Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Laugh at Carlscum thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 158, 159, 160 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlton only scored 1 behind in that quarter... and it was kicked by Judd Very Happy
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:56 pm

Oh Jezza please come out to play tonight I cant wait to see what happens after a 10 goal to 1 behind quarter.
This will be worth staying up for
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:56 pm

The old man shows why he has not a clue, how they thought he was the messiah is beyond me, and didya see the new Scum president at half time, looks like a Godfather mafia member from Lygon st. ! LOL

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:19 pm

And here we go again.

Back soon. Toodles!

Twisted Evil

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:36 pm

Quote:
well done swans :clap:

Quote:
Take out that 3rd qrt and it wasn't too bad..... Hahaha

Quote:
How good was Buddy !

6 goals worth of good, in my opinion...

Quote:
Paganesque

There's the P-word again...

Quote:
For anyone in doubt (anyone ....?), this is where we are at ...

Depending on what the message of the week is, your coach.

Quote:
And i thought the final last year was bad
About 50 points worse off this year

Quote:
Sydney in the third were in a league of their own. Wow.
Another reminder how far behind we are from winning a premiership.

Quote:
Team is just not up to following a game plan for more then one half. Full effort and hardness was required to close Swans down and always third man up to their talls. Once they got a couple of cheap goals they folded. Had the team kept at it, it would have been close. Problem is that a few players can't do it / don't have the skills.

Quote:
1st vs 13th.
To be expected.
If you're 13th you can't be expected to win. The boys busted their guts for three quarters.
It happens most weeks. It's why we're 13th and not 8th. Lapses here and there where the good teams just keep their foot on your throats.

A win would have been nice for the soul but would have done nothing for the draft. We have to nail a super midfielder with the first pick and hope the large number of talls will land us a decent one with our second pick.

Of course if we had an extra million to play with, like three other clubs, we could just go and buy someone like Franklin or Tippett. Or both.

Yep, just like in the olden days. Old mindset, looking nostalgically back on the old days of old glory. The world has left you mob behind!

Quote:
..Parker.. ....so very good..

Quote:

Yep..far more about where we're at than how good the Swans are. Many of the mistakes were under 13's stuff. It was ridiculously bad.

Quote:
How many points did Franklin kick?

Nice pick up if you've got the salary cap space for it.

One way to remedy that...

Quote:
Another example of how weak this mob is

Quote:
can i ask a serious question

do people believe were a good club with a crap coach???

Quote:
Tonight is more about us than Sydney.

We lost to Melbourne and GWS this year and you want to blame the COLA?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Not sure about good club. Positive we have a crap coach.

Here come the drums...

Twisted Evil
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:53 pm

Quote:
We're a below average club with a (just) above average coach

Damning with faint praise!

Quote:
We are an average club with a rubbish coach

Quote:
Midfield smashed. Just not enough ball winners.

Aside from Murphy, Gibbs (who really tried) and Judd around the packs - there was no one else.

All the other players were either defensive, or just couldn't get first hands to it.

I thought Murphy and Gibbs played well.

Casboult and Henderson both had moments - from very limited chances.

Warnock, Ellard, McLean, Curnow, Thomas and Bell all hindrances. Plus others.
Good thing there is plenty in the reserves to take their spots.....FMD.

That was it.....that was our best team. With such a poor recruitment and development record - this is what we will have to put up with for the next 3 years.

Which is fine if the club admits it and rebuilds.

Exact expected result.

Quote:
Thing about playing a top of the range team is that it really shows how many of your own players are actually competitive.

Gibbsy can hold his own with Swans opposition. Not many else tonight.

Quite a few are miles off it. Think Davy Ellard has played his last game for Carlton.

Quote:
Chin up everyone, they beat the Cats by 110. We're better than the best side of the last 7 years!!!

Wow... there IS a silver lining for you after all! Laughing

Quote:
He was sacked by Collingwood

Which one? I mean, you guys really have done some quality bin-scabbing of our dumpsters over the past few years. You've picked up that many of our rejects, you're statement could apply to literally anyone! Laughing

And on the salary cap thing...

Quote:
We would overpay the dross we currently have even more. Maybe give "the champ Juddy" a little extra coin just for one more year.

I dont trust those imbeciles one bit with an million extra

With good recruiting over the last 5 years, we should have a million IN THE BANK for future years

Look at Hawthorn...reigning premiers and second favourite this year and the Buddy departure has given them a warchest

Quote:
is Shane O'Sullivan still there?

Part of the football department for a while now....what does he do exactly?

Orange duty.

Quote:
Not sure why people are keen to apportion blame to one person or part of the club over another.

We're universally shit.

Carry on...

Quoted for truth.

And lols! Laughing

Quote:
incompetent club hands millions to delusional coach

I like it!

Quote:
Norm Smith won a lot of flags, Pagan won a couple, Sheedy won a lot

They all have use by dates. Wink

The club currently does not have the ability to think clearly about coaching appointments - the last time they planned carefully was with Wayne Brittain.

They never learn!

Oh, can you hear those drums beating, Mickey?

Twisted Evil
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:59 pm

The old man is being interviewed right now
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:00 pm

and he isn't happy. Poor Sam Lane!
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:02 pm

Why is this thread back in this wasteland of a forum? It deserves to take its rightful place as a permanent fixture in general chat Sad
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:04 pm

Grumpy old fool knows his time has come, he is gawn beyond recall.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:05 pm

Micky Mouse reckons with 'a bit of luck' the bloozers could have beaten us this year!

This is moments after he denied playing favourites with the players.

Love your work Mick Smile
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:09 pm

Master of distraction Malthouse...

I'm torn... would love to see him sacked before he can break Jock's record. Although keep him there and Carlton will remain a rabble Smile

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:09 pm

How long to go before he equals the record?
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Quote:
Docherty, murph, Gibbs, Casboult and Henderson showed spirit.
Rowe/Jamo really battled but not many defenders could stop such an onslaught.
The older brigade in Judd/Simpson tried but can't escape Father Time (still better than majority of the list)

Perfect game to show the deadwood.

Funny how everyone was praising Laidler, as he supposedly had a massive impact. Yet Everitt who didn't play well wasn't used as a comparison - easy to look better in a dominant team.
Everitt would have looked pretty good running around for the swans tonight. I bet the same couldn't have been said of Laidler if he was on buddy/Reid/Goodes for the blues tonight

Quote:
We have a club that should always make the 8, bottom end of it admittedly. Given we've played 4 of the last 5 finals series that's a fair summary. As far as a coach goes, obviously an outstanding career but won't coach this team to their strengths instead coaching to his own theories. Those theories don't work in our club.

Biggest problem is that we are lazy, have a poor work ethic, poor culture and poor attitude. 4 coaches have had a go at sorting those problems since 2001 and the closest to being remotely successful was Ratts. Even then those traits often popped up.

Then we can talk about our drafting, another reason why we vary between where we are now and the bottom regions of the 8. No excuse for a lack of work ethic and attitude though.

This club can put on bursts of scintillating football, showing they are capable. That's often when we are 5 goals behind where we produce a sudden run of goals and hit the lead 15 minutes later. Then we can play absolute lazy, poor crap too, like the 3rd qtr tonight.

We are never safe when 5 goals in front and never out of it when 5 goals behind.

Quote:
After every loss, we talk about all the quality opposition players who destroyed us. Tonight it was Buddy, Kennedy, Parker, McVeigh et al.

Why is nobody on this site talking up the coach John Longmire?

Surely the win has nothing at all to do with their highly skilled players. If the coach is second rate when a team lose, surely it's the coach who is a genius when they win

Hopefully our next coach will turn Warnock into Polly Farmer, Graham into Sam Mitchell, Walker into Andrew McLeod, Bell into Luke Hodge and Ellard into Jamie Elliot. Just wait and see.

And in response to someone reminiscing about life under Ratts...

Quote:
That's the problem!

The club champion with little experience or the big name whose previous employer saw him as a problem.

The club wouldn't go and interview a David Noble, Leigh Tudor, John Blakey - too good for Carlton!

No thought at all.

Quote:
u-n-i-v-e-r-s-a-l-l-y- s-h-i-t-e-

yeah.

Yeah.

Quote:
Well Malthouse thought it was a pretty good list ... :smoking:

And Malthouse thought that Swanny was the best in the business ... and he thought that Sticks was an excellent CEO .... and we know that Dr Strangelove is never wrong.

Lets face it ... the club has gone backwards at a million miles an hour since Tricky Micky took over ... its no surprise to those who are willing to take of their rose colored glasses.

Quote:
In the words of the great Sam Newman,we are a lot like Stonehenge.
We are old ,don't move much and nobody knows why we are out there!

Quote:
There is no other way of dissecting Carlton's performance tonight, but to say they were pathetic.

It is obvious that they are lacking class players?.....Judd is.....Gibbs and Murphy are supposedly class players.....so.....is it a lack of direction or inspiration or a combination of a lack of good players (recruitment) or a lack of good Coaching from the Coaching Panel?

Is the Carlton Football Club looking at this as we are?

Quote:
We have a great coach, couldn't get a win against Melbourne or GWS
We have a great coach, he got us Dale Thomas
We have a great coach, he let Eddie Betts go
We have a great coach, he loves players like Ellard and Curnow.

:banghead: :banghead:

Quote:
Malthouse: "That third quarter is reflective of our year. Players need to start arresting these lapses in concentration."
Malthouse: "I thought Jamison and Rowe did a good job in that first half, but they were helped by blokes up the field."
Malthouse: "The moment that support stopped, we were outclassed. They are a very, very good football side."

Ah, the old hits! Always good for a run!

Quote:
and this is the bit where i will say.. not can say.. but ill tell u

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

everybody around the club was crap at a very crucial point of time.. a time where we were on our knees and the AFL was kind enough to help us slingshot back up with priority picks.. (were not seeing those again so we blew it)

But ..... "were carlton @#$%&! the rest"
and

"were going to bring back the carlton swagger"

we didnt even have a clue ... people who were employed and paid hundreds of thousands of dollars had no clue what players we needed to bolt together a team with any sustainability

and believe me when i tell u... only menzel will be a gun (if he wants to stay)... the rest arent the right types even from our rogers drafting...

this club doesnt have a clue

temay a back pocket player with a second rounder?
Watson?
bootsma gone
lucas gone

and ill put the kiss of death on cripps too.. he wasnt the right profile with a FIRST ROUNDER

Quote:
It's so easy to blame the coach. Average supporters always do. I find it quite amusing. Things are a bit more complicated..... and the difference between a good performance and a thrashing is not that great. Look at second and third qrt today.

Quote:

Wish they'd listened to me 5 years ago instead of @#$%&! around with a Brock McLean deal...

...but this is just the thing. Posting your thoughts/grievances on a forum doesn't achieve much.

Quote:
People blaming the coach are narrow minded. The club has been poor for a long time and the recruiting and list management pathetic.

We have been a mess for more than a decade.

At least give Malthouse the chance to build his own list then judge him. The errors, lack of talent and decision making going on at the moment have little to do with coaching.

The agony. So, so beautiful!

Twisted Evil Laughing
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:56 pm

there's two of the same thread. WTF?

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 158, 159, 160 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 159 of 277   

Jump to: