Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie steps in it, again!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Ed got the Okay from the Board. That is no Surprise as they are Ed's mates

Unlike you they are not a bunch of gullible naive people DTM..... Rolling Eyes

They did the right thing by Eddie as all reasonable people will except for the stupid bloody Eddie haters and bashers among the media, here at Nick's and in society.

Don’t know WTF is wrong with you lately Dave. You have gone from being a great positive and passionate Collingwood poster to a silly clown resembling Spain….. Crying or Very sad

Why what have I done mate?

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:36 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong DTM but you have become very anti Eddie lately. I don't ever recall you being so against him before dude. You even wanted him sacked after the Freo game FGS!! That was a silly comment dude. Rolling Eyes

DTM, you wouldn’t probably have a Collingwood Footy Club to barrack for if not for Eddie saving the club from a bloody terrible financial situation mate. Read the history of what was happening to us before Eddie came in as President. Educate yourself about Collingwood DTM, like you do so well with new AFL bound draft kids. It will do you good mate. You can become a respected poster again. Laughing
woodisgood Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:02 pm

Ok, time for me to have a slight moment.

There have been a lot playing the man rather than the ball with our DTM in recent threads.

If you disagree with what he is saying, great, point out your disagreements.

But it has been getting a bit beyond a joke of late.

While I may disagree with him , I dont think he has been much better or worse than the average poster in these difficult times and yet he seems to cop more gratutitous and patronising put downs than anyone else.

How about trying a different tack?

Winston Churchill
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:07 pm

Agree with the above post.

DTM is allowed to have an opinion, not only should people respect that, but some of the insults being thrown at him have been absolutely disgusting to be honest.

I don't always agree with you Dave, but I can tell you love your pies, and you don't deserve the bullshit you cop around this place sometimes.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:17 pm

Beast has been responsible for many of them. Reported one of his posts a week or two back, so hopefully the mods send him a cease and desist.
Beast 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:21 pm

You'd have a point if my comment was based on his view of the current issue.
But it isn't, it is actually based on real facts. The uncomfortable and politically incorrect but facts nevertheless. If people can't acknowledge them or are incapable of admitting them doesn't diminish their existence.

So yeah, if you're reading this, nothing personal Dave.
I admire your love of the Club but there are some things you should stay out of.

ps. yes I understand its a public forum and everyone is free to express their thoughts and views but I honestly think him commenting on serious issues isn't helpful to the discussions.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:22 pm

On a side note he may not be king kong but anyone who saw the picture of Majak Daw in his budgie smugglers last week on the footy show would be left in no doubt who is the king dong of the AFL.

Sadly it would seem some racial stereotypes are indeed correct.

Beast 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:23 pm

David wrote:
Beast has been responsible for many of them. Reported one of his posts a week or two back, so hopefully the mods send him a cease and desist.

Well done mate, Karl Marx and Stallin would be proud of your course of action had they been alive.
Frohickey 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:38 pm

Dave doesn't do himself any favours, and it's not just here, he is regularly abused at the football for acting out
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:40 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Meanwhile, catching up with all this in a different timezone....

So McGuire screwed up very badly, live to air. He didn't process a train of thought properly He recognised it and apologised for it. I've done that too. He'll have a week or so in the pillory, rightly, but his character is not in question as a result of one slip of the mind.

Another feature of this week has been is the way we now lump together racism - the pernicious belief in the inferiority of one race under another - with racially insensitive remarks which do not in themselves imply racism as a belief system. Insensitivity is when someone who should know better says something that unintentionally causes offence. We are all insensitive at one time or another I imagine. In normal societies, it is something one should expect to apologise for, and be rapidly forgiven, as long as it is not repeated. Racism is a filthy creed that leads to dehumanisation, hatred and genocide. i am sorry, I do not feel that what we saw this past week was racism, though there has been a lot of insensitivity about, and rightly, a good few apologies.

Bang!!
Great post.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
woodisgood Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:40 pm

Beast wrote:
You'd have a point if my comment was based on his view of the current issue.
But it isn't, it is actually based on real facts. The uncomfortable and politically incorrect but facts nevertheless. If people can't acknowledge them or are incapable of admitting them doesn't diminish their existence.

So yeah, if you're reading this, nothing personal Dave.
I admire your love of the Club but there are some things you should stay out of.

ps. yes I understand its a public forum and everyone is free to express their thoughts and views but I honestly think him commenting on serious issues isn't helpful to the discussions.

As opposed to unreal facts? I guess my experience is that when people start using the word "facts" to buttress what is in fact "opinion" its a bad sign, and the use of modifiers such as "true" "real" "absolute" to try and somehow make the "facts" more "factual" and less opinion is also a bad sign.

I'm also intrigued that in the one post you state your opinion that Dave should stay out of discourse you believe he doesnt understand.....and on the other resort to reductio ad communism to equate anyone who seeks to draw moderation review of your treatment of Dave with Marx and Stalin (sorry, Stallin).

An interesting approach to the marketplace of ideas I guess.

Winston Churchill
woodisgood Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:43 pm

Frohickey wrote:
Dave doesn't do himself any favours, and it's not just here, he is regularly abused at the football for acting out

Good to see you back Cloaking Device/Exnicks.

Winston Churchill
Frohickey 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:46 pm

woodisgood wrote:

I think you're just glad to see the avatar back Crying or Very sad

woodisgood Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:46 pm

Frohickey wrote:
woodisgood wrote:

I think you're just glad to see the avatar back Crying or Very sad

Damn straight!

Winston Churchill
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:50 pm

David wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
David wrote:
Meaning is determined by the context in which it is used. The way in which it and similar terms tend to be used as a term of abuse (not, as ClokingDevice tirelessly but falsely argues, 'big galoot') suggests that people of African or Indigenous heritage are a subspecies. I know it's awful, but that's the connotation. Now, are you going to keep sticking your head in the sand or concede that you're wrong on this?

But you keep arguing the context a word is used in doesn't matter, it is up to the person on the receiving end to decide.
So which one is it today??

When did I say the context doesn't matter? The context totally matters. As does the way in which it might be interpreted. These things are hardly contradictory. The only confusing thing here is you thinking that I ever said context doesn't matter.

Ok, if I've misrepresented your positition, I apologise.

So we agree on this point then?? - that the way someone intends something, carries/should carry just as much weight as the way it is taken.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 17 of 22   

Jump to: