Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Not happy Pies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

They're going to return to their magenta strip so they can take the crown for shittest colours in international sport?

Wow you're right Hinkley is a can do guy.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:52 pm

collie dog wrote:
Meanwhile Port Adelaide got their man Paddy Ryder. Where there's a will there's a way with Ken Hinkley. I like him. He's a can do guy. That's why they are next in line to take Hawthorn's crown.

Or not. Why don't we wait and see? They haven't even made a Grand Final, yet, let alone lost 3 like Ross Lyon managed.

Also, they've weighed themselves down with the genius of Michael Voss, so let's just see how it all pans out for them.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:32 pm

I see the Dons did not get much for Ryder at all, a late pick, nowhere near as good as our pick 5, and I would rate Ryder nearly in the class of beams. I wonder how our doomsayers would view that, if they were dons fans. ?? Oh, but other clubs don't get not what they really wanted in the draft, that only applies to the Pies, oh, I get it now. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:36 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
I was quite happy right from the first moment I heard Beams wanted out. I felt we could do well out of it. Unfortunately the trade we ended up with was only passable. Much of the fault for that needs to go onto Beams and his selfishness.

Probably could have been worse, I guess, least we got a couple of handy players and a draft pick to possibly get a gun early in the draft. I think also getting Moore will help along the way.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:38 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I see the Dons did not get much for Ryder at all, a late pick, nowhere near as good as our pick 5, and I would rate Ryder nearly in the class of beams. I wonder how our doomsayers would view that, if they were dons fans. ?? Oh, but other clubs don't get not what they really wanted in the draft, that only applies to the Pies, oh, I get it now. !

If I was a Dons supporter (thank you lord), I'd have burnt down the club house a few years back.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:09 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Ryder and beams polls apart piesnchess.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:11 pm

swooper_101 wrote:
Something occurred to me this morning. The club did do a good job. Would we of preferred Beams? Sure. I honestly think he was gone no matter what.

What we got for Beams, in comparison to what the Hawks got for Franklin is pretty good. Franklin is easily a better player, but the Hawks got pick 19. We got lucky with Daisy compensation pick too (pick 11), when compared to Franklin. Geelong got 2 number 1 picks, which is fine, considering Ablett is, I think, the best player in 2 decades.

So when I look at that, I feel quite good about it. Chances are, if we kept Beams, we would of got a significantly less trade/pick(s). Just the fact that we got pick 5, while the Hawks got shafted with pick 19, puts it all in perspective for me. Hopefully, it helps some others see this too.

The Hawks got shafted with pick 19 but they've won back to back flags & one back in 2008!!!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:59 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
blackandwhite4life wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
The club just sent me, all Members, a video of highlights of both Varcoe and Greenwood, their highlights, and I was very impressed with both. ! Varcoe was shown kicking some gem goals, two against us -the nightmare 2011 GF ??- he looked fast, quick and elusive, we can use that. Greenwood looked solid, and pick five, well, who knows, what with Moore, a fresh Scharenberg, Freeman, and pick 5 could be a real star, I think the future looks very rosey indeed. !

If anyone is a club plant on this site my vote definitely goes to you.

Everything is always sugar and roses with you. No questioning of the club's approach or criticism can ever be tolerated.

We could trade Pendles for Pick 10 and you'd find a way to denigrate the record of Pendles and/or paint the decision as a win for the Pies.

Also, for those Beams history re-writers (which I'm sure you probably are as well), ordinary players don't win Copelands, 3AW AFL Player of the year (2012) and finish 4th in the MVP (2012 also), probably the most prestigious award in the game. If he wanted big dollars then we should've done everything possible to cater for him.

The poor man management skills of our current coach, where conformity of personality seems to be the mantra is more than likely the reason for our No. 2 player deciding he doesn't want to stay. That is a fail on our club, no matter how anyone wants to spin it.

Gee, im a club plant, that's original, strange it is that I have spoken to nine Pies fans since the deal done, and all are very happy with it, and most fans here are too, so you are in the minority by far. Beams showed his true colours by no show at the Copeland, hes chasing the big dough, breaks his contract, boozes on in a pub while the Copeland is on, so much for the club that made him, nurtured him, stabbed us in the back, and uses emotional blackmail. You and your sackers can wail and moan all you like, you can insult me by calling me a club plant, I could get personal but I will hold my fire, as the mods have asked us too, so im putting you on ignore now, so don't bother replying, I wont even see it. Now run along and play in your sandbox, theres a good lad. Razz Cool

Good grief, hasn't BlackandWhite4life read the holy book??? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:05 pm

E wrote:
It is just absurd to accuse PNC of being a club plant. One of the few people on the site who goes both ways depending on the issue. sometimes PNC is protective of the club and sometimes critical. But its always a well thought out opinion.

Except on the Friday before game day when PNC becomes the absolute eternal optimist!!!

Smile Smile Smile Smile

PnC is the original white-ant - he wanted everybody sacked during the Malthouse Period (Remember? Thats when we won a premiership), him and his best mate Jack Spain. And now he is more Collingwood than Eddie (who he also wanted sacked way back when). I can't wait to see him turn again once his prince Buckley gets sacked..... Laughing

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:27 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
E wrote:
It is just absurd to accuse PNC of being a club plant. One of the few people on the site who goes both ways depending on the issue. sometimes PNC is protective of the club and sometimes critical. But its always a well thought out opinion.

Except on the Friday before game day when PNC becomes the absolute eternal optimist!!!

Smile Smile Smile Smile

PnC is the original white-ant - he wanted everybody sacked during the Malthouse Period (Remember? Thats when we won a premiership), him and his best mate Jack Spain. And now he is more Collingwood than Eddie (who he also wanted sacked way back when). I can't wait to see him turn again once his prince Buckley gets sacked..... Laughing

ha ha, that's rich, coming from a now well drilled sad sacker, I was a very mild white ant Ronnie ol son, compared to the buggers that now infest Nicks daily. As for the old bloke, well, it did take him eleven yrs to finally get one, and it took the heat of bucks taking over to motivate him to modify his dreadful boundary line game plan, to achieve it. He had enormous resources, best of any then team, but one flag in eleven years, and the following year he plays unfit players in the grannie, and turns then spud Hawkins into a star. So don't rewrite my history, I wanted him gone yes, and by golly hasn't he done a marvellous, cough cough, job with the scum eh. Rolling Eyes As for Bucks, I will judge him at end of next season, if he has a full list, little injuries, no reasons or excuses, well the club will have to look hard at him, but I wont turn on him yet, hes had only three years, which is miniscule compared to the old blokes time frame. Unlike you Ronnie and your buddies, Im not a constant negative carping type, a bit of positivity can do wonders you know for ones outlook. Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:34 pm

September Zeros wrote:
Cam wrote:
This will turn out to be like the Shannon Grant-Wayne Schwass deal. Crisp-Beams. Mark it down, we will finish on top.

I hope your right cam. It doesn't feel like it though.

Cool

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:35 pm

Are all the Beams threads from 2014 going to resurface now? Razz
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:38 pm

Nah
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:48 pm

Cam wrote:
Nah

Righto, put the shovel away for the night Cam; enough necro nostalgia already!

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:49 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Defender wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
I'm very unhappy with Collingwood.

Footscray land a big fish - Boyd: 7 years for $7 million.

Why didn't we offer 8 years for $8 million?

We can't ever land a big fish

Time for Eddie & Hine to go.

We were in no position to make a play like that for Boyd as we're already paying a KF top dollar, and let's not forget the fact that Boyd is still an unknown quantity at AFL level, Dogs are taking a massive gamble IMO.

Boyd has played a grand total of 19 games, and they are paying squillions for him, AND the dogs are paying a million bucks to GWS, for Griffen, as part of his package, they are paying a cool million to beef up a guy who wont even play for them anymore Exclamation Surprised Shocked

Just imagine if We did that, this Nicks Board would explode with abuse at eddie and co, so those doomsayers should think us lucky, at least we aren't that stupid, and anyway, I thought the Doggies were broke ?? Confused

Won them a Grand Final so you gotta be happy with that AND better than Buddy so far...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18   

Jump to: