Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Port. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Having had a look at exposed form of the two teams, you'd reasonably expect Port to win this by 5+ goals. They have averaged 98 points per game, despite low-scoring efforts against GWS in Canberra and Geelong at home. Apart from their poor result against Geelong, they have done better against opposition they have in common with us. Thus, they easily accounted for Richmond, St Kilda, Melbourne, Essendon and Brisbane and lost close games to Carlton (2 points) and West Coast (8 points).

So, in trying to set fair expectations for the players turning out for Collingwood this Sunday, one notes that we kicked 7 goals last week and have brought in a CHF who averages just under 2 goals per game over his career to replace a player who gets half as much of the ball but kicked 2 goals out of last week's 7. So, assuming that Cloke can probably do about as much on the scoreboard as Moore did last week, who will kick the other 7+ additional goals that the 'pies will likely require to win?

Tranquilli?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:37 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Woods wrote:
Why don't you man up and admit you were wrong. I shot your opinion down in flames and you've tried to deflect by bring up this 'bag of goals' argument, which is your line not mine. Why should I take your bait and argue about something that is not my view? You also chose to selectively omit my earlier posts from the nest of posts above, particularly my first response to Matty123.

Your question about what Cox and Crocker do better than Cloke is obvious to you and every other student of the game. So why ask. Another deflection? You just looking for a joust? That's just trolling. Go find a softer target.

Wrong? You've yet to show anything let alone that I'm wrong. Having an opinion that doesn't accord with yours doesn't make me wrong. As to the deleting previous posts, it's done to reduce the size of the posts. If you feel that I've done you some injustice by doing so please quote the relevant portions.

What Cox and Crocker apparently do better than Cloke is obvious according to you but apparently not to all. I eagerly await the list of what these things are.

Cox positions himself well near goals, rather than regularly running to the boundary as Cloke often does. Cox is a good second ruckman, unlike Cloke. Cox is a more reliable kick for goal, unlike Cloke who misses from 10 metres directly in front. As for Crocker, he is playing a mid/small forward role, so should not be compared to Cloke imo.

Despite all this, at his best, or even close to it, Cloke is a much better mark, is more mobile and would seem to have a bigger engine than Cox. So while I've been one of Cloke's harshest critics on Nicks, I'd be the first to admit that at his best, Cloke is an automatic inclusion in our team. I hope that's what we'll see at the MCG on Sunday.

At his best, he is automatic inclusion in the AA team, never mind the Pies

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:08 pm

John Wren wrote:
final team for sunday:

caff, witts and marsh are the emergenices.
greenwood, goodyear, maynard and oxley are the bench for now.

Glad Goody got a game by all reports he's been going well in the magoo's
We have some drive off HB and greenwood will be someone's nightmare
I wouldn't mind seeing Maynard get a run through the middle with Adams out. He's hard at the contest and doesn't have any fear of diving into packs to get the ball out so might actually do his game some good to have a different look at the contest instead of just a defensive mindset
I've just got this guy feeling Cloke may answer some critics this weekend
I'm guessing if not for injuries he would be playing seconds and I'm sure he realises that too. He might be of the mindset to just go hell for leather and make a statement
If he kicks 3 or more I reckon we win and win easily
Kicks under 3 we might still win but could be a close one
Pies by 28
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:12 pm

Gonzalo wrote:
Watch Brodbent come in and play unchecked and have 30 plus uncontested disposals like he did last year. If you rate Buckley as a coach (only the biggest fanibois do now) you will seem him repeat mistake after mistake and fail to learn from it.

Seriously gonzo or jez07 or whoever you are if Bucks and the Collingwood football club annoy you so much with everything they do maybe you would be happier being a Carlton supporter because your defiantly not a magpie supporter
Oh and before you start whining oh the coach is no good if it wasn't for him we would be a top 4 side that's utter trash your not in the inner sanctum so you wouldn't know
Tactically he has been learning on the job and is doing a fair job for mine when you consider he hasn't had the chance to build team continuity due to injuries oh wait that's right the injuries are his fault too
You my friend are living proof you don't need a long neck to be a goose
Gonzalo 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:16 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Gonzalo wrote:
Watch Brodbent come in and play unchecked and have 30 plus uncontested disposals like he did last year. If you rate Buckley as a coach (only the biggest fanibois do now) you will seem him repeat mistake after mistake and fail to learn from it.

Seriously gonzo or jez07 or whoever you are if Bucks and the Collingwood football club annoy you so much with everything they do maybe you would be happier being a Carlton supporter because your defiantly not a magpie supporter
Oh and before you start whining oh the coach is no good if it wasn't for him we would be a top 4 side that's utter trash your not in the inner sanctum so you wouldn't know
Tactically he has been learning on the job and is doing a fair job for mine when you consider he hasn't had the chance to build team continuity due to injuries oh wait that's right the injuries are his fault too
You my friend are living proof you don't need a long neck to be a goose

How long does it take to learn? 5 years?
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:18 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
final team for sunday:

I wouldn't mind seeing Maynard get a run through the middle with Adams out. He's hard at the contest and doesn't have any fear of diving into packs to get the ball out so might actually do his game some good to have a different look at the contest instead of just a defensive mindset
I'm guessing if not for injuries he would be playing seconds and I'm sure he realises that too. He might be of the mindset to just go hell for leather and make a statement
Pies by 28

apparently port have lost four of their last five at the g. wonder if their game in the alice will have an affect.

pies by 17.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:52 pm

Congratulations to Matthew Goodyear for his ascension into the senior side. Macaffer has been playing some really good football in the VFL so his promotion has been thoroughly earned. Marsh is a little unlucky to miss out but his time will come. He just needs to fix up issues with his kicking and then you won't be able to keep him out of the senior side.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:53 pm

^ what promotion are you referring to with regards to caff? i am pleased goody has been given a game.
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:58 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
final team for sunday:

Pies by 28

Just hope Goodyear if selected turns in a better performance than he dished up for the aints game, although he had plenty of company in terms of players who underperformed in that game.
Has anyone mentioned that Ali pate' normally towels up Cloke (with a scumpire assistance of course)? Hope Cloke plays well and proves me wrong but he's been less than impressive against the cockle-munchers in the past or whatever Port were called

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:01 pm

Anyway, how do you know he doesn't have a long neck?
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:02 pm

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
final team for sunday:

Pies by 28

Just hope Goodyear if selected turns in a better performance than he dished up for the aints game, although he had plenty of company in terms of players who underperformed in that game.
Has anyone mentioned that Ali pate' normally towels up Cloke (with a scumpire assistance of course)? Hope Cloke plays well and proves me wrong but he's been less than impressive against the cockle-munchers in the past or whatever Port were called

no carlile. is an emergency. may come in as a late change but i doubt it. hasn't played since round 2.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:04 pm

John Wren wrote:
^ what promotion are you referring to with regards to caff? i am pleased goody has been given a game.

Sorry, I meant Goodyear's promotion, not Macaffer. Macaffer has been playing well enough to make it back into the senior side but Goodyear's good form is keeping Macaffer out.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:07 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Sorry, I meant Goodyear's promotion, not Macaffer. Macaffer has been playing well enough to make it back into the senior side but Goodyear's good form is keeping Macaffer out.

yeah, comprende. imagine if english was my second language.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:09 pm

thankfully, chamberlain gets to ruin tonight's game. he is, however, the emergency for the sunday game. hopefully fisher, schmitt or meredith line up as named.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:11 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Anyway, how do you know he doesn't have a long neck?

It's a good point. I bet he does. And goes honk and everything.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17   

Jump to: