Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Terror attacks by Islamist groups

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
Can we just kill the Muslim men who make their wives wear all that crap? The ones leading the way to knock back feminism a few hundred years? The ones who want control, who want to keep the world thinking it's their biblical right to do what ever the **** they want, where ever they want, and all women can get stuffed? Something in the upbringing of the rapists, whether they are in India, Europe, the Middle East, is allowing them to think it's ok to treat women this way. Look at the appalling way women are treated in these societies. That's what needs to be stopped.

Such a total lack of respect for half the inhabitants of the planet. What other religion preaches that? Allows that? Encourages that?

You mention India, which is majority Hindu and does indeed have a serious problem with rape and general poor treatment of women. And this totally undermines your point: the problem is not Islam, but old-fashioned patriarchal culture as a whole. And it's not just men causing it: the people enforcing the wearing of restrictive clothing are also mothers, aunts, sisters and the women choosing to wear the garments themselves. You can kill people, but you can't force a culture to change overnight.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:39 am

^Correct. But that's a sane, scientific approach to Homo sapiens, and the people with the obsessive fetish over this are drawing upon the non-scientific depths of the most evangelical parts of their brains.

It has become a moral panic, like backward masking was in the 80s.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:27 pm

David wrote:
think positive wrote:
Can we just kill the Muslim men who make their wives wear all that crap? The ones leading the way to knock back feminism a few hundred years? The ones who want control, who want to keep the world thinking it's their biblical right to do what ever the **** they want, where ever they want, and all women can get stuffed? Something in the upbringing of the rapists, whether they are in India, Europe, the Middle East, is allowing them to think it's ok to treat women this way. Look at the appalling way women are treated in these societies. That's what needs to be stopped.

Such a total lack of respect for half the inhabitants of the planet. What other religion preaches that? Allows that? Encourages that?

You mention India, which is majority Hindu and does indeed have a serious problem with rape and general poor treatment of women. And this totally undermines your point: the problem is not Islam, but old-fashioned patriarchal culture as a whole. And it's not just men causing it: the people enforcing the wearing of restrictive clothing are also mothers, aunts, sisters and the women choosing to wear the garments themselves. You can kill people, but you can't force a culture to change overnight.

I also mention Europe. My post was not about Islam, as such. I said kill the Muslim men who....... Do you see the difference? My point being not all Muslims are bad. And yes, there is a total lack of respect for women in society still, in far too many places.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:31 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:
All right Einsteins, where's the equivalent Muslim rape epidemic in Australia? They're all coming from the same places, aren't they?

And how many have actually been taken in over what period of time?

Can't compare the two situations.

Islam at it's core appears to be utterly incompatible with Western values on how to treat women, as well as several other points.

That's not to say all Muslim people believe/follow that hardline BS anymore than all Christians/Jews/Hindus etc follow the strict doctrine of their church. But the ones who do should be stomped on. Hard and be told clearly that's not how shit works here so either get with the program or **** off.

However, as you know those selective stats by Skids are not of merit. They are simply being used when temperatures are rising during this god awful event & the gullible see them as fact. BTW, how often did you beat your wife?

Wink Stats, stats & more stats.

Don't get me wrong I have almost zero tolerance for Swedish leftists & their other anti semitic apologists.

Gees no wonder these things always end up with someone getting told to **** off!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:43 pm

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:
All right Einsteins, where's the equivalent Muslim rape epidemic in Australia? They're all coming from the same places, aren't they?

Islam at it's core appears to be utterly incompatible with Western values on how to treat women, as well as several other points.

That's not to say all Muslim people believe/follow that hardline BS anymore than all Christians/Jews/Hindus etc follow the strict doctrine of their church. But the ones who do should be stomped on. Hard and be told clearly that's not how shit works here so either get with the program or **** off.

However, as you know those selective stats by Skids are not of merit. They are simply being used when temperatures are rising during this god awful event & the gullible see them as fact. BTW, how often did you beat your wife?

Don't get me wrong I have almost zero tolerance for Swedish leftists & their other anti semitic apologists.

Gees no wonder these things always end up with someone getting told to **** off!

Look I'm sure if I had to do motor mechanics or try to fix my car you would exclaim the same as I'm about to Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question

It's 101 stats, a loaded question meaning the stats are useless as in Skids's stats. I was making a joke of it (it is often used in lot's of places for joke making) & with reference to stats, damn lies & statistics (with all due respect to Mark Twain).

I was not asking Stui how often he beats his wife: it's a persons first lesson in statistics & Stui I'm sure knowns about that "Leading line". It would be like me asking you how often do you vilify Muslims as though the question were an honest open question (which of course it isn't). Further, Stui works in HR & deals everyday in stats.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:56 pm

FWIW I took no issue with the question about beating the wife, I saw it exactly as WPT said, it's one of the oldest examples of a loaded question there is.

The rest of it I didn't bother arguing with because I'm not interested in defending those stats, I have NFI of their accuracy.

And yep, I'm fully aware of how data can be twisted and used selectively to present the picture you want. Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:45 pm

Skids wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

However that does not support Skids's silly post which I suspect you already know.

What's silly about the post? In 2014 there were 6,620 sexual assaults reported and 77.6% (5,110) were committed by immigrants from muslim countries..... it's silly if you can't accept the fact, that almost 100 rapes a week are happening due to the influx of supposed 'refugees'.

Thank kcuf we're an island and they can't just walk into the country.

If you don't believe that their goal (transforming Europe into the new Middle East) is real, I think you're in for an eye opening shock in the coming 6-12 months. But hey, that's just my bigoted, racist opinion 'aint it Wink

I don't think you're racist or whatever. Bigoted - I don't know you well enough.

However, I want to see stats from a criminology institute - not from a right wing mag that is dedicated to anti-islam. That doesn't mean the stats are wrong but for them to be more credible they need to be independent.

I agree some European places have far too much ghettoisation going on & extremist islam wants domination - I personally want Hiz-but- al tahrir banned in Australia (trust me I know about this all too well - memo to self: do not use the term trust me), but the source of your stats is less than credible especially when it commences with an anti feminist opening. Wokko might be pleased but for me this is merely opinion parading as fact. having said that, I'm more than prepared to have an open mind

Sweden has weird rape laws (one reason why our Aussie in the embassy in the Ecuador in London does not want to be tried in Sweden).

Independent stats come from such places as academic journals or from independent institutes like a criminology institute not anti islamic sources - despite being cited.

David Libra

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Well said, WPT.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:20 pm

pietillidie wrote:
^Correct. But that's a sane, scientific approach to Homo sapiens, and the people with the obsessive fetish over this are drawing upon the non-scientific depths of the most evangelical parts of their brains.

It has become a moral panic, like backward masking was in the 80s.

Ah, I remember backward-masking in the 80's. All that walking into lampposts....

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:32 pm

David wrote:
Well said, WPT.

Having said that, that doesn't mean everything in the mag is wrong. "Jihad watch" plays an important role in the vast array of media that we have at our disposal & some of the players there I quite like. I don't dismiss everything that is stated there & I don't dimiss everything Bolt says either - just almost all Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:25 am

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:

Look I'm sure if I had to do motor mechanics or try to fix my car you would exclaim the same as I'm about to Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question

It's 101 stats, a loaded question meaning the stats are useless as in Skids's stats. I was making a joke of it (it is often used in lot's of places for joke making) & with reference to stats, damn lies & statistics (with all due respect to Mark Twain).

I was not asking Stui how often he beats his wife: it's a persons first lesson in statistics & Stui I'm sure knowns about that "Leading line". It would be like me asking you how often do you vilify Muslims as though the question were an honest open question (which of course it isn't). Further, Stui works in HR & deals everyday in stats.

thank you for the tuition, I'm well aware what a loaded question is, I just didn't realise it was politically correct to use it like that! My bad! Mea culpa!

<snip - not necessary. Thanks, David for BBMods>

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:16 am

Interesting article, placed here for ironic effect.

Quote:
DARKNESS has descended over Sydneys Central Station as a sound system kicks in to gear unleashing Islamic prayers all through the park.
Whats this? Acca/Dacca? an ice addict squawks.
A dozen or so Islamic men, dressed in traditional grey and white robes, stand around a food van and adjoining trailer. The group, known as the White Coats, are an Islamic charity dedicated to feeding Sydneys homeless.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/the-islamic-men-feeding-sydneys-homeless/story-fnu2q5nu-1227611249962

David Libra

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:17 pm

Same as the Christian charities, I guess, isn't it - part compassionate helping of the needy, part proselytising to the vulnerable. I'd like to think they do way more good than harm.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:29 pm

Pretty much the same thing. I did a little Hmmm when I saw the bit about preaching the faith but as you said it's no different to what any other religious based charity does. The Salvos do a lot of good work, if it comes with a sermon so be it.

If I was homeless and hungry I'd happily listen to someone talk about their invisible friend of whatever persuasion in exchange for a feed.

David Libra

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:39 pm

One of my favourite places to eat in the city is a Hare Krishna joint on Swanston Street. Their restaurant is full of 'reading materials', and I've had a few people sit down at the table with me trying to spread the good word, but the food is amazing and at $5.50 for an entire meal plus dessert plus a drink (and free refills), I reckon they're doing a great service for the homeless and other people struggling with money ... even if they are a bit of a creepy cult!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 17 of 105   

Jump to: