Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

No but gettable
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:40 pm

The Wangaratta Magpies Callum Moore kicked another lazy 9 in their demolition of the Wodonga Raiders. He’s not a draft chance I know but a sneaky rookie / SSP or DFA given his delisting from Richmond a few years ago.

I don’t know what Ben Reid is feeding the team up there but it’s working.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:13 pm

How do we entice LDU away from north ?
He fits our need. Inside mid, decent ball user, can push forward as required, under 26 years of age.
He’s been good in a really bad side imagine how much better he could go when talent around him.
Surely he would like to play in front of 75,000 every other week and finals !
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:51 pm

Good question QLDmagpie67.

Could only be a trade at this time, he's not a FA yet. We would have to give up something equivalent to make this work. Can't see it happening for the Pies but I would be happy to be surprised and we still have draft picks available for the likes of Tom McGuane in 2026 etc.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:01 pm

New interest in WC's Tom Barass from Collingwood

@23:05 Gettable
https://www.afl.com.au/video/1149945/gettable-dogs-pies-eye-eagle-gun-blues-offer-star-mega-deal-giants-big-call?videoId=1149945&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1718153321001

also @25:40 Elliott Yeo

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:38 pm

^ thanks Take_a_screamer... logged on to ask someone to watch the video on my behalf and tell me who they were in to.

My only question is, with limited ammunition and not much draft capital, how high up the list is a hulking defender? I accept that he'd be an upgrade on Frampton and Howe is near the end, but 1) he's not really a howe replacement, 2) we already have a no-frills, Presti full back type and 3) he's gonna cost an arm and a leg both in salary and to extract from the Eagles.

If we can go hard for one big name signing this offseason I dont know that he should be it.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:56 pm

More on Barass/Yeo...

Pair of clubs express interest in premiership Eagle: AFL Trade news

"As it stands, neither Collingwood nor the Western Bulldogs hold a first-round selection in this year's draft, which would likely be a requirement if the Eagles were to entertain a trade."

https://www.zerohanger.com/pair-of-clubs-express-interest-in-premiership-eagle-afl-trade-news-151805/

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:10 pm

^Yeo is an Unrestricted Free Agent so it'd be an acquisition based of a materially improved contract on value & length to what WCE might table.
NB he'd be 31 going into 32 by October '24.
Purely from an on-field perspective, it presents great insurance to a LT injury to any of Crisp, JDG or Pendles.
If the price is right, I'd be happy to roll the dice that with his experience he'd settle into our environment pretty quickly.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:28 pm

If the club is enquiring about Barrass as a significant trade, then you can bet they would be also up to pussy’s bow with Josh Battle as an unrestricted free agent. Barrass is possibly the better player but the trade would be significant. Battle comes as no trade but the contract may be overs and that can be delicate. I imagine the club is preparing for life after Howe and both the above are good intercept defenders and strong in contests.
Barrass was horrible against North, so it doesn’t come as a total shock if he’s moving on and the Eagles are simply taking one small step backwards in order to rebuild with a young group that all come through together.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:07 pm

Discussion on why we might need and get Barass.

"Could Tom Barrass be making his way to Collingwood? Maybe so, even without a first round pick available... I know, I can explain!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6LVekQDgug

@ 5:37 - New rules coming post-2024 allowing clubs to send future round 1 picks.
Not just a year ahead but years ahead. Also @7:30, Josh Battle, Thomas McGuane.

derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:26 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
More on Barass/Yeo...

Pair of clubs express interest in premiership Eagle: AFL Trade news

"As it stands, neither Collingwood nor the Western Bulldogs hold a first-round selection in this year's draft, which would likely be a requirement if the Eagles were to entertain a trade."

https://www.zerohanger.com/pair-of-clubs-express-interest-in-premiership-eagle-afl-trade-news-151805/

Lots of smoke and mirrors going on at this time of year, I actually think that clubs will deliberately fain interest in a player to drive up value or to force other clubs to show there hand in order to mask real FA/trade targets......i sense this is the case with Barrass. Makes little sense for Collingood to chase him.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:02 pm

derkd wrote:
Lots of smoke and mirrors going on at this time of year

C'mon Derek, use the correct idiom - it's ''smoke and shadows behind the windows''.

https://x.com/thefrontbar7/status/1154377870321414144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1154377870321414144%7Ctwgr%5Ecd3a0f8763283039ad0d976dc8819bdf723e1672%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sen.com.au%2Fnews%2F2019%2F07%2F26%2Fcloke-explains-famous-smoke-and-shadows-behind-the-windows-quote

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:59 pm

Barrass is a yes from me. But lets not forget he is going to be 29 in October. So we have to be careful with the trade. We are in the window and he fills a vital role which we need. I'm just not overly comfortable with trading first round picks any more.

Yeo is a yes from me too. But as a Free Agent, we lose nothing if he accepts the contract we offer.

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:00 am

I have to say I'm fully brain fogged with the flu but I still can't get my head around the Pies wanting to bring in Tom Barass.

Just why. No draft capital this year or next and why would you give away +2year futures now. Just going to dig another hole.

I don't see the attraction in Yeo either banged up at his age. Not like we have a young list with no vets to coach them onfield. We've got heaps of them and will have a few mids turning vets so still no.

To me this is more media beat up around Barass. Seems to have happened every year for the last 5 especially him going to Sydney who are far more in need for a key back than we are.

mattdally 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:25 am

I tend to agree. I don't see the Yeo need. His body struggles to hold up and he is only getting older. Was a great player 6 years ago, but his body has failed him since.

Barass is a good key back, but I think Battle from the Saints would be the better option. No trade required and he is 3 years younger.

I think Bailey Smith would still be on our radar as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152  Next
Page 148 of 152   

Jump to: