Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Bombers thump Pies - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Museman 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
Museman wrote:
Duff Soviet Union wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
jackcass wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
So do people still think things are good at Collingwood? Still think we are a chance of beating anyone?

Lot of anger for a result that anyone with both eyes open could see coming from a mile away, simple fact the last 5-6 weeks we have been shit and it wont just turn around overnight, something is amiss.

I think long term we'll be fine. Fantastic young list. Wasn't confident going into today but even so that performance was way worse than expected. Seems to be a lack of confidence and I'm not sure how quickly that can turn around. Might be next game, might be 2015. Time will tell.

That's what's so hard to understand, the list is great. We have a couple of key injuries but the talent overall and still on the park is better than the effort seen over the last 6-8 weeks.

I worked Sunday and wasn't disappointed because I knew it was going to go badly based on what we have shown in recent weeks and Essendons improving form. But I aslo didn't expect us to be that bad, it was something like an hour between goals at one stage?

No it isn't. One truly elite midfielder, another couple of really good ones (Beams, Sidebottom), one fading champ, one sometimes dominant and sometimes invisible key forward, one other excellent key position player (who can't get on the park this year), a few kids who we hope (emphasis on hope) can become good and...that's it pretty much. Everyone else is average or below. It's a pretty average list.

The only difference making injury has been Reid. Everyone else has been eminently replaceable, so that excuse doesn't really hold water.

yes.

No. Not even close.

yes, right on the money.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:07 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Mr. Burns wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
Pathetic effort. No Plan B. No spark. No flair. No win.

The Bombers have certainly gone past us now.

Not surprising as they have a real coach in charge.

if I remember correctly it took Bomber a few years to get his tactics right and even survived an internal review before they became a successful team.

Exactly!

So what?
What matters is the results he brought Geelong and is starting to bring to Essendon.
Are you attempting to co-relate his record with that of our own under-achieving spud? Dont make me laugh.

Buckley's winning percentage = 62.5%

Thompson's winning percentage = 61.6%

Oh and how about Bomber's record over his first four seasons: '00 52.2%, '01 40.9%, '02 50%, '03 31.8%.

In his fourth year he managed to win less than a third of his games. This after three full years to learn his trade and build a list.

He was an under-achieving spud. He should have been sacked, right?

Don't make me laugh Rolling Eyes

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:18 pm

It's also hilarious that Thompson is 'starting to bring results' at Essendon while Buckley is booking a spot in the bottom 8 when both teams have nine wins and seven losses.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:20 am

Museman wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Museman wrote:
us realists should just piss off and support someone else..... why? because that's the best the glass half full mob can muster.

Best post for a while. If you think it was "realistic" that we would win every bloody game by 10 goals, have the best team while we are developing a team under Bucks, if you didn't know that developing teams do have ups and downs/highs and lows/inclines and declines, I hate to break this to you but YOUR realistic expectations are actually totally unattainable, and they only ever set us up for failure. That's when the likes of you can go on your marauding distaste of anything and everything you supposedly love, Collingwood. Evil or Very Mad Mad

Your best ever comment was that your particular "realistic" types should just piss off and support someone else. PLEASE DO..... Idea Rolling Eyes

ahh f $/k off you flog.

Don't be oblique!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:23 am

Breadcrawl wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Mr. Burns wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:

if I remember correctly it took Bomber a few years to get his tactics right and even survived an internal review before they became a successful team.

Exactly!

So what?
What matters is the results he brought Geelong and is starting to bring to Essendon.
Are you attempting to co-relate his record with that of our own under-achieving spud? Dont make me laugh.

Oh and how about Bomber's record over his first four seasons: '00 52.2%, '01 40.9%, '02 50%, '03 31.8%.

In his fourth year he managed to win less than a third of his games. This after three full years to learn his trade and build a list.

Well founded arguments supported by facts.... check
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:43 am

Breadcrawl wrote:
It's also hilarious that Thompson is 'starting to bring results' at Essendon while Buckley is booking a spot in the bottom 8 when both teams have nine wins and seven losses.

it feels as if the clubs are on different, opposite trajectories.

if we are trending upwards with our improvement then the current results will matter less because the improvement will manifest in better outcomes down the track.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:10 am

Breadcrawl wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Mr. Burns wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:

Exactly!

So what?

Thompson didn't take over a team chock full of talent, though.

Thompson built that team.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:18 am

John Wren wrote:
Breadcrawl wrote:

it feels as if the clubs are on different, opposite trajectories.

if we are trending upwards with our improvement then the current results will matter less because the improvement will manifest in better outcomes down the track.

Too true JW. Focusing solely on results can be a bit misleading. People point to StKilda and the Doggies having a bad year and results would support that but I'd argue that both those lists will be better placed for long term success at the end of season 2014 than they were at the end of season 2013. Short term pain for long term gain underpins all rebuilds, the alternative is to end up like Carlton.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:32 am

Defender wrote:
Thompson didn't take over a team chock full of talent, though.

Thompson built that team.

Thompson certainly built the team at Geelong but it took him 8 seasons. The flaw in your arguement is the assessment of the list Buckley inherited. Quality lists don't have huge chasms at certain age groups, particularly at the prime 24-28 age group which is when players seem to be at their peak. Go and have a look at the age profile of our squad at the beginning of 2012 season. Yes we had some very talented players but we also had some glaring deficiencies. This "youngest grand final side" since whenever has sucked a few of us into thinking we were headed for a dynasty, reality is that MM was building toward a 2011 GF and just got there a year early.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:51 am

Nine of the premiership 22 is now gone.

That's half the team on the field at any one time.

The same guy who describes a team as 'chock full of talent' denigrates the ability of same players. Opinion of players changes to suit current agenda.

Bomber is awesome because he built a team in only seven years. Buckley is not entitled to half that time to do the same, even though his early record is substantially better.

So many termites these days.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:53 am

Breadcrawl wrote:

The same guy who describes a team as 'chock full of talent' denigrates the ability of same players. Opinion of players changes to suit current agenda.

Bomber is awesome because he built a team in only seven years. Buckley is not entitled to half that time to do the same, even though his early record is substantially better.

bomber kept the faith with a number of his players. varcoe and hawkins immediately spring to mind. he (bomber) was out the door at one point but the club kept the faith in him.

premierships are $£$%^%%$ difficult things to win no matter how good you are. there's 17 other clubs trying to a) stop you and b) win one of their own.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:56 am

Breadcrawl wrote:

Exactly, and that doesn't even give credit to all the other players who were on the list in 2010, or who were added since, who have also left. And according to some on here half the residual 14 players aren't good enough to be in the current team either.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:45 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:

I only bag our players when they deserve it, like I bag the coach, you simply can't defend some of the decisions Buckley has made lately, using Maxy as a KB is ridiculous at the best of times, but to do in his first game back from injury was moronic.

Playing Kennedy as the sub was almost as moronic, as was playing 3 slow inside mids against a very fast team.

Playing White KB in the VFL was a good idea, but only if you're actually going to use him in that possy in the seniors, as it turned out he played 1 week in defence then was rushed back to the seniors as a fwd-ruck.

Dropping Keefe was also dumb, why is it when he plays one bad game he's dropped, but others aren't? It's almost like Bucks made him the scapegoat for the GC loss, but our midfield who were obliterated get a reprieve, as usual.

We've gone goalless for around an hour (give or take) 3-4 times this season, yet he persists with playing 2 defensive fwds and a loose man either back or around the ball, alarm bells are ringing.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:10 pm

Defender wrote:
Breadcrawl wrote:

I only bag our players when they deserve it, like I bag the coach, you simply can't defend some of the decisions Buckley has made lately, using Maxy as a KB is ridiculous at the best of times, but to do in his first game back from injury was moronic.

Playing Kennedy as the sub was almost as moronic, as was playing 3 slow inside mids against a very fast team.

Playing White KB in the VFL was a good idea, but only if you're actually going to use him in that possy in the seniors, as it turned out he played 1 week in defence then was rushed back to the seniors as a fwd-ruck.

Dropping Keefe was also dumb, why is it when he plays one bad game he's dropped, but others aren't? It's almost like Bucks made him the scapegoat for the GC loss, but our midfield who were obliterated get a reprieve, as usual.

We've gone goalless for around an hour (give or take) 3-4 times this season, yet he persists with playing 2 defensive fwds and a loose man either back or around the ball, alarm bells are ringing.

From Nick Maxwell's farewell letter to Collingwood supporters yesterday.

I ask for your continued support of Eddie McGuire, Gary Pert and Nathan Buckley as they do all that they can to bring you - us - more success.

This competition is not easy - on or off the field - and we cannot achieve anything unless we stand side by side.

I have seen the blood, sweat and tears that are shed every day at the Collingwood Football Club and I trust the people leading us are the best around.

Believe in the people and the club that has brought us all together as I do.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-07-16/maxwells-letter-to-supporters.

You one of "us", or one of them.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:52 pm

Woods wrote:
Defender wrote:
Breadcrawl wrote:

From Nick Maxwell's farewell letter to Collingwood supporters yesterday.

I ask for your continued support of Eddie McGuire, Gary Pert and Nathan Buckley as they do all that they can to bring you - us - more success.

This competition is not easy - on or off the field - and we cannot achieve anything unless we stand side by side.

I have seen the blood, sweat and tears that are shed every day at the Collingwood Football Club and I trust the people leading us are the best around.

Believe in the people and the club that has brought us all together as I do.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-07-16/maxwells-letter-to-supporters.

You one of "us", or one of them.

I can NEVER see any of the usual bloody pessimistic "perceptive fellow" here being side by side with us Collingwood supporters. It's just not in their DNA to be totally and rationally realistic or indeed positive, and much prefer to go to funerals than a fun event. This sad stuff meets their own needs better than happy stuff. I know it takes all types to make the world and unfortunately these "perceptive fellow", just like termites, do exist to kill off any foundation of an united front at Collingwood...... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16   

Jump to: