Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Users browsing this topic:1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: RudeBoy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 152, 153, 154  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 3:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Big T wrote:
Whatever we do if we trade more future first round picks for mids or small forwards then it will be very disappointing.

From what I understand Wright or Kelly had said, the plan going forward is not to trade for players but use the draft and free agency. That may mean trading out some players to get draft picks. If they don't radically alter the points process for academy kids, we could bundle low picks up for higher picks from Northern state clubs.

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:02 pm

Presti35 wrote:
This year, there's been a lot of talk about Doggies players leaving the club or wanting out. Treloar and Richards are signed on until 2025, but ask yourself, would you welcome Treloar back?

I'm really not that keen on Lobb, but is there anyone else at the Dogs we can try to get over?

I would love Ed Richards to return to see his orange locks atop a black and white jumper. Of course there's some romance in there for the Pies. Better chance of getting Ed of the Dogs than Merrett out of the Dons now they've improved in 2024.

think better 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:51 pm

Just asking .... I've watched a bit of our VFL games. Patrick Farrant seems impressive to me. I wonder if he could earn a rookie spot at the end of the year.
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:29 pm

Farrant has a good leap and has attempted a few speccies without the mark. He hadn’t really broken out at VFL level but booted lots of goals for his district club. Not sure if he has enough muscle or speed for AFL but let’s see.

Callum Moore booted another 7goals for the Wangaratta Magpies in the O&M yesterday. He’s backed up a few bags of goals with another bag.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:36 pm

That Sparke’s bloke been noticed by the coaching staff. Would he be a chance down the track to nominate for draft
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:46 pm

Mc luggage staying with Lions - 7 years.
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:44 am

If we’re weren’t already, I’d be going Hardwick Battle & Bailey Smith in that order
piffdog 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:59 am

Where would you play Harwick? I dont see it really. He's 27, this season averaging 10 kicks, 2 tackles and a goal. I know he made a big difference against us, but I wouldnt be going hard. Not sure why Hawks would let him go either...

I think Baily Smith would be my priority. I think he would thrive in our team. Dont know much about Battle - always seemed a plodder at the Saints although apparently having a better year this year. These players always get hyped when they are out of contract.

Boot 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:00 am

Josh Battle from StKilda would be a good replacement for Nathan Murphy's spot and add to the depth of Key Backs. Also Howe is not getting any younger so his spot in the team will be available sooner than later and hence we need to replace his class and experience.
The question about Battle, who I'm sure will get a big offer from Nth Melbourne too, is if he is a better option than Charlie Dean. I think Dean has shown a bit in the last couple of weeks and at 195 cm has some potential to hold down that 3rd tall defenders role in the team over the next couple of years. Battle has shown some scope to be a capable swing-man playing both CHB and switching to pinch hit up forward for Saints so that adds to his attraction but I doubt he would be at the top of Collingwoods target recruits at the end of this season.
Lots of scuttle-butt around the potential return of Mark Keane the Irishman playing well at fullback for Adealide Crows at the moment. Personally I can't see this happening as I would think both Keane and the Crows would both be very happy with each other at the moment.
Bailey Smith is definitely gettable from the Dogs at the end of this season and is an interesting prospect. Personally I think he is a bit of a "downhill skier" but he does have pace and elite endurance which is handy to have these days, but does he deserve to be a top end earner at Collingwood? I don't think he has ever won any awards or been selected as an All Australian. He had a couple of very good games for Footscray during the 2021 finals series but apart from that struggled in 2023 and is recovering from an ACL this season.
I guess we have to pay market value and elite players don't come cheap.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:32 am

^^ you have probably put it better than I did. If Dean can be as good as Battle (over the course of his career - and lets be honest, no one knows), then I would rather save our purchasing power for a game breaker (midfield or forward).
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:51 am

Bailey Smith is locked away with us.

Just a matter of who else, if anyone else

derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:07 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
^

What has you so confident?

Magpie Russ Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:54 am

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
Jarrod Berry (Lions) – Has been working in good faith with the Lions and has a multi-year offer in front of him, looks like staying.
Blake Hardwick (Hawks) – The swingman should stay on a long-term deal but nothing has been agreed to as yet.
Cam Zurhaar (Kangaroos) – Despite reports, Sydney did not make contact early this season to register interest in the forward-midfielder. Only averaging 12.9 disposals and 1.3 goals per game this year and yet to give an indication of whether he wants to stay or go.
Tim English (Bulldogs) – Dogs remain keen to lock in the ruck, and discussions remain ongoing.
Ben Ainsworth (Suns) – No rush on this one but all signs point to Ainsworth staying put.
Patrick Dangerfield (Cats) - Not going anywhere but no real movement on a new contract yet.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
Harry Perryman (Giants) – Has become a belle of the free agency ball this year with South Australian sides keen on the defender-midfielder. Could the offers stretch beyond $4 million? No serious traction yet on him sticking around.
Tyson Stengle (Cats) – Having a strong year and said last month it is his “preference” to stay with the Cats. Clubs in need of goalkicking power with room to move such as St Kilda, Essendon and even Collingwood would have to inquire.
Josh Battle (Saints) – There is a lot of salary cap space to fill at Hawthorn and North Melbourne and a desperate need for tall defenders. Could Collingwood come knocking as a Nathan Murphy replacement? As an unrestricted free agent defender at the age of 25, Battle is right in the sweet spot for a big offer.
Conor Nash (Hawks) – The big-bodied midfielder says he wants to stay with the Hawks but would be silly not to look at offers.
Elliot Yeo (Eagles) – With McCluggage gone, do those after a midfield boost start hunting Yeo? He put together an exceptional month in the early rounds of the year before a minor injury setback. The Eagles appear keen to keep him and while other offers might be weighty, it’s hard seeing them netting a major free agency compensation pick for the Eagles. Good friends with Harley Reid, so keeping him as a mentor might be ideal for the Eagles.
Isaac Cumming (Giants) – Injury has the rebounder sidelined at the moment and he has only played two VFL games all year. Clubs are always keen for excellent users off half-back and the Giants have no shortage in their senior side, so he could be tipped out.
Jack Graham (Tigers) – Averaging just 15 touches this year – his equal-lowest since his debut season. Still only 26 so a lot of footy ahead of him but with Richmond flailing, could a fresh start be best for both parties?

Other Unrestricted FA: Elliott Himmelberg, Bailey Banfield, Jake Kolodjashnij, Nick Holman, Kamdyn McIntosh, Tim Membrey, Mason Wood, Harry Cunningham, Jason Johannisen

OUT OF CONTRACT PLAYERS
Bailey Smith (Bulldogs) – The Dogs conceded recently they would like to have some indication of Smith’s plans early this year. All signs point to him leaving.
Jake Stringer (Bombers) – Is he a difference maker St Kilda is after? Or Adelaide? Stringer told this masthead recently he hasn’t spoken to the club at all about a new deal but he wants to stick around at Essendon.
Liam Baker (Tigers) - Interesting choice ahead of the vice-captain, with West Australian sides lining up for him this year.
Logan McDonald (Swans) – Has been quiet on his contract front but the West Australian has said he is keen to stick around. Enjoying his best season yet but hasn’t kicked multiple goals in a game since round 8.

Other Out of Contract: Sam Berry, Jack Martin, Jye Caldwell, Ned Moyle, Changkuoth Jiath, Lloyd Meek, Bailey Scott, Thomson Dow

Last edited by Magpie Russ on Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:27 am

Collingwood's NEW 2024 Free Agency Target | Ned Moyle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z4UPNjnxa8&t=395s

Ruck 22, 206cm
Stats:
https://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/players/5312/ned-moyle

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:18 pm

Moyle's not a FA though is he? Out of contract yes, but not a FA.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 152, 153, 154  Next
Page 147 of 154   

Jump to: