Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Gubby Allen accepts 12-month anti-doping ban (and resigns)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/whitfield-affair-collingwood-set-to-cut-ties-with-banned-graeme-allan-20161114-gsp57o.html

Lets $£$%^%%$ hope Eddie and the board show some balls and stick with this.
For those calling for Ed and Pert to go for not showing due diligence and yes I was one of them. All I can say what else could they do?
They took him on his word and got him to sign a stat dec. Bye Gubby and no payout.
Quote:
The new Magpies football boss, who signed a statutory declaration with the club over his role in the Whitfield matter, is almost certain to end his employment with the club as a result of pleading guilty to conduct unbecoming and accepting a one-year penalty.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:11 am

Keefe and Thomas are best described as "accidental drug cheats", but drug cheats none the less.

It may not have been deliberate, but we all need to live with the consequence of their actions.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:15 am

Once again trial by media by two of the worse journalists in the business in Caro and Michael Gleeson. None of us are in any position to judge whether Gubby did anything wrong. Even if he accepts a 12 month ban it doesn't mean he did anything wrong. So I guess if an alleged child killer maintains his innocence and is found not guilty by a jury it means he didn't do it. But admit to anything in this society and take your punishment on the chin you get thrown to the wolves. Honesty and integrity no longer exists in this society. Think for a moment if Keeffe and Thomas really are "drug cheats" would they still be on the player list at Collingwood?
ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:38 am

piedys wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
My understanding is that operating outside of ASADA will cost the AFL all government funding, which is a substantial figure.

All jokes aside; for an entity that makes as much money per annum as the AFL does, WHY should they be entitled to any government funding, period?

To fund stadium upgrades at Adelaide Oval, the new one in perth and geelong they need Government backing. The AFL also run auskick and although done poorly the International Cup. The MCG and Gabba etc are on crown land.If you are happy paying an extra 50 bucks a week to pay for upgrades in the future go for it. The racing industry has had this issue for years.

That said the bloated salary bill of the AFL needs to be looked at.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:28 am

Gubby has got himself a gig cooking Parmas at the Rising Sun on wednesday nights.

www.facebook/the hybernators
uncanny 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:31 am

This appointment of Graeme Allan stinks.
GWS reckon he was signed up before Treloar was traded, something Allan played a key role with. Based on what's transpired since, they are probably right. Then he's supposedly appointed to run the women's teams. Just after that we hear of this murky affair with Whitfield. Hiding someone from drug testers, deleting emails and texts. He still gets the gig at the pies though despite this. Why? Aren't we trying to build an elite culture of high performance athletes based on honesty and integrity in relationships. Pert and McGuire are prepared to forget this and appoint a mate instead. Oh wait, all of a sudden Allan's role gets upgraded to oversee Balme and the rest of the football department. Meanwhile he tries to avoid the rap by saying it was all about Whitfield's ex being off the rails. Oh hang on a second the next thing we know he's pleading guilty and accepting a year's ban. How must Buckley be feeling right now about all this? $%^& ing not happy.

Sensible Jay 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:34 am

I don't know enough about the situation to cast my judgement.

All I know is, Lachie Whitfield's ex-girlfriend 'waited' till their relationship ended before dobbing him into ASADA...

Also, I don't trust the integrity of Caroline Wilson's newspaper articles. To me, they are, at best, slanderous. In Dane Swan's recent book, he noticed that she started to write articles attacking his character only after she thought that Swanny bashed her son when he didn't. It was a simple misunderstanding. I don't hate her though, I feel sad for her.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:37 am

#HireHird
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:44 am

I am not sure Pert had much to do with the hire of Gubby. I gather it was a Captain's pick from Ed.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:34 am

We are getting Geoff Walsh back with Rude Boy as his P.A.

www.facebook/the hybernators
SHADOWS 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:03 pm

watt price tully wrote:
SHADOWS wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
No matter what people think of Caroline Wilson she has been proven right here as she was with the Essendon case. For me this brings into question the due diligence by Collingwood & the manner in which it was done. Questions need to be answered. This is not a good way to run a footy club

Agreed...Our Mighty Magpies have a Stench about them, the makings of a perfect Storm..It's starting to feel like the "Tony Shaw" days..

No that's going way too far & going OTT. I assume you're making a joke.

However the decision making & the process needs to be questioned in a rational manner.

I'm starting to get nervous to be truthful..Too many things going wrong over the last few years, we can't take a trick..If we're outside of 8 by round 8/10 Bucks needs to be tapped and perhaps some others..I'll be bullish till round 8...

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:46 pm

The plot thickens, there are known unknowns, known knowns, unknown knowns, and don't piss down my back and tell me its raining knowns. Ol Rumsfeld got one thing right anyway.!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:52 pm

Culprit wrote:
think positive wrote:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/whitfield-affair-collingwood-set-to-cut-ties-with-banned-graeme-allan-20161114-gsp57o.html

Lets $£$%^%%$ hope Eddie and the board show some balls and stick with this.
For those calling for Ed and Pert to go for not showing due diligence and yes I was one of them. All I can say what else could they do?
They took him on his word and got him to sign a stat dec. Bye Gubby and no payout.
Quote:
The new Magpies football boss, who signed a statutory declaration with the club over his role in the Whitfield matter, is almost certain to end his employment with the club as a result of pleading guilty to conduct unbecoming and accepting a one-year penalty.

i wasnt calling for them to go, im saying stick with what they said, Gubby is out the door, never to return.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:53 pm

SHADOWS wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
SHADOWS wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
No matter what people think of Caroline Wilson she has been proven right here as she was with the Essendon case. For me this brings into question the due diligence by Collingwood & the manner in which it was done. Questions need to be answered. This is not a good way to run a footy club

Agreed...Our Mighty Magpies have a Stench about them, the makings of a perfect Storm..It's starting to feel like the "Tony Shaw" days..

No that's going way too far & going OTT. I assume you're making a joke.

However the decision making & the process needs to be questioned in a rational manner.

I'm starting to get nervous to be truthful..Too many things going wrong over the last few years, we can't take a trick..If we're outside of 8 by round 8/10 Bucks needs to be tapped and perhaps some others..I'll be bullish till round 8...

i though we were giving him 10 weeks!!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:54 pm

think positive wrote:
[quote="Culprit"][quote="think positive"]http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/whitfield-affair-collingwood-set-to-cut-ties-with-banned-graeme-allan-20161114-gsp57o.html

Lets $£$%^%%$ hope Eddie and the board show some balls and stick with this.[/quote]For those calling for Ed and Pert to go for not showing due diligence and yes I was one of them. All I can say what else could they do?
[quote]The new Magpies football boss, who [b]signed a statutory declaration[/b] with the club over his role in the Whitfield matter, is almost certain to end his employment with the club as a result of pleading guilty to conduct unbecoming and accepting a one-year penalty.[/quote][/quote]

i wasnt calling for them to go, im saying stick with what they said, Gubby is out the door, never to return.
Goodbye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 15 of 24   

Jump to: