Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
A Senate inquiry into a broken coffee table? Seriously?

It's a $500 table and they're quoting over $1000 to repair it?

FFS, chuck it in the bin, bill Abbott for the breakage and move on.

Who says it was $500?

30 years ago it was about $600, in todays terms, italian marble costs how much?

Then there is the issue of using tax payers money because some liberal fool (tautology I know) fell over & hurt himself.

I'll back Penny Wong any day of the week:

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/ministers-took-pieces-of-broken-table-during-wild-spill-night-party-in-tony-abbotts-office-suite-20151019-gkcjpp.html

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:51 pm

stui magpie wrote:

It's not an inquiry. It was raised in a Senate Estimates Committee as one of probably 20 items on the agenda.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:54 pm

I am always serious.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:59 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Who says it was $500?

Then there is the issue of using tax payers money because some liberal fool (tautology I know) fell over & hurt himself.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/ministers-took-pieces-of-broken-table-during-wild-spill-night-party-in-tony-abbotts-office-suite-20151019-gkcjpp.html

The only tax payers money being used is in discussing what happened and NGARA what idiot broke it and/or injured themself.

2nd hand piece of furniture, like I said above, bill Abbott for the table and move on.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:16 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Who says it was $500?

The only tax payers money being used is in discussing what happened and NGARA what idiot broke it and/or injured themself.

2nd hand piece of furniture, like I said above, bill Abbott for the table and move on.

Senate Estimates Committees are good places for the opposition to embarrass the government. Go Penny

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Yeah well I suppose they can't do it at question time or in the polls so they have to take what they can get. Wink
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:51 pm

The ALP will, no doubt, dramatically improve its polling after poking at the Libs with the remnants of this coffee table. Confused
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:07 pm

I like to think Penny Wong would make a good prime minister one day, but I have noticed that she's often involved in these student politics irrelevancies. It's not a very endearing character trait.

How much do we pay these major party politicians to spend 90% of question time and senate estimates scoring petty political points that nobody outside of the press gallery cares about? Talk about wasting taxpayer money...

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:18 am

David wrote:
I like to think Penny Wong would make a good prime minister one day, but I have noticed that she's often involved in these student politics irrelevancies. It's not a very endearing character trait.

How much do we pay these major party politicians to spend 90% of question time and senate estimates scoring petty political points that nobody outside of the press gallery cares about? Talk about wasting taxpayer money...

David it's merely one part indeed a small part of parliaments time. Just because it's featured on the news etc doesn't mean that 90% is what you've described. As for Penny Wong, this is merely one small aspect of what she does. Just because the media focuses on this does not mean it has the value you seem to want to ascribe to this. Your attributing way way overs in footy parlance.

However, the wrong has been righted & the Mad Misogynist Monk has done the right thing.

As Stui said "move on".

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:08 am

I've had the misfortune of listening to question time and senate hearings from time to time on Newsradio, WPT. Most of it is complete rubbish and has no relevance to serious policy debate or the public interest. Labor and the Coalition devote most of their day's strategies to making the other side look bad, hence this crap about a broken table. The Greens and the crossbenchers often seem to be the only ones who are interested in cutting through the drivel and actually raising issues of importance.

I'm not inclined to 'move on', because it'll be more of the same rubbish today and the day after and next month and next year. It's bad for our democracy. I think the public disenchantment with politics speaks for itself.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:17 pm

David wrote:
I've had the misfortune of listening to question time and senate hearings from time to time on Newsradio, WPT. Most of it is complete rubbish and has no relevance to serious policy debate or the public interest. Labor and the Coalition devote most of their day's strategies to making the other side look bad, hence this crap about a broken table. The Greens and the crossbenchers often seem to be the only ones who are interested in cutting through the drivel and actually raising issues of importance.

I'm not inclined to 'move on', because it'll be more of the same rubbish today and the day after and next month and next year. It's bad for our democracy. I think the public disenchantment with politics speaks for itself.

You've moved from a Senate "Estimates Committee" to "Question Time".

I understand the Greens are pure in some people's eyes but the cross benchers including the Greens are hardly immune from grandstanding / stunts / making an issue of the tissue.

Time to move on.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:07 pm

That's one ugly coffee table
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:10 pm

think positive wrote:
That's one ugly coffee table

Considering you can buy pink Italian Marble for between $50 and $100 per square metre, the quote to fix it is also pure banditry.

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/italy-pink-marble.html

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:42 pm

Hughesy and Kate's latest Instagram post.
#SIDEBYSIDE
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:44 pm

How do you usually introduce yourself?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 141 of 277   

Jump to: