Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Grand Final. Sweet 16. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

sincerest condolences to all those who've lost someone this week. life can be tough sometimes but we've all got the Pies and their Premiership in 2023.

hope you're all enjoying the Premiership glow. At the family day at Olympic park today it looked and sounded like the players had a well earned hard night. So great to see the players with their medals. great to see so many people putting the Pies Premiership merchandise to good use!!!

Have watched parts and heard parts of the replay but haven't seen the full thing yet. Will watch that man times when I get the chance. Watching the kayo mini now. After all the AFL umpire shenanigans this year, I don't think there were any score reviews yesterday. Such a better game with strong decision making and no uncertainty.

So many moments. Bobby Hill's speccy. Naicos hands. Big Tall Marks in the second half. Pendles stopped time in the 3rd, surely how did he find that space to kick that goal. So many goals from the 50m line. De Goey, Hill, Crisp, Crisp and Sidebottom!!!

I've watched Sidey's launch 5 times on regular and slow speed. The camera cuts away from the front view and I can only watch the kick from behind. Whilst it looks like he was holding for a torp the camera cuts away as he walks up. From behind in the air in slow motion, it looks to be spinning like a drop punt but wobbling in the air. On the triple M replay they called it a low penetrating kick. The called for a barrel before the kick but didn't say it after. I so wanted it to be a torpedo but it doesn't matter, it was such a great goal!!!

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:29 pm

Sorry for your loss, Rudeboy. Both you folks who lost loved ones, take care of yourselves in the coming weeks.

What an emotional week, nay year.

A surreal win, made of the finest of margins. Think of the games that Bobby and Tommy played, whom along with Frampers arrived off the back of a highly disadvantageous cap position. Then, we secure top spot, an achievement that rested on four one-kick wins, including an Ash Johnson rushed behind against the Crows, giving us a home run. After that, we win a prelim by a single damned point. Finally, we pull off the cup by a kick in the last quarter, including a hitherto extinct 60m bomb from Sidey, one key defender down, another with three broken ribs.

The finest of margins. Get anything wrong the whole way through, from drama-free administration and inspired cap management and recruiting, to injury recovery and team selection decisions, and it might not be.

And all that resting on the best club culture in the league. Anything goes wrong along the way, and the outcome is in jeopardy.

Madness, when you think about it. Yet here we are Cool Cool

Last edited by pietillidie on Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:29 pm

Woke up this morning happy, checked the media on the tablet to make sure it wasn't a dream and read every fkn thing I could.

Sat back from midday and listened to the MMM call of the game replay. Loved it, loved the win, this team is special.

K 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:39 pm

piedys wrote:
Big shout out to Berry, who just cost Lions the flag with 50M penalties.
Big shout out to Grundy, at home, counting his ca$h, and wondering if he can demoralise a 5th AFL coach in 4 seasons...

Big shout out to GWS; thanks for the hit-out last week lads
Big shout out to Melbourne; coulda, shoulda, woulda....
Big shout out to Whorethorn; who somehow beat both grand finalists on MCG during the season, but can't beat also rans...
Big shout out to Caaaaarrrrlllton... just to say suck it hard, you pricks.

That's the spirit. Exclamation Cool
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:43 pm

Just so PROUD
K 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:47 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Far out, we never win them easy do we? Smile

Class will out, and we saw that yesterday, Sidey, Naicos, De Goey at the end

And Pendlebury.

Our best players old and young kicked the clutch goals. (And our only 2nd-half goals! Need some more forwards!)

Last edited by K on Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:48 pm

Lol the only report by the MRP is Cox

"COLLINGWOOD ruckman Mason Cox has been slapped with a fine for rough conduct against Brisbane's Darcy Gardiner during the Pies' four-point win over the Lions in Saturday's Grand Final.

The incident occurred in the third term, with Cox slapped with a $3,000 fine by the Match Review Officer for the incident that was graded as careless, low impact and high contact.

The penalty can be reduced to $2,000 with an early plea
."

Effing Cameron walks free for his late charge on Jeremy Howe, breaking three of his ribs. Effing outrageous.

K 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:50 pm

Gerry Cooper wrote:
Effing Cameron walks free for his late charge on Jeremy Howe, breaking three of his ribs. Effing outrageous.

Hmm...

Trying to remember Scott Burns on Brown. Burns was suspended, right?

How is Cameron's hit more legal than that?

(Remember Brown's father had a huge whinge about it. I say: live by the sword, die by the sword.)
swooper 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:57 pm

Jezza wrote:
That was the greatest football experience of my life Very Happy

I'll never forget it.

So true. I was young but I do remember losing in '77. Then I saw the losses of 79, 80 and 81. Was overseas in 1990. Missed out on tickets in 2002, 2003, 2010. Got tickets to 2018. And finally saw a win LIVE yesterday.

Absolutely the greatest football day of my life. So happy. Thank you for making me one happy gal. Very Happy
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:19 pm

Just watched the full replay

We won that as well. 😱

the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:24 pm

^ How were those last 5 mins Baz?!
Just re watched it for a second time and I might just go for another.
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:26 pm

Pete 70 wrote:
Enjoying watching as many videos as I can. Fagans press conference is pure class.

Yep. Compare to Goodwin. What a fine, dignified performance that was.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:26 pm

the fuzz wrote:
^ How were those last 5 mins Baz?!
Just re watched it for a second time and I might just go for another.

If you're rewatching, can you try to see when the last interchanges were made and who was involved.

From photos at the final siren... I see Josh Daicos, Ginnivan, Cameron,...

Maybe folks with the AFL app can find this info...

(I'm curious after the JdG interchange PF farce.)
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:30 pm

5 defining moments for me

1. The JDG goal to put us back in front. After 19 goalless minutes and hanging on to a slender lead Cameron kicks a goal to put the Lions in front. A lot of supporters hearts would have sunk given our GF history. What a way to respond from the next centre clearance.

2. That Naicos kick. 0.25 left in the half, scores level and trapped in a phone box under pressure on the wing…..the composure to kick the ball 45m into the middle to open up the play for the go ahead goal after the half time siren. I would challenge anybody else in the comp to do that given the situation.

3. Bobby’s mark. The whole lead up with the audacity of the kick into the middle then to see Bobby climb all over Starcevich while he was shielding the sun from his eyes.

4. Sideys goal. I gave him no chance to make the distance and when it left the boot you could see it was heading straight through. From that point I knew we would win it.

5. Experienced heads. Qtr 4 with the margin under a goal and a few players under the pump (looking at you Mr Berry), it was our 5 time GF experienced players in Pendles and Steele who took control, they knew exactly what to do.

Last edited by Johnno75 on Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:31 pm

What a bloody day!

The oldies put on a show didn’t they! Sidey and Pendles awesome.

The MCG was LOUD!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 16 of 47   

Jump to: