Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152, 153  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Was said on SEN that Bobby Hill 'COULD' be open to a trade back to WA once his contract at Collingwood comes up in 2025...might just be a play by his manager to up his contract value....or maybe he wants to head back to WA.

would be a huge loss, and at this point, this little more than a throw away line....if the worst was to happen what would his value on the market?

Easy top five pick for mine. And if i was Collingwood, you would push for a top 10 pick and a future first rounder.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:36 am

Logan McDonald?

https://www.zerohanger.com/victorian-clubs-make-significant-late-push-for-sydneys-logan-mcdonald-afl-trade-news-151922/

90% salary cap relief on Murphy's salary for next year. That could be $450k we didnt know we would have...

Lets face it, we're unlikely to ever prize out Charlie Curnow or a genuine A Grade KPF, but would we settle for someone like this for 10 years?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:49 pm

The Black and White Lion wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Look, plausible hypothesis, but there's another alternative. Players do it all the time, it doesn't necessarily imply that he's more gettable.

Yes fair point Stui. Maybe I wasn’t exposed to his openness outside the club. Not much time for social media outside Nicks.

But indulge me for a moment Stui. McLuggage said no. Many others said no and have re signed with their incumbent club. We’re still in the hunt for Bailey Smith but who knows what trade value will be extracted. Given 2025first rounder for sure which impacts Thomas McGuane father son. With the new bidding system coming seemingly in 2024, we might be trading our future 2026 first also given we drafted Allen as 1 in 4. I’d expect something back from the dogs but no guarantee. Go with me but if we’re handing over 2 first round draft picks again would you prefer a piece of Bailey Smith or a piece of Christian Petracca?

I hear you, I'd take Petracca any say over Smith. Imagine being able to swap him and Jordy between midfield and forward.

Magpie Russ Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 2:52 pm

derkd wrote:
Was said on SEN that Bobby Hill 'COULD' be open to a trade back to WA once his contract at Collingwood comes up in 2025...might just be a play by his manager to up his contract value....or maybe he wants to head back to WA.

Apart from not having to worry about this until after our three-peat...

"During the 2021 trade period Hill put his name forward requesting a trade to Essendon, but no deal could be reached. The following year he again requested a trade to Victoria, this time to Collingwood, and was traded on 3 October. The Giants trade Hill and its round-three selection (pick No.40) to Collingwood for its round-three selection (43) and its future second-round selection." Leon Davis is a cousin.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:34 pm

derkd wrote:

would be a huge loss, and at this point, this little more than a throw away line....if the worst was to happen what would his value on the market?

Easy top five pick for mine. And if i was Collingwood, you would push for a top 10 pick and a future first rounder.

Swap him for h reid and 1st round pick
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 7:55 pm

Hill situation tricky
He signed 4 year deal on $450k a season to get to Victoria.
He is currently trying to change management companies and his current company are trying to make a market for him with a massive offer to say “hey look what we’ve brought to the table stay with us”
Hill is apparently very upset by this.
He can’t sign a new deal until he sorts out his management issues but Wriht before he left put an offer for an upgraded and extended deal.
Hill isn’t behind any of these rumours and he will stay and once management issues are sorted will sign a extension
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:45 pm

derkd wrote:

Total BS

Just wants a Pay Rise

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:47 am

He will get a new contract extension and a pay rise well before his current contract ends.

He came here with a question mark, got his current deal, he has quickly surpassed expectations.

Extending a current contract is par for the course these days for wanted players. Gotta laugh at footy journos who know better.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:18 am

And now we are linked to Cam Zurhaar from Norf, because of course we are (but I don't mind it).
Boot 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:00 pm

Cam Zurhaar is an interesting option. At his best he is an A-Grade goal kicker with DeGoey like capabilities. Unfortunately his body of work at Nth Melb show he can go missing for large portions of the season with the occasional tease of the talent he has. I haven't heard too much about his attitude while at Nth as they have been such a poor performer over the last 5 years nobody pays to much attention to what is going on at that club.
I'm sure he would add to the goal scoring capability at Collingwood but is he worth the price that he would be demanding?
The fact that he is a Free Agent and would cost Collingwood nothing in draft picks makes him an interesting option so watch this space over the next few months. I'm sure Nth would offer more money than Collingwood would if they really value him, so interesting to see what Nths attitude to keeping him will be.
The intriguing aspect of Zurhaar that would have Collingwood, and at least another couple of other clubs like Hawthorn, Essendon and Carlton would be how much better he would be in a better club than Nth Melb where he wouldn't attract the attention of the best defenders each week.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:42 pm

Rival clubs are interested in getting Joe Richards who's out of contract end of this year.

https://www.zerohanger.com/rival-clubs-eyeing-off-pies-prospect-afl-trade-news-152107/

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:55 pm

Trade Rumours (18th June 2024)...

Elliot Yeo - offered nice 4yr deal, likely to stay at WC
UDL - not looking at contract till later in year
Logan McDonald (2/10) - Magpies keen on him, likely to resign with Sydney
Tyson Stengle - not on our radar
Tom Barass (4/10) - Magpies keen on him but need first round pick.
Josh Battle (8/10) - Magpies keen on him but Hawks favourite?
Wil Hayward - not on our radar
Rory Lobb (5/10) - Magpies are interested
Jacob Weitering - not on our radar
Cam Zurhaar (6/10) - Trade and Need second round pick

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/afl-trade-rumours-news-2024/6715bf89bf2526d9274baccc

Swoop Luke goes through a similar list (x/10) likelihood of getting the player
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOSevpKFpr0

ZeroHanger's list for Collingwood:
Josh Battle, Tom Barass, Adam Tomlinson, Bailey Smith, Elliott Himmelberg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND3_Xac1iSI&t=322s

Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:05 am

If we were to secure TWO recycled players who improve our best 23 in 2025 ( however that looks ) then we will have done very well in the off season. While the increase in the salary cap to all clubs has allowed for increased flexibility in attracting players, it’s also allowed the parent clubs to be able to now offer more in order to keep them.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:41 am

^^^^

Which two are you leaning towards?

Boot 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:30 pm

I'd be happy with securing Josh Battle and Cam Zurhaar at the end of this season. Both would add to the depth but the club needs to decide if the existing players such as Charlie Dean and Harvey Harrison don't already provide what these two offer? In which case then the chasing of a KPF becomes the priority for Collingwood which has been the case for the last decade at least. Just shows how hard it is to land a good key position forward and how lucky we have been to stumble across Brody Mihocek.
I'm really hoping that Collingwood secure Alex Condon as a Cat B recruit for next year and he becomes the successor to an aging Mason Cox but with even more potential since he has a better background in Aussie Rules.
I'm thinking Aiden Begg's future is looking grim for a future role in Collingwood colors given the development of Steen and Smit as future ruckmen and Beggs inability to recast himself as a key position player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152, 153  Next
Page 151 of 153   

Jump to: