Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 168, 169, 170 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
Last week while lining up to collect the take away coffee to bring into the cinema at ACMI (there was plenty of room between me & the bar) some unknown male, a random bloke smaller than me, mutters under his breath as he walked past, between me & other customers waiting for their coffee: "F*ck off grandad"

I was gobsmacked. Never met this fella, just copped some random abuse. So I followed him before he could get out I asked in disbelief "Do I know you" ( I wish I'd said "Are you talkin' to me?") - he restated "F*ck off" again.

I followed him to his table sitting opposite another bloke outside the cafe in Fed Square.

I remembered violence & aggression are not satisfactory means to settle an argument or being abused. I reached over as he was cowering in his seat looking for water to pour over him rather than give him a clip ( I can be an imposing figure) - he cowered some more & I can't recall exactly what I said but his mate said apologize which he did. I suggested he needed urgent psychiatric assistance or words to that effect then went back & went to the fillum.

I also recall my brother on lunch duty giving a kid detention some years at school when he was verbally abused by some delinquent year niner saying "you fat old cnut".

My brother replied : "right you've got detention. No one calls me old"

I'm gob smacked too, not sure which is more gob smacking, a young guy watching that movie, or a young guy that watches movies like that swearing like that.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:53 pm

^ Haha. Jokes aside, you do actually get a lot of younger people as well (although the grey contingent is large). I became interested in this kind of cinema at 17, and I know a lot of other people who started even younger, so there's no clear age profile really. But I'd be as surprised as you if he turned out to be an actual Cinematheque patron.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:58 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Last week while lining up to collect the take away coffee to bring into the cinema at ACMI (there was plenty of room between me & the bar) some unknown male, a random bloke smaller than me, mutters under his breath as he walked past, between me & other customers waiting for their coffee: "F*ck off grandad"

I was gobsmacked. Never met this fella, just copped some random abuse. So I followed him before he could get out I asked in disbelief "Do I know you" ( I wish I'd said "Are you talkin' to me?") - he restated "F*ck off" again.

I followed him to his table sitting opposite another bloke outside the cafe in Fed Square.

I remembered violence & aggression are not satisfactory means to settle an argument or being abused. I reached over as he was cowering in his seat looking for water to pour over him rather than give him a clip ( I can be an imposing figure) - he cowered some more & I can't recall exactly what I said but his mate said apologize which he did. I suggested he needed urgent psychiatric assistance or words to that effect then went back & went to the fillum.

I also recall my brother on lunch duty giving a kid detention some years at school when he was verbally abused by some delinquent year niner saying "you fat old cnut".

My brother replied : "right you've got detention. No one calls me old"

I hereby name you Jewbacca.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:37 pm

There's a very empty room where the kitchen was this morning!

Some very creative pipe work water and gas is now visible Shocked

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:41 pm

Some may creative pipe work water and gas is visible shock, but not all.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:32 pm

Morrigu wrote:

Your Bombe Alsaka Flambe recipe needs some work...

https://www.howtocookthat.net/public_html/bombe-alaska-recip/
David Libra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:15 pm

This came up on Facebook: the baby king who ruled France for five days (and, arguably, proved to be a better leader than Tony Abbott):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_I_of_France

I guess we're so used to hereditary rule that we (sometimes) forget how fundamentally absurd it is. Thank God the British royal family are just figureheads nowadays.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:50 am

David wrote:
This came up on Facebook: the baby king who ruled France for five days (and, arguably, proved to be a better leader than Tony Abbott):

I guess we're so used to hereditary rule that we (sometimes) forget how fundamentally absurd it is. Thank God the British royal family are just figureheads nowadays.

Whilst nowadays seems absurd, and I agree, it was not so back then. The prince and Princesses were taught to speak latin. french, english, german and spanish and educated in the bible (important then) and were expected to marry with someone they may have disliked. Diplomacy was their stock in trade. Most of their "subjects" would never have seen them in a lifetime. They were meant to be the promoters of arts, literature and science.

David, Come to Thailand and understand how deeply the Thais revere their King. Through all sorts of military coups he is the only constant. To be honest i would much rather have a monarch than some General who somehow thinks it is ok to usurp the popular vote.

Yet in more "enlightened" democracies we seem the same families turning up to assume command.

RIP to the little fella. A few sucks on some comely French wenches norks and au revoir.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:34 am

3.14159 wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

Your Bombe Alsaka Flambe recipe needs some work...

https://www.howtocookthat.net/public_html/bombe-alaska-recip/

I actually made one of those years ago, but I didn't set it on fire! It was yummy, lot of work though!

And Morrigu, I cooked for 23 people yesterday, you can have my kitchen, don't want to cook anymore! Yuk

David Libra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:36 pm

ronrat wrote:
David wrote:

Whilst nowadays seems absurd, and I agree, it was not so back then. The prince and Princesses were taught to speak latin. french, english, german and spanish and educated in the bible (important then) and were expected to marry with someone they may have disliked. Diplomacy was their stock in trade. Most of their "subjects" would never have seen them in a lifetime. They were meant to be the promoters of arts, literature and science.

David, Come to Thailand and understand how deeply the Thais revere their King. Through all sorts of military coups he is the only constant. To be honest i would much rather have a monarch than some General who somehow thinks it is ok to usurp the popular vote.

Yet in more "enlightened" democracies we seem the same families turning up to assume command.

RIP to the little fella. A few sucks on some comely French wenches norks and au revoir.

Lol. Perhaps he lived a better life than many of us.

re: Thailand, I can understand the desire for stability, but how much say does the King of Thailand actually have in day to day matters? If the generals still end up holding real power anyway, then his presence would seem to be mostly irrelevant.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:38 pm

Security and screening at airports is working well then! Shocked

A woman who flew into Paris from Istanbul this week was found to have hidden a four-year-old girl in a bag on the plane, Air France said Wednesday.

The airline said the child, travelling without a ticket, was discovered on board the flight on Monday night hidden inside a bag.

A source at Charles de Gaulle Airport said the woman was a resident of France who was in the process of adopting the child who was from Haiti.

She was apparently in the transit zone in Istanbul, and had crossed the customs checkpoint with the child, when she was prevented from boarding a flight with her, said the source.

The woman then decided to hide the child in a bag to get aboard another flight, after buying a new ticket.

Once on board, she placed the child at her feet, under a blanket, but the girl needed to go to the toilet and was noticed by other passengers, the source added.

Air France said it notified French authorities and the woman was taken into custody upon landing, but prosecutors decided not to press charges.
http://www.france24.com/en/20160310-woman-hides-child-hand-luggage-flight-paris

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:44 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Security and screening at airports is working well then! Shocked

A woman who flew into Paris from Istanbul this week was found to have hidden a four-year-old girl in a bag on the plane, Air France said Wednesday.

The airline said the child, travelling without a ticket, was discovered on board the flight on Monday night hidden inside a bag.

A source at Charles de Gaulle Airport said the woman was a resident of France who was in the process of adopting the child who was from Haiti.

She was apparently in the transit zone in Istanbul, and had crossed the customs checkpoint with the child, when she was prevented from boarding a flight with her, said the source.

The woman then decided to hide the child in a bag to get aboard another flight, after buying a new ticket.

Once on board, she placed the child at her feet, under a blanket, but the girl needed to go to the toilet and was noticed by other passengers, the source added.

Air France said it notified French authorities and the woman was taken into custody upon landing, but prosecutors decided not to press charges.
http://www.france24.com/en/20160310-woman-hides-child-hand-luggage-flight-paris

Gees I guess it depends why she was trying to sneak her on board?

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:45 pm

"It" being what?
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:52 pm

think positive wrote:
Gees I guess it depends why she was trying to sneak her on board?

I was more thinking if they didn't notice a live rugrat in a bag being carried onto a plane - why the hell do we have to take our shoes off Wink Very Happy

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:02 pm

Does that mean someone could smuggle a dwarf terrorist on a plane? Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 168, 169, 170 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 169 of 277   

Jump to: