Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cheersquad = Enough is enough???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are the 'cheersquad' becoming a smear on the Collingwood Football Club
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 87 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 130

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

PM, what little credibility you had left was just flushed away with last night's curried sausages.

You tried to make a point, got the dates wrong and then edited it. Aren't you glad stui quoted your original post!

Hooked

Last edited by Dale61 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:31 am

I was part of the change-process going into the start of the 07 Season.
A heap of things are done a whole lot better now.
Not to say that there isn't room for improvement, of course there is.
Please, I'm asking you again PraiseMillane, to either PM me with your specified concerns, or write to Justine Reeves/William Betts at the Club.

If you're a current Cheer Squad member, you can use the 'Have Your Say' form for any feedback ~ all ideas/concerns are acknowledged.
I'm sorry that you feel let-down or peeved, but what you're doing here on Nick's is hurtful & destructive, and probably not at all warranted.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:07 pm
Post subject: Re: Cheersquad = Enough is enough???Reply with quote

PraiseMillane wrote:
I know plenty of us have questioned the efforts and attitudes of the Collingwood 'cheersquad' over the years, but im afraid this has gone too far now. There actions are jeopardising the brand our club has so successfully upheld of recent years.

I'm sorry but I couldn't resist going back to the start of this thread. Two things, one minor and another more serious PraiseMillane. (1) It should read "their actions" not "there actions'.
(2) I doubt very much that Darren Millane who played in pain on many occasions for our mighty club would ever have used the terms "Collingwood" and "brand" in the same sentence. The cheer squad is hurting our "brand"? Laughing You mean like Mickey Mouse and Ronald McDonald (oh sorry, they are matchday sponsors, such sacrilege!) are "brands". What have these corporate values bought us? Are we any nearer to a flag? So we traded Victoria Park for the swish "Japanese luxury car maker" Centre, and what has it got us? A Premiership? No, just less space for our members to congregate in.

So we've gone upmarket in these Eddie Everywhere days have we? Fat lot of good that's done us so far. And yet some types, corporate butt-licking types who try to suggest that Cousins is not of good enough character to play for us and got his fair whack from the AFL (though he has committed no crime), yet try to claim that the corporate criminal who recently resigned from another club was okay for footy. We are moving to twilight grand finals to suit the TV market. We are starting pointless, unloved clubs in rugby states, to please the shiraz sipping corporate set. Those very same people who have drained the atmosphere out of our Grand Finals because they get all the freebie tickets that no longer go to participating club members. Shall I go on?

And the corporate types who complain about damaging our "brand" (FFS) dare to suggest that our volunteers in the cheer squad, who love Collingwood with a passion, are the one's hurting the club? I'd like to see floggers back in a BIG way. What are they some would say?

Sorry, did the cheer squad make you spill your expensive Belgium beer over your pure silk Armani suit in that carpeted box? F*** off all those types. Go and join the Scum, because that's where your heart really belongs (with corporate criminals), and not the club with the richest working class history in our game. Evil or Very Mad

In the meantime I'll keep supporting Joffa and Dan and those in the Cheer Squad who are trying to lift the spirits of a club with more factions than the Labor Party.

As for the poll: It's polling that has stuffed our political system. Polls lead to short-term political thinking instead of planning for longer-term success. What would most of the people who vote really know about the workings of the cheer squad? These are probably the same people who tell us to be quiet or stop swearing at games because we give the "brand" a bad name!!!! Rolling Eyes
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:27 pm

Dale61 wrote:
Ahh, so you can't handle being owned in your other thread, so you resort to bumping a thread from 2006.

You can run but you'll always be owned!

lol top post Dale.

PraiseMillane Aries

Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can? - Sun Tzu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:10 pm

Its interesting. Most of the posts are by angry people, the minority 30%. Im assumeing these are the same people who have no jobs, lives.

70% are the kind who dont have the time to write 2 page messages and spending all day on the net!

Interesting observations guys! Thanks.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:30 pm

PraiseMillane wrote:
Its interesting. Most of the posts are by angry people, the minority 30%. Im assumeing these are the same people who have no jobs, lives.

70% are the kind who dont have the time to write 2 page messages and spending all day on the net!

Interesting observations guys! Thanks.

You d1ckhe*d! Laughing I'm interstate and couldn't get to the game. What's your excuse (at the MCG cheering the Scum to another loss?)? You sit at home bagging people about whether they're working or not working. I'll tell you that we have more of a life supporting Collingwood and doing useful things than someone as sad and deprived of normal human social skills as yourself.

You hang sh1t on the cheer squad, but guess where they are right now? Where are you, you absolute moron? You know people can check Nick's anytime of the day (even at work with understanding bosses). Instead you choose to pour more fuel on the fire by having a go at people who dare to enjoy supporting the greatest footy club in the country. Have you actually read the criticisms of your views? Surely you can't be that morally tone deaf, or are you really a fascist? Ponder carefully before your next posting, because right now you are about as popular as Mussolini himself. And we all know how he ended up.

Oh and BTW, if you check the latest poll on the other thread you'll notice the figures are running against you 70%-30%. You just revived this one from two years ago to try and salvage your wounded pride. Bad luck buddy. It hasn't worked. Evil or Very Mad

Oh and yet another thing: (1) "It is" is abbreviated "It's" not "Its" which is the possessive of it. (2) "I am" is abbreviated "I'm" not "Im"
and (3) "assuming" has no "e" in it. I trust these grammatical tips help you on your next job application letter.

Last edited by jack_spain on Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:49 pm

PraiseMillane wrote:

On what evidence do you base that assumption?

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:55 pm

Pied Piper wrote:
PraiseMillane wrote:

On what evidence do you base that assumption?

The same 'evidence' he bases any of his assumptions (sorry PM, I mean 'facts') on. That would be no evidence PP. Judging by the mathematical and computational skills he's displayed in the other thread, if he told me 1+1=2, I'd get a second opinion!
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:57 pm

LD, what is the mods' definition of trolling?

Because someone using multiple usernames to post this stuff would fit mine.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:04 pm

Pied Piper wrote:
LD, what is the mods' definition of trolling?

Because someone using multiple usernames to post this stuff would fit mine.

Interesting question. I can't speak for all the other mods, but I'd reckon making a complete idiot of oneself, as PM has, probably doesn't qualify, though I guess continuing to make a complete idiot out of oneself probably does.
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:32 pm

No Dave, take your finger off that button. You can't deprive us of the best entertainment we've had all season. Not since the days of Larry and the VPT have I enjoyed watching someone endlessly display and replay their stupidity so much.

This clown is one out of the bag and should be on the payroll - particularly on a losing week when we need the distraction.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:41 pm

Damn, she's been red carded... I was still hoping for more pics Sad
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:58 pm

This PraiseM person ...
firstly, it's offensive that s/he uses Darren Millane's name ~ Darren M would never have associated with such a person, I'm sure.
Darren M was one of us, he didn't look down on people, he was with the people.
secondly, the gal/guy can't spell, the grammar is poor and the logic is unsound ~ so, how does that match-up with being from higher society?
thirdly, how come s/he posts when the match is on? ~ what kind of supporter is s/he?
fourthly ~ time to be accountable PraiseM ~ either write to the Cheer Squad or to the Club and remember to use your correct name!

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:14 pm

fence-banger wrote:
thirdly, how come s/he posts when the match is on? ~ what kind of supporter is s/he?

Don't start this up, I haven't been to a game for a couple of years!
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:29 am

London Dave wrote:
fence-banger wrote:

Don't start this up, I haven't been to a game for a couple of years!

You're excused London Dave. Pity we're still not playing those end of season games (piss-up/brawls) at the Kennington Oval. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18   

Jump to: