Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus II : The Virus Strikes Back

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 168, 169, 170 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
The longest tightest lockdown worldwide.

No. You are parroting Tony Abbott, who made this same exact claim recently, and was fact checked on it. He wasn't just found out wrong, he was comprehensively wrong. Not even close to the longest. Nowhere near the tightest.

Now that was a week or so ago, but it won't have changed much in that time.

Stick with it. Nearly there now. Do not, repeat not screw it up after so much effort.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:31 pm

Tannin wrote:
think positive wrote:

No. You are parroting Tony Abbott, who made this same exact claim recently, and was fact checked on it. He wasn't just found out wrong, he was comprehensively wrong. Not even close to the longest. Nowhere near the tightest.

Stick with it. Nearly there now. Do not, repeat not screw it up after so much effort.

apparently they are looking at 20 k radius, that would be awesome!! and a haircut!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:33 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Well, neither of us is going anytime soon, so I guess it's purely hypothetical.

cant see me ever going there, but i think its only fair we ship their disease back to them!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:43 pm

think positive wrote:
so your happy to be locked up for 2 more weeks? at the very least it should be reassessed in a week, but this Sunday we need something.

Stage 4 lockdown should have ended on September 14.

I lost faith in the whole plan in late August/early September. Since then I've been very cynical about our strategy, and there's been a constant shifting of the goalposts from Andrews and Sutton to continue justifying these measures.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:36 pm

Tannin wrote:
think positive wrote:

Actually it was nearly 7 weeks ago he made the claim and ABCs fact check done over 2 weeks ago was based on at the time of his comment on Sep 1, not on the fact the lockdown was scheduled to last till end of October.

So even the data in ABCs fact check at the time was wrong by 30 days and there has been 16 more days of lockdown since, so add 46 days to ABCs ‘facts’
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:39 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Can't believe Dan the Cnut is still going to restrict movement to regional Vic.

What a f*&king N@zi

Good, all you dirty filthy Melburnians can stay there, leave regional Victoria alone and open!!!

But in all seriousness he’d better develop a whole new plan if he really wants to keep people out. His current ‘ring of marshmallows’ is a joke. I’ve yet to see a single police car in any of my trips out of Melbourne this year. Add to the fact they don’t even work if it’s wet, its pretty bloody pointless!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:38 am

1 and no deaths,

Set me free why don’t you babe, get out mylife why don’t you babe,
You really don’t want me you just keep me hanging onnnnnn

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:45 am

^ Yes, just 1 new case and no new deaths reported in Victoria. Covid Live is reporting the new case number as 0, which I assume means that they are aware of 1 reclassification, already.

The 7-day rolling average of cases was over 10 for the week ending 10 October and is about 6 for the week ending today.

As reported by DHHS this morning:

- 14 day rolling averages: Metro 8.1 (down); Regional 0.5 (down).

- Unknown source cases: Metro 17 (steady); Regional 0 (steady).
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:35 am

The good news is no more cases in Shepp. That had the potential to really go tits up but hasn't.

As far as whatever Andrews announces next, I'm completely over the lying sack of shit, I just want the border opened so I can get the **** out of here.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:58 am

Down to 148 cases in total.

Obviously today's 0 new cases (after reclassification) is the lowest since 9 June, and also marks our lowest fortnightly and weekly averages since the second wave hit (8.6 and 6.9, respectively). We're also now tracking at under 5 daily cases for the fortnight ending 26 October (22 cases from 5 days, making an average of 4.4). But it's also only the third time we've had no new cases in a day since 6 March, which takes us back pre-first wave.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:23 am

It's a brilliant result, overall - and a few of the serial anti-Andrews brigade would do well to observe that this has happened because he has accepted responsibility and taken a serious of politically unpalatable decisions that have brought the State to the present favourable position. On that note, I thought his press conference yesterday demonstrated a very strong - and technically-nuanced - grasp of the epidemiological issues and presented a rigorous and intellectually-satisfying explanation of what the Government is doing and why.

That's not a party-political broadcast. I have never voted for him and never will - but it's been a refreshing thing to watch a political leader take difficult decisions that have the potential to shorten his political life because he knew - on the best scientific advice he could get - that they were and are the correct decisions to make.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:10 pm

^ Very well spoken, Pies4shaw.

I'm not an Andrews fan either, though I have been known to give his party my second or third preference by default - i.e., on the grounds that the other major party is unpalatably corrupt and not remotely interested in acting in the best interests of Victorians.

Andrews has been more than impressive right through this pandemic. He has earned my considerable respect. If I still lived in Victoria, I would vote for him.

PS: Other very good performers who have earned respect are Gutwein (Liberal, Tasmania), McGowan (Labor, WA), and Marshal (Liberal, SA).

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:17 pm

^
Faint praise for the arsonist.

Accountability is something he's very good at faking when it suits him and totally avoiding when it doesn't.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:16 pm

Tannin wrote:
Andrews has been more than impressive right through this pandemic. He has earned my considerable respect. If I still lived in Victoria, I would vote for him.

I actually laughed out loud reading this Laughing

- He caused the second wave with his incompetence to manage hotel quarantine.
- Crippled Victoria's economy.
- Locked us down longer than China and Northern Italy.
- Cannot explain who was responsible for hotel quarantine.
- Health minister resigns in the middle of a pandemic.
- Inept contact tracing.
- Violated the civil liberties of every single Victorian, and treated the populace like criminals.
- In bed with the Chinese Communist Party. Not even Federal Labor is stupid enough to sign up to the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).

You should be blessed you don't live in Victoria anymore. I don't know if you'd be singing the same tune if you were still living here.

Apart from that, let's thank and praise the arsonist for putting out the fire! Laughing

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:21 pm

Interesting that his favourability rate is still apparently 59% (as of a few days ago). Kind of suggests that the anti-Dan crowd are a noisy minority. (For what it's worth, I don't feel strongly either way about him, but would definitely prefer him in charge – both generally and in this specific situation – than the other mob.)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 168, 169, 170 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 169 of 202   

Jump to: