Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Not happy Pies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:

.......Boyd has played a grand total of 19 games, and they are paying squillions for him, AND the dogs are paying a million bucks to GWS, for Griffen, as part of his package, they are paying a cool million to beef up a guy who wont even play for them anymore Exclamation Surprised Shocked ......

Actually, Boyd has only played 9 games, for 8 goals. Smile
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:21 am

All of a sudden the welfare can afford to payout millions, something's a miss here.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:32 am

ANNODAM wrote:
All of a sudden the welfare can afford to payout millions, something's a miss here.

Probably less than they would have been paying Griffen and Cooney combined. Add in Higgins and you'd reckon they've got space.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:10 pm

Museman wrote:
jackcass wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
jackcass wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
So, we'll see how pick 21 goes compared to Crisp in the next few years given we baulked 5, 21 and 25 in favour on 5, 25 and Crisp

At least get your facts right... just once... we suggested 5,21,25, Brisbane declined. Pick 21 was never in play in our Beams negotiations.

Schwab said Friday that this deal was on the table briefly and we said no. Then they took it off to trade 21 elsewhere.

The Magpies asked for pick 21 once it was secured but the Lions kept it to use for the star Cat.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-10/lions-wont-up-beams-offer

No,

Schwab said Friday that this deal was on the table briefly and we said no. Then they took it off to trade 21 elsewhere

Is exactly what was said.

It could be that thy offered just 5, and 21...and no 25 and this is why we said no, but the above statement was definitely made by schwab.

Not could be. Was. According to those involved. Hine said on the same day that we asked for 5, 21 and 25 and the Lions rejected it. Schawb said that 21 was on the table for a brief period. That can only mean 5 and 21 with Brisbane then looking to use 25 on Christensen instead.

Nothing suggests that 5, 21 and 25 was ever on the table. We would have done that deal. It is clearly better than the deal we settled for and one Hine publicly stated we'd asked for.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Yawn... Rolling Eyes
swooper_101 Libra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:20 pm

Something occurred to me this morning. The club did do a good job. Would we of preferred Beams? Sure. I honestly think he was gone no matter what.

What we got for Beams, in comparison to what the Hawks got for Franklin is pretty good. Franklin is easily a better player, but the Hawks got pick 19. We got lucky with Daisy compensation pick too (pick 11), when compared to Franklin. Geelong got 2 number 1 picks, which is fine, considering Ablett is, I think, the best player in 2 decades.

So when I look at that, I feel quite good about it. Chances are, if we kept Beams, we would of got a significantly less trade/pick(s). Just the fact that we got pick 5, while the Hawks got shafted with pick 19, puts it all in perspective for me. Hopefully, it helps some others see this too.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:38 pm

swooper_101 wrote:
Something occurred to me this morning. The club did do a good job. Would we of preferred Beams? Sure. I honestly think he was gone no matter what.

What we got for Beams, in comparison to what the Hawks got for Franklin is pretty good. Franklin is easily a better player, but the Hawks got pick 19. We got lucky with Daisy compensation pick too (pick 11), when compared to Franklin. Geelong got 2 number 1 picks, which is fine, considering Ablett is, I think, the best player in 2 decades.

So when I look at that, I feel quite good about it. Chances are, if we kept Beams, we would of got a significantly less trade/pick(s). Just the fact that we got pick 5, while the Hawks got shafted with pick 19, puts it all in perspective for me. Hopefully, it helps some others see this too.

The problem is Melbourne has stuffed us completely up with their compo pick, the top 4 draft picks (left due to Moore) are clearly the best choices by a long way.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:46 pm

swooper_101 wrote:

Shhhh start using logic and Nicks will go into a meltdown

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:11 pm

I'm not sure how the Franklin compensation and the Beams trade are comparable. If Franklin was traded for pick 19 it would be relevant. But he wasn't.
swooper_101 Libra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:41 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
I'm not sure how the Franklin compensation and the Beams trade are comparable. If Franklin was traded for pick 19 it would be relevant. But he wasn't.

I used it as a comparison for next year, we only ever had 2 choices, trade to Brisbane now, or keep him on for the year and get screwed even more so next year.

[quote]
Quote:
The problem is Melbourne has stuffed us completely up with their compo pick, the top 4 draft picks (left due to Moore) are clearly the best choices by a long way.

I get that, but that is not really our fault. Still pick 5 is not bad at all. Brisbane don't get a pick till 3rd round. If we didn't trade, we would of been stuck with pick 25. I know what I would prefer giving the circumstances. *shrug*
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:56 pm

I am sure the club did it's homework on getting this deal done, getting Crisp and Greenwood, while getting Pick 5. I think our recruiting during the compromised drafts was pretty good as well, and I've no issue with the deal.

We were never going to find a straight swap for Beams, so we took the next best thing two players that have been in the AFL system, and have a bit of experience and still have age on their side, plus the chance to draft a future Dayne Beams.

In the end we did the deal we got the experienced player we needed, a player with some time on an AFL list that the Lions rate very highly, and a good pick after we were forced to use our first pick on Moore.

Once people get over the loss of Beams they'll probably see the deal in a better light.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:08 pm

[quote="swooper_101"]
AN_Inkling wrote:

I used it as a comparison for next year, we only ever had 2 choices, trade to Brisbane now, or keep him on for the year and get screwed even more so next year.

Quote:
Quote:

I get that, but that is not really our fault. Still pick 5 is not bad at all. Brisbane don't get a pick till 3rd round. If we didn't trade, we would of been stuck with pick 25. I know what I would prefer giving the circumstances. *shrug*

He wasn't a free agent next year either. It still would have been a trade. Could have been a worse one but it wouldn't have been as bad as pick 19. That's unless you want to consider the unlikely option of the pre-season draft.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:10 pm

The Prototype wrote:

Once people get over the loss of Beams they'll probably see the deal in a better light.

I was quite happy right from the first moment I heard Beams wanted out. I felt we could do well out of it. Unfortunately the trade we ended up with was only passable. Much of the fault for that needs to go onto Beams and his selfishness.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:12 pm

That is something I haven't heard of.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:28 pm

Meanwhile Port Adelaide got their man Paddy Ryder. Where there's a will there's a way with Ken Hinkley. I like him. He's a can do guy. That's why they are next in line to take Hawthorn's crown.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18   

Jump to: