphy and Gibbs seem to have got an infusion of courage somewhere (Dank?) If our midfield doesn't work at them and force them to revert to type they could do damage.

Of the two teams, we actually have a lower age and games played profile than they do, despite them being the rebuilding team.

I expect (hope) us to win but it's by no means a lay down misere.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:28 pm

i don't see it as a danger game. our best will beat their best. they were woeful last week. essendon were simply more woeful. should win by 6 goals.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:32 pm

John Wren wrote:
i don't see it as a danger game. our best will beat their best. they were woeful last week. essendon were simply more woeful. should win by 6 goals.

the issue is more likely whose worse is worse. Our worse is vomit worthy, probably 18th in the comp. When we play bad, we aren't even close to competent.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:34 pm

like seriously you mods are <snip, if you have a problem with the moderating team, take it up with the moderating team through the proper channels - bbmods>.
Jez07 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:35 pm

Eddie was making excuses on his radio show today. If things go south, you watch the spin that will come from the club.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Unfortunately I think the Blues will knock us off this week. My reasoning is we are bottoming out with our age/experience profile. And we have very few stars playing their best. And we are incapable at the moment of playing as a team, partly because of inexperience and not having played enough together and partly because I don't know what game plan we are trying to play to.

I am hoping for a good Pies win, but don't believe it is going to happen. Prove me wrong boys.

If Adams and Varcoe had gotten up for the game and Trav was included I would have been thinking we win. I am even more worried about our game here next weekend against the Lions. We better get through tomorrow and next week without any more injuries.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:46 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
John Wren wrote:

the issue is more likely whose worse is worse. Our worse is vomit worthy, probably 18th in the comp. When we play bad, we aren't even close to competent.

that's not an unreasonable point given the current plight but their worse is pretty terrible. if tomorrow is anything like the carlton game last week most people will walk out at half time. you'd only want to stay out of perverse amusement.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:00 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
like seriously you mods are <snip, if you have a problem with the moderating team, take it up with the moderating team through the proper channels - bbmods>.

I absolutely do. contacting you now
Jez07 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:05 pm

Carlton don't have a forward line but their defensive systems are getting better. They have an experienced side and they have a very good tactically minded coach.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15   

Jump to: