Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match: Magpies v. Weagles. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is winnable for Collingwood. One team is coming off an unexpected heavy win, the other is coming off a loss that has sown the seeds of doubt in the Eagles (publically expressed by the coach who said their season it shot unless they can win their away games).

So the Eagles playing at home in front of their rabid fan base must no only win but win well. A simple win by a goal or two (or three) will not be enough. They need the reassurance of a big win. So if there are stages in the game where this looks doubtful those crazy Eagles fans won't be hurling abuse at Collingwood, but their own players. This can be a pretty demoralising experience for the Eagles and Collingwood, if it can bring some early pressure and force errors, can exploit their identity crisis.

In short, this is a game that can be determined by the relative psychologies currently influencing the performance of the competing teams at this uncertain early stage of the season. Collingwood wants to continue the thrust of Monday's convincing win (and God help it if it reverts to the garbage of rounds 1 to 4), while the Eagles need to remove the nagging doubt that they are 'not good enough' and reassure themselves and their vocal supporters that they are still a contender for finals.

Which is the stronger willed team? In this topsy-turvey season of 2016, I think this Sunday it will be Collingwood.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:00 pm

lets hope the westies see us as easy beats, hit the damon hills, smack around each other for 24, run into some afl elitism on the way to subi and proclaim emancipation.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:18 pm

Loss of Adams hurts us massively I'm afraid.

I'd send the VFL team, take the loss and regroup for Carlscum.

kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:26 pm

The Eagles had to slog it out on a soaked SCG last weekend, but having had 2 days extra rest it probably nullifies that. I'm just hoping that their weary legs will effect them enough for us to run the match out better.

Pies by 7 points.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:29 pm

Woods wrote:
This game is winnable for Collingwood. One team is coming off an unexpected heavy win, the other is coming off a loss that has sown the seeds of doubt in the Eagles (publically expressed by the coach who said their season it shot unless they can win their away games).

So the Eagles playing at home in front of their rabid fan base must no only win but win well. A simple win by a goal or two (or three) will not be enough. They need the reassurance of a big win. So if there are stages in the game where this looks doubtful those crazy Eagles fans won't be hurling abuse at Collingwood, but their own players. This can be a pretty demoralising experience for the Eagles and Collingwood, if it can bring some early pressure and force errors, can exploit their identity crisis.

In short, this is a game that can be determined by the relative psychologies currently influencing the performance of the competing teams at this uncertain early stage of the season. Collingwood wants to continue the thrust of Monday's convincing win (and God help it if it reverts to the garbage of rounds 1 to 4), while the Eagles need to remove the nagging doubt that they are 'not good enough' and reassure themselves and their vocal supporters that they are still a contender for finals.

Which is the stronger willed team? In this topsy-turvey season of 2016, I think this Sunday it will be Collingwood.

Well said Woods - it is/was possible.
But losing Adams and no Cloke we lose a lot of potential muscle to support Grundy.
Can't see our leaders getting it done now.
Will be a monumental achievement.

Eagles by 111pts and Bombers to beat Carlton setting up another coach defining clash next week
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:31 pm

Agree that Adams is a massive loss. Broomhead is an adequate replacement though. I'm optimistic we can win this. Win or lose, the players need to enjoy themselves, as Buckley said.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:32 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Agree that Adams is a massive loss. Broomhead is an adequate replacement though. I'm optimistic we can win this. Win or lose, the players need to enjoy themselves, as Buckley said.

So no hair testing after the game ?
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:17 pm

Wow Adams out is a very serious blow
On the March 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:38 pm

Absolutely no hope of winning this game Sad
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:40 pm

We can rely on Fasolo, the 'Prince of Perth', to put on a strong performance in front of friends and family. Expecting a big game from him.

(Unfortunately he won't have Elliot there to get him into the local nightclubs post-game.)
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:49 pm

Woods wrote:
We can rely on Fasolo, the 'Prince of Perth', to put on a strong performance in front of friends and family. Expecting a big game from him.

(Unfortunately he won't have Elliot there to get him into the local nightclubs post-game.)

What's with all of the innuendo about Elliott being a party boy ?
Is there any evidence for it ?

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:03 pm
Post subject: Simple question: Do we beat them?Reply with quote

I'd hoped we'd beat West Coast after the confidence boost we so sorely needed was achieved in fine style on Anzac
But now that Varcs is a certain out, and so is our highest possie winner Taylor Adams, I can't see how an understrength side of kids can match West Coast's many strengths.
Even at home I'd give us a chance but as it is I've picked against the Magpies for the first time in 3 years, and looking at the price - I don't remember us paying six bucks, that is astounding!
So Ive heard what the masses think, just simply want to know what the faithful think.
Are we a chance?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:11 pm
Post subject: HeyReply with quote

A loss to this piss ant mob must surely render Bucks position untenable ?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:12 pm

We're a chance, a big chance. We play the ground well, it all depends on the mindset of the players.

If we bring the attitude we had in the first quarter against Essendon and maintain it, we can win.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:13 pm

WC are a shit team but we are more shit. We would need a close to full strength team to outweigh the deficiencies with the game plan and personnel.

With the outs, I fear we're screwed.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 15 of 19   

Jump to: