Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 141, 142, 143 ... 150, 151, 152  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 3:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

My trying to anticipate the clubs thinking regarding our needs at the upcoming M S D.
We have two spots available, so I’m guessing the conversation would be around filling any short term need and then considering a longer term project need, subject to still being available. Our ruck vulnerability would likely see us focus on a mature age, plug and play option to satisfy any short term concerns on our list. It’s also easier to find a ruckman from the MSD who can come in and be serviceable, than it is to find the clubs next 10 year key forward. More difficult to anticipate is whether we would go with a second selection or not. I think that would be determined by whoever is or isn’t left in the pool by the time our second pick comes around. There’s no use taking a second selection for the sake of it, especially if the recruiting team have already determined their pre selections are all off the table.
Eyre remains an unknown and McStay and Steene will be back at some stage, so it becomes a balancing act of filling holes now versus potentially having a surplus of a position in another two months time. It’s going to be very interesting to see if we take that second player or not and if they do, just what type of player he is.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 3:22 pm

Pep wrote:
"Collingwood have interest in Bombers forward Harrison Jones. Currently OOC, expect the forward to repay the faith from Essendon but Pies looking at tall options."

I don't think he's any good. He misses a tonne of set shots (including the one right before Elliott after the siren).
Still at least he is young. And a far better suggestion than Lobb.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 3:36 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Picking up Jack Riewoldt isn't as silly as it sounds. I can't see it happening but anything is possible.

Been thinking about this.
Is he match fit? Is his heart in it? He's been involved in the Tassie Devils getting up and running.
I mean, he kicked plenty of goals last year. So, it could depend on where we're sitting on the ladder at MSD time. But if it's an area we need to fix, he is a great short term solution for half a season.

This quote is some months old now. I'd forgotten all about it. Until I saw him on TV last night. He isn't making a comeback.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 6:49 pm

AFL Mid-Season Draft 2024: Brynn Teakle could be answer to Collingwood’s ruck crisis
Brynn Teakle could be the answer to Collingwood’s ruck crisis with the East Fremantle star on the radar of several clubs ahead of the mid-season rookie draft on Wednesday. The reigning premiers are sweating on scans for premiership big man Mason Cox after he injured his knee in their draw with Walyalup (Fremantle) at Optus Stadium on Friday night...

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/afl-mid-season-draft-2024-brynn-teakle-could-be-answer-to-collingwoods-ruck-crisis-c-14794119

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Magpie Russ Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 6:54 pm

Pick 12 and Pick 20 in the mid-season draft. If they are breathing, can stand up and are tall - we will pick them.
I don’t know what the rules are but conceivably you could get picked in the Draft on Wednesday and be playing for the reigning Premiers on Friday.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 7:18 pm

Cox could be missing for some time, Begg gone for season, Steen gone, so, in mid season draft, CODE RED, ALL POINTS BULLETIN, GET A BLOODY RUCK MAN. NOW.!!!!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 9:46 pm

Magpie Russ wrote:
Pick 12 and Pick 20 in the mid season draft. If they are breathing, can stand up and are tall - we will pick them.
I don’t know what the rules are but conceivably you could get picked in the Draft on Wednesday and be playing for the reigning Premiers on Friday.

Historically, there have been very few success stories at all after pick 20 from an M S D. Only Cooper Sharman ( StKilda ) at pick 21 continues to be selected on a semi regular basis in a pretty ordinary team.
It’s always easy to say load up and pick a second player but maintaining a player on a club list costs a lot of money, so there’s no point making a selection if the club isn’t convinced there’s a some chance he would show something at AFL level. As an aside, we may yet be able to select earlier than pick 20 if clubs pass before then but the fact remains our second pick would be at very long odds to make it as an AFL footballer.
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 10:59 pm

Magpie Russ wrote:
Pick 12 and Pick 20 in the mid season draft. If they are breathing, can stand up and are tall - we will pick them.

Easy dubs….Pick 12 Bryn Teakle (204cm Ruck)…Pick 20 Jackson Hately (190cm inside mid). Would technically be a free hit. Let’s f$#kin go!!!!

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 9:56 am

Rory Lobb to Collingwood 2025? Surely, we have a spot for him in our team, up forward and 2nd ruck.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/western-bulldogs/afl-2024-rory-lobb-trade-request-western-bulldogs-trade-news-fourth-team-victorian-club-who-is-interested-latest-news/news-story/b3189d5e59eb3d1f7769a79ffd599efa
Boot 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 10:10 am

Rory Lobb is a dud player who teases clubs with his 207 cm frame but has no real heart for the game. He is a big NO from me as far as being a trade target for Collingwood. He hasn't been able to maintain a game for Footscray despite being gifted a season of playing in the first year of his 4 year deal with them. I see him as a very over rated player.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 11:19 am

If he comes for free, let's see what Fly can do with his motivation...
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 12:52 pm

Lobb is better than Cox. Stats confirm. and he's 2 years younger.
We get Lobb for 2 years and cox retires. Cox has been of good service, but don't get lost in the Romance of his US back story.
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 1:05 pm

is sofiridis still playing in the VFL?
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 1:36 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:
Rory Lobb to Collingwood 2025?
surely we have a spot for him in our team, up forward and 2nd ruck.

Lobb is a hack. And I'm not convinced he is that good of a bloke either. He's never been above an average player and at 30+, it's a supper pass from me.

I agree with the below:

Boot wrote:
Rory Lobb is a dud player who teases clubs with his 207 cm frame but has no real heart for the game. He is a big NO from me as far as being a trade target for Collingwood. He hasn't been able to maintain a game for Footscray despite being gifted a season of playing in the first year of his 4 year deal with them. I see him as a very over rated player.

Just don't even go there Pies.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 1:38 pm

^Sofo is injured, dont quote me on that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 141, 142, 143 ... 150, 151, 152  Next
Page 142 of 152   

Jump to: