Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The great big federal election 2013 thread.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 151, 152, 153 ... 156, 157, 158  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure amongst this wonderful list of preferred candidates you will find a whole host of individuals who are better qualified to run the country as opposed to either the ALP or the Libs.

I am sure many of these have so much more experience in parliament and the process of government in comparison to Tony Abbott are newly elected PM.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:10 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
I am sure amongst this wonderful list of preferred candidates you will find a whole host of individuals who are better qualified to run the country as opposed to either the ALP or the Libs.

I am sure many of these have so much more experience in parliament and the process of government in comparison to Tony Abbott are newly elected PM.

That's a shocking case of people in glass houses throwing stones given Tony Abbott has never achieved anything in life except getting elected; no corporate experience whatsoever, no international knowledge or experience whatsoever, no established career or profession outside politics whatsoever, no government achievements holding a portfolio whatsoever, no leadership achievements whatsoever and no policy platform which bodes well for the future whatsoever.

But he does chair a mean church meeting!

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:00 pm

Member 7167 wrote:

^ Correct! You know something? It was dead easy. You could do it too if you cared for this country a bit more. Mind you, finding someone worse than Abbott to put even lower on the ballot paper, that can be a challenge. Luckily, this election, with all those weirdo racist religious kooks running, it was easy.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:05 pm

What kind of nut votes below the line on a senate ballot paper.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:38 pm

The LNP in power is a win for me financially. As for many friends they will regret their decision but that's life. I want the carbon tax removed so when all the prices don't go down I can laugh. Two terms of a LNP Government is a minimum due to the idiots in opposition. As for the new Senators Laughing
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:40 pm

Anyone who wants an actual vote, Swoop, rather than giving away both his right as an elector and his responsibility as a citizen of a democracy.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:43 pm

Where are you located?
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:02 pm

Tannin wrote:
Anyone who wants an actual vote, Swoop, rather than giving away both his right as an elector and his responsibility as a citizen of a democracy.

Question answered. Razz

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:15 pm

swoop42 wrote:

It means a maximum of 10 more minutes in a polling booth once every three years. I know we're the supposed 'ADD generation' or whatever, but come on! Razz

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:16 pm

What else does it mean?
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:24 pm

David wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

It means a maximum of 10 more minutes in a polling booth once every three years. I know we're the supposed 'ADD generation' or whatever, but come on! Razz

Question answered.

Again. Razz Laughing

David Libra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:32 pm

If that's your definition of a 'weirdo', I think we'll take it. Kyle and Jackie O should do a skit about us. Damn bookreaders!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:54 pm

swoop42 wrote:
David wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Question answered.

Again. Razz Laughing

The other option until they fix the system is to just vote for a major party above the line and minimise the risk of this happening. Like I did. Cool

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:07 pm

Just thought I'd put a little something up to give someone credit where it's due.

I'm in Jagajaga, Jenny Macklins seat. She's a good person but a reasonably ineffectual politician, however I still have some time for her. My son played junior cricket with her son.

Anyway, this year the Libs put a candidate up in the seat who worked his nuts off. First time I ever actually knew who the Lib candidate was before polling day when I read the name. This guy, Nick mcGowan, seriously did some miles.

A little write up on him is here.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2013/mammoth-task-for-nick-mcgowan-to-topple-jenny-macklin-in-jagajaga-20130906-2t9hh.html

He actually got an 8% swing to the Libs in a very safe seat. (I didn't vote for him)

So, after campaigning hard for months including standing by the side of a main road in miserable winter weather morning after morning holding up signs so motorists could put a face to a name on the way to work, where would you expect to find this bloke on the monday morning after all his hard work came to nothing and he still didn't win the seat? Home in bed?

Nope, standing in the same spot on the side of the road, on his own, holding up a sign that said simply "Thank You"

Guy is a class act, credit where it's due and I hope good things come to him.

David Libra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:41 pm

stui magpie wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
David wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Question answered.

Again. Razz Laughing

The other option until they fix the system is to just vote for a major party above the line and minimise the risk of this happening. Like I did. Cool

Hmm. Don't they also make deals with microparties? I know that it's a little more complicated because they tend to reach quotas easily, but their votes still have to be distributed afterwards. I'm pretty sure the Family First guy wouldn't have gotten in in SA without Coalition preferences, for instance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 151, 152, 153 ... 156, 157, 158  Next
Page 152 of 158   

Jump to: